Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued >

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

The fws pony club update photo - discussion - completed page: Continued

Old 08-13-2016, 08:15 AM
Power Poster

Good morning and thank you, Nina Sue! The Mr. opened his gifts and seemed to like both the wall quilt and the shirt.

We've had a big storm cell moving through the area for the past couple of days... lots of rain. But today the weather is much, much cooler! What a blessing!

Happy Saturday to all....
Old 08-13-2016, 10:58 AM

SBG - I love, love, love that wall hanging! You did a wonderful job on it! Glad MrSBG enjoyed his presents!
Old 08-13-2016, 11:10 AM
Power Poster

Thank you, Jeanie!
Old 08-13-2016, 06:11 PM

Love the wall hanging SBG..

I worked all day today and played with a bunch of 2.5" candies.. sold a little Singer machine...stopped at Shoprite on the way home to pick up some ice cream and they lost power for about an hour and could not buy any ice cream or anything cold for that matter..Transformers were exploding all over..Thank God our street was very quiet..

93* at 9 in the evening..Yuk...
Old 08-14-2016, 06:39 AM

Yup, we built a 8 ft electric fence. I did plant some wildflowers all around the fence in hopes to make it look better. Also one of the main flowers I planted were cosmos & they are deer resistant. We probably did plant a few weeks early but the Sept rains should be here soon & the peas will grow through the fall. Our average freeze date is the end of Nov so I should be able to get a good harvest of peas before then.
We had a cold front come through on Fri & our high temp was 89*F yesterday! Oh it was wonderful! Today is supposed to be the same. It was supposed to rain but it didn't make it here. (I did hear that Midland got 2 inches Friday!)
Old 08-14-2016, 07:59 AM

Tired of the hot weather. I don't feel like doing anything... It's nice to be at work where it's air conditioned, but at home we don't have an air conditioner. We just sit and watch a video and drip with sweat.
Old 08-14-2016, 09:13 AM
Power Poster

We are on the outskirts of the big rain cell over Louisiana. Have had a ton of rain and the temps have come down a bit. Anything is a welcome relief. Heard my sister-in-law's home in Baton Rouge has 2 feet of water in it. She is a travel nurse living in NH right now, so I hope she can get home to get her house sorted out once the flooding recedes. I'm sure there will be some bad mildew damage. Those poor folks down there. They are supposed to get rain all day Mon and Tues, too.

Today at church the sweet little old man who is always there at the door to greet me was not there. Instead there was a big bowl of candy and his picture standing next to it. He was killed in a car wreck on Thursday! He always held the door for me, gave out the programs, and gave candy to the kids that came his way. So the bowl of candy was in remembrance of him... the sweetest, kindest man you'd ever hope to know. I am so sad to learn he is gone. He made everybody smile.

Then, as I rarely fail to see wildlife on our long country road near home, a huge wild turkey tom sauntered across the road in front of me. There are always animals out there. I love to see them and leave home wondering what I will see that day.

Have a lovely Sunday!
Old 08-14-2016, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by givio View Post
Tired of the hot weather. I don't feel like doing anything... It's nice to be at work where it's air conditioned, but at home we don't have an air conditioner. We just sit and watch a video and drip with sweat.
Yes, Givio, I can sympathize with you! We do not have an AC either. Usually don't need it here, as we live within 15 miles of the Pacific Ocean. We usually get cool breezes from the ocean, particularly in the late afternoon/evening. But when it gets into the rare 90's, we really suffer too.
Old 08-14-2016, 10:55 AM

SBG, Sounds like the little old man went home...
I can't imagine 2' of water in my house! Although the basements here do often get water in them if they aren't sealed well. Michigan used to be a lot of swamp land until the past generations moved the earth around in it. Now it's a lot of lakes, with underground water being quite near the surface.
Jeanie, cool breezes, yum! :-)
Old 08-14-2016, 11:46 AM

We never know when someone is not going to be there. But a shock to find our they are not among us anymore, SBG.

Givio, We had to have working A/C in Texas. And we installed it in our home we built here in North Central Missouri. But we did not grow up with A/C in our childhood homes. My DH can remember when they put electrical power in his childhood home.

Honchey, are you doing more little squares like before? Are we doing the posting of #99 on Tuesday or post on 97 & 98?

Now finish some other projects in the QR.