Boom 17 - TOPAZ

Old 12-02-2016, 01:38 PM

OK. I give up...please explain what iTrader is. It must be a good thing; folks compliment me....thanks
Old 12-02-2016, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by francie yuhas View Post
OK. I give up...please explain what iTrader is. It must be a good thing; folks compliment me....thanks
It is a way to leave feed back about swaps and buying or selling here on QB. So you can look at a person's feedback and see if you want to trade or buy / sell w/ them.
Old 12-02-2016, 03:06 PM

Got my blocks today!! They are Beautiful and I thank everyone! Love them and my Granddaughter is going to love it!!!Just in time for Christmas.
Old 12-02-2016, 04:26 PM

It's a useful tool for seeing how reliable a person is in swaps and exchanges, however, it is totally dependent upon a person's willingness to leave honest feedback. Some won't leave negative feedback. I will leave positive feedback on all Boom 17 participants because from my point of view, you all have succeeded and fulfilled your obligation. Maybe blocks aren't perfect or whatever, but in my eyes, in order to get positive feedback here, you just need to give it the old college try. All Boom 17 Boomers did that. Yay Boom 17 Boomers!

Everyone can leave feedback. Click on the feedback score under a person's name beside any of their posts and it will take you to a page asking you if you wish to leave feedback. Just make sure you give the correct feedback...it would be fairly easy to accidentally click the wrong type. You have a choice of positive, neutral or negative and there's a place for an explanation.

And to let newbies know, I do read your feedback. If there is something negative, it may very well affect my willingness to accept you into the swap. If you are completely new, with no feedback at all, I will still take you on. This is a good opportunity for QB newbies to build positive feedback. If you want to get feedback, I suggest QB newbies give feedback.
Originally Posted by francie yuhas View Post
Old 12-02-2016, 04:31 PM

Just got home and blocks are here! Havent opened them yet since grandkids are here for weekend and they are for Conner..darn..cant wait!!
Old 12-02-2016, 04:42 PM

Hello Ladies Long time no see, I'm going to try to do this in one post.

Terri, I am so sorry about your BIL my wish for you is love and comfort with our family and that later you all remember the holidays with joy. Also My youngest daughter is currently living in Norway and told me just the other day they would be celebrating with some new friends and that she would be trying lutefist for the first time. She often sends me pictures from the damn market of the very shall we say interesting things at the meat counter. Also Thank you for the snowflake it's truly perfect and already on my tree.

Kass, Your La passacaglia is amazing and I swear I never thought I would say this your nakid chickens are super cute all dressed up in their winter finery. Also your blue and yellow Allietare is awesome love the backing.

GramE, Thank you for sharing all your blocks so quickly that will be a wonderful quilt and I look forward to seeing the finish. We are grateful that you stumbled into us too it's amazing the things you find when you go down some of the internets rabbit holes.

NK I'm sorry to hear about Mr NK and all of his hospital visits I hope he's on the road to full recovery now.

Libster, Thank you for the heads up are you are trying to get us all in hot water hahahaha I'm drowning in my stash as it is but I hope the rest of you found great deals.

Sewbiz, Thank you for that tut and sharing your quilt it's beautiful great job love the dark blue sashing. Some day I am going to sit down with some orphan blocks and go step by step and see what happens.

SeaSaw, nice to see your sweet words here I'm always thinking about you lady you have an amazing spirt I look forward to seeing you here more and more.

Janice You are the hostess with the mostest and I hope you realize how much we appreciate you and what you do for us.

This has been a wonderful boom. I got my package yesterday, went through and ironed all my blocks today. Thank you all for swapping and sharing your talents with me. So many very beautiful blocks Also Thank every one of you for taking the time and effort to use my fabrics follow my color requests, I appreciate it so very much these blocks are going to make a quilt I'll be proud to gift my daughters boyfriend.

Who is ready for 18?
Old 12-02-2016, 04:42 PM

Shhhh...don't tell anyone but Boom 18 has been approved and sign-ups will begin next week. We'll use December for sign-ups and begin the swap in earnest in January.

Ok, just joking about keeping it quiet. I'll post the link to sign-ups here next week so be looking for it. Same format as usual. No more than 20 per group, may double up if we need/want to, 2 and 3 month group, you know the format. And as a follow-up to my previous post, I do look at feedback. We've had exceptional success with completion by every participant in the last (can it be?) three years, so I will not knowingly accept those in who have proven themselves to be unreliable in the past. Feedback DOES count as do the long memories of those who have been stiffed in the past.

So, are we ready for Boom 18???
Old 12-02-2016, 04:46 PM

Billi, check out the time stamps on our posts and the final sentence in both...great minds?
Old 12-02-2016, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Billi, check out the time stamps on our posts and the final sentence in both...great minds?
Ha thats awesome you know I'm in
Old 12-02-2016, 05:50 PM

Sigh... the hippy peace train is taking it's time to get here... supposedly on Saturday (and they deliver in the afternoon on Saturday) ....

Guess I should just have a *%^&*$#&( and chill-lax lol