Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Scrappy and White 9 Patch Block Swap... signups close Sept 20! >

Scrappy and White 9 Patch Block Swap... signups close Sept 20!

Scrappy and White 9 Patch Block Swap... signups close Sept 20!

Old 09-24-2018, 08:50 PM

Mine are going out this morning. I, too, used 2-1/2" squares from swaps on the board, and yep, some of them weren't exactly 2-1/2". I set aside the least accurate ones and tried to use the better ones, but the size differences probably affected my blocks slightly. Hopefully they're okay. I sent the tracking number via PM.
Old 09-25-2018, 04:47 AM

Moonrise, I am sure they will be just fine. My thought is, one thread off one direction or the other I can fudge that!
Old 09-25-2018, 04:55 AM

I mailed mine out yesterday. I made 8 sets in the end. Looking forward to seeing what I get back!

Here's what I finished over the weekend. It's been a year in the works, because it always kept being put on the back burner as other quilt ideas came. I'm not too sure I like the black calico border, but I hope it grows on me. I didn't want to buy anything as the whole quilt top is made from scraps. Now into the pile to be quilted it goes!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]601624[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails p1000330.jpg  
Old 09-25-2018, 05:29 AM
Power Poster

What a pretty log cabin, NZ! And yes, I think the black calico works well.
Old 09-25-2018, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Oh Chris... we have over two weeks before the shipping deadline. Relax! I think you need to look at your calendar again, LOL. Hopefully you will be going back to the Cabin before then. I’m so sorry you left your blocks behind. Sounds like something I would do... but no way would I drive that far to get them!

So how is everyone doing making their blocks? Did I make the deadline too short? Do we need an extra week, perhaps? Let me know. I can push it back if people feel they don’t have enough time. Tell me soon if we need to change it, (not at the last minute, please.)
I would appreciate it if the deadline gets changed to be an extra week later. I do not know if I will get mine done to get to you by October 10. I am too busy this month quilting for my customers for their quilts to be in our Quilt Show the weekend of October 6 and 7. I am going to work on them at the Quilt Show that weekend but that means I can't mail them until October 8 or 9th when I can get away from work to go to the Post Office. It would help me even if the deadline was October 12th.
Old 09-25-2018, 06:37 AM

Sorry, I didn't read all the posts until now. Thanks for the new deadline date. Now I should be able to get them all done for sure.
Old 09-25-2018, 07:20 AM
Power Poster

New deadline October 17.

Hope that helps!
Old 09-25-2018, 09:45 AM

Here is another simple but really pretty setting for 9- patches. https://prettybyhand.bigcartel.com/p...-quilt-pattern
Old 09-25-2018, 08:03 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
Here is another simple but really pretty setting for 9- patches. https://prettybyhand.bigcartel.com/p...-quilt-pattern
That's so pretty, NZ. It's almost an Irish Chain with an extra 9P in the centers... except it has those 4Ps in there too. Looks very summery with all the white. Would look great in scrappy.

We have had a slight change in our 'cast of characters'. Sunrise450 needed to drop out, so I contacted mmonohon and asked her if she would like to take her place. She did! Yay... still 18 swappers. Here is the revised list:

1. Cheesehead
2. NZQuilter
3. Mim
4. obrienwv
5. Honchey
6. Aborning
7. Terriamn
8. AnnieQuilts
9. RedStilletos
10. Sewbizgirl
11. Moonrise
12. Jannie
13. Libster
14. D.Henson
15. Libster
16. mmonohon
17. MaryMO
18. Klaws
Old 09-25-2018, 08:12 PM
Power Poster

Red and Honchey, I discovered what you did about our swapped candies today! I was starting a new quilt top and one of the things on the cutting list was 2.5" squares, cut on the diagonal into triangles. Wanting a wide variety, I went to my boxes of candies from swaps. I needed neutrals. Took out three stacks of them and then picked out all the ones that would work in this quilt. Before cutting them I needed to measure and can't tell you how many I had to drop into the garbage can because they were small, or not square. I really wish people would take better care in cutting for swaps! I hate the waste.

I made just over 100 little flying geese units today! That's what the split candy squares were for-- the side triangles in a goose.