2017 Fabric Moratorium

Old 04-12-2017, 12:26 PM

Yes, support your friend. If you really don't want to add to your stash, find a charity to donate the fabric to.
I've been so boringly good this year about not buying fabric. I went to JoAnns the other day to see if I could find a 1/2 yard vegetable themed length for a swap I'm involved in, and didn't find what I was looking for. Even with a 50% off coupon I didn't buy something else. B.O.R.I.N.G.
Old 04-13-2017, 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by Grinch View Post
Oh no, MadQuilter. I am so very sorry to hear that. I can't imagine my emotional health without quilting.
Support your friend. Always.
It is funny you should say this, as I was just telling someone the other day that quilting is my therapy in so many ways. Definitely emotional health. I also agree, support your friend. Always sorry to hear this My prayers. And if that is what she needs at this time she will find much peace in knowing a friend has and will use her material with TLC, not a stranger....who knows what they would do with it. I went to Joanns the other day to get a 60 degree ruler. I am not one in buying a lot of tools, so that was a major thought process for me. I felt good at looking around, touching this fabric or that one, but not one piece came home, not even the clearance bin. I actually think it is getting easier for me each time.
Old 04-13-2017, 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
Yes, support your friend. If you really don't want to add to your stash, find a charity to donate the fabric to.
I've been so boringly good this year about not buying fabric. I went to JoAnns the other day to see if I could find a 1/2 yard vegetable themed length for a swap I'm involved in, and didn't find what I was looking for. Even with a 50% off coupon I didn't buy something else. B.O.R.I.N.G.
Lol, boring huh? Yes, something about that high, that little lift bring home a piece a fabric does. The excitement of how you are going to use it.
Old 04-13-2017, 05:55 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by AnngelAnne View Post
It is funny you should say this, as I was just telling someone the other day that quilting is my therapy in so many ways. Definitely emotional health. I also agree, support your friend. Always sorry to hear this My prayers. And if that is what she needs at this time she will find much peace in knowing a friend has and will use her material with TLC, not a stranger....who knows what they would do with it. I went to Joanns the other day to get a 60 degree ruler. I am not one in buying a lot of tools, so that was a major thought process for me. I felt good at looking around, touching this fabric or that one, but not one piece came home, not even the clearance bin. I actually think it is getting easier for me each time.
Sounds like you're making progress....and Martina gets a friendship pass...
Old 04-13-2017, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
Sounds like you're making progress....and Martina gets a friendship pass...
Thank you, I feel as though I am finally making progress in a lot of ways.
Old 04-13-2017, 07:14 AM
Power Poster

I can't imagine dealing with what my friend has to deal with on a daily basis. I wish I lived closer so I could help in person.

As for the moratorium, I just had a stash success. My BOM project through the guild has all the pieces cut and is assembled except for the final border added. When I was planning the pieced border I ended up using this one green fabric that I just love. There was one piece left about 2"x8" - Now THAT is calling it close. Talk about breathing a sigh of relief.
Old 04-13-2017, 07:50 AM

Question for you madquilter, what are you going to do with your green 2" by 8" scrap? It it going to be the start of a new shopping spree, opps I mean trip to start a new quilting project? Decisions, decisions. Or did you throw it away. Please don't tell us you just threw it away. LOL. Really good job in being so close in yardage buying. Congrats.
Old 04-13-2017, 09:07 AM
Power Poster

I have a pretty gift bag sitting under the table. All of my scraps over 1 1/2" go into it for my friend Joanne. She is a leaders and enders gal and she gets really excited about getting other people's scraps.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:19 AM
Power Poster

I also vote for friendship support. It's a small thing you can do that may help her rest more easily.
I have a request from my brother for a gift baby quilt. I'm going to mostly use stash. The additional fabric that I purchased will be used for that quilt (plus he's going to pay me for the fabric. yay.)
Old 04-13-2017, 10:28 AM
Power Poster

We are all so dang well behaved. I'm waiting for the big "thump" (the sound of us all tumbling off that wagon). I can feel it brewing.....