Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Secret Santa Sign-ups 2016 >

Secret Santa Sign-ups 2016

Secret Santa Sign-ups 2016

Old 10-19-2016, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by momoftana View Post
I’ve tried to come up with a way to “poll the audience”without giving myself up to my SS recipient. I appreciate any and allperspectives to help with my delima. Having said that, in a purely hypothetically sense, here is my question.Suppose you are asking for specific fabric print, but did not specifydesigner/line/color, would you rather have 4 fat quarters, or a single yardcut?

If I decide to do a single yard cut, will that cover the FQ requirement? If youchoose single yard, would you rather me pick the fabric, or send a gift card? I’mnot looking to wuss out, just really trying to please my SS person. I havealready decided if I go the gift card route, I will include enough to covershipping.
Now I will sit here and wringmy hands, whine, and hope I get it right.

IMHO
I think it has gotten out of context when people are being made to feel "they hope to get it right".
For those who receive what ever happened to the concept of be grateful for what you get.
This SS is supposed to be fun for all; at least it used to be.
momoftana you do the best thing your heart and the rules tell you and you will have "gotten it right''.
Old 10-19-2016, 06:38 AM

I was just reading a post @ someone moving into their spare bedroom & wanting 'decorations' Me too me too! 😉. I JUST finished redoing my quilt room, THIS morning @ 5:30 Am. (Yes I stayed up all night finishing it.) But now I too have bear walls. Something fun, bright & 'quilty' would be nice to hang up. I like fun bright colors, hot punk, lime green, teal, purple and ANYTHING with butterflies is always a winner too.

I've been sleuthing myself 😉😉😉😉
Y'all gave a great day quilting!
Old 10-19-2016, 06:48 AM

Mamaoftana, Dont let trying to get it 'perfect' take away from the fun of the gift and the giving. Now, with that said, if we don't get 'specifics' you have two choices (1) send whatever you feel is best according to what answers were given or (2) have someone else on here play 'Elf' for you and ask her more specific questions. Some ladies just aren't chatty and therefore don't give lots of specific answers to the questionnaire. Over the years we have all gotten various and assorted responses or lack there of. That comes with all our different and unique personalities, but please don't get bogged down with it having to be 'right'. Send what you can according to their answers and your understanding of them, I am sure they will enjoy whatever you send! Have a fun day quilting��

Originally Posted by dreamer2009 View Post
IMHO
I think it has gotten out of context when people are being made to feel "they hope to get it right".
For those who receive what ever happened to the concept of be grateful for what you get.
This SS is supposed to be fun for all; at least it used to be.
momoftana you do the best thing your heart and the rules tell you and you will have "gotten it right''.
Old 10-19-2016, 08:52 AM

I think for most of us the giving part of this is the most fun. But remember that your ss will be excited to receive whatever you pick! (and if they aren't Shame on them).
Old 10-19-2016, 10:47 AM

I may have missed this in previous posts.

I'd like to know since this is my first year participating in this swap, do you prefer all the items wrapped individually in Christmas wrap?

Someone recently asked this so probably not enough time for responses but I too would like to know if a full one yard cut of fabric full fills the 4 FQ's. I typically don't like FQ's because if I fall in love with one of the FQ's then it's hard to find more of the same fabric. Does that make sense? :0)

One last question and it may have been addressed in past exchanges approximately when do we open the packages? Like around the 1st of December or just when everyone has rec'd a package?
Old 10-19-2016, 11:21 AM
Banned

Default New question(s)

I have some new questions (now that names are given out).

1) Do you like/want/need that dreaded pesky tool know as a seam ripper?
(more specifically the seem fix style with the eraser on the end)

2) Do you like/want/need micro tip Fiskar spring action scissors?
(I love these so much that I have numerous pairs plus 1 pair just for cutting
paper back fusible)

Here is a link to the scissors I am asking about just in case you don't know
Fiskar spring action micro tip

3) Do you wear glasses? (I have been wearing glasses since I was 4 years old)

4) Do you like to cook/bake?
Old 10-19-2016, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise View Post
I have some new questions (now that names are given out).

I only have one ripper, could easily use another

2) Do you like/want/need micro tip Fiskar spring action scissors? Do not have, would use

3) Do you wear glasses? Do not wear glasses (yea for lasix!)

4) Do you like to cook/bake? Yes to both
My responses in bold.
Old 10-19-2016, 11:54 AM

I'd like to know since this is my first year participating in this swap, do you prefer all the items wrapped individually in Christmas wrap? I wrap as much as I can individually, because I think it's so festive and fun to unwrap. There are usually a couple things that don't get wrapped though.

Someone recently asked this so probably not enough time for responses but I too would like to know if a full one yard cut of fabric full fills the 4 FQ's. I typically don't like FQ's because if I fall in love with one of the FQ's then it's hard to find more of the same fabric. Does that make sense? :0)
I think in the past it's been OK to send a yard instead of 4 FQs -- but personally I prefer the FQs.I have been known to send a half yard of the main pattern and 3 coordinating FQs.

One last question and it may have been addressed in past exchanges approximately when do we open the packages? Like around the 1st of December or just when everyone has rec'd a package?
We'll have an Opening date and time and then we all share photos here of our loot! Usually we all have input as to when and Teri gives us the final decision.
Old 10-19-2016, 11:56 AM

Have several. I honestly don't rippit much -- which probably means I'm not sewing enough!

2) Do you like/want/need micro tip Fiskar spring action scissors? Thankfully I don't need this yet.

3) Do you wear glasses? Yes

4) Do you like to cook/bake? Yes
Old 10-19-2016, 11:56 AM

I'll jump in here with my $.02 worth -- I love to open gifts, so I like to have things individually wrapped, that's part of the fun!
I'm not sure about the 1 yard vs. FQ question tho. I myself prefer fat quarters since they have so many applications.

(more specifically the seem fix style with the eraser on the end) -- I have one or two of those and I love them!

2) Do you like/want/need micro tip Fiskar spring action scissors? I have a pair of the larger ones, a smaller pair would be nice if they come in a smaller size that is!

3) Do you wear glasses? (I have been wearing glasses since I was 4 years old) - yep, but not for up close work like reading and sewing.

4) Do you like to cook/bake? That's a YEP too!