2019 UFO Challenge

Old 01-15-2019, 06:27 PM

Yea, Krista!!! I think you were our number 1 producer last year. And, your projects were no easy feat, if I recall. Amazing results and dedication. Great goal for this year. I have no doubt you will meet it.

edwardsfm.....welcome and congrats on the finish. And congrats on the new grandbaby... So exciting..

Sewbiz.....did your grandbabies arrive yet? I recall reading somewhere that you were expecting 2 this year...

I am slowly making progress on my WIP. My machine is packed so I focused on the applique pieces, which are done, and now I'm cutting fabric for all the pieced blocks. I have my travel machine available and easy access if I Get the time and inclination. It's been really hard to not sew like I love doing... I have a feeling I will make up for lost time when I settle. Just 2 more weeks then...varoom...We are off to Idaho!
Old 01-15-2019, 08:21 PM
Power Poster

This is an exciting time for you, Teen... Idaho is a beautiful state.

Still waiting for the grandbabies to come. One is due Feb 20 and the other, April 10. Both are girls so I've been making little dresses and bubble suits for this summer. Also cloth diapers and covers, swaddle blankets out of double gauze, and burp pads. And now I'm looking at knitted toy patterns! This grandmothering is seriously hindering my quilting, tho I finished a donation quilt today too.
Old 01-16-2019, 11:05 AM

sewbizgirl, that was me last year ............ lol ... I finished 1 UFO and the rest of the year was spent making his baby quilt, burp pads, bibs, and some receiving blankets. Yes, grandmothering can seriously hinder your quilting ....
Old 01-16-2019, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Sync View Post
sewbizgirl, that was me last year ............ lol ... I finished 1 UFO and the rest of the year was spent making his baby quilt, burp pads, bibs, and some receiving blankets. Yes, grandmothering can seriously hinder your quilting ....
And joyfully it does not stop. I just made a pair of PJ's (Grammie Jammies) for one of my grandsons who is nearly 5 feet tall but has a waist that is 22" Nothing fits that you buy ready made. It was so heart warming to see skinny dude crawl into bed wearing his "grammie jammies" paired with a snazzy Batman shirt! Still sewing for grandchildren and loving it.
Old 01-16-2019, 06:15 PM
Power Poster

LOL WMUTeach... I still make flannel pj pants for my grown kids and their spouses, about every other Christmas. I agree, it never stops.
Old 01-17-2019, 08:18 AM

Hi everyone, I am making this my main goal this year. I have a stack of quilt tops that need quilted, along with several in various stages. My first retreat is coming up at the beginning of March, I will be taking nothing but started quilts in hopes of finishing some.
Old 01-17-2019, 01:45 PM

Great to hear about all of the progress and chatter. Do we have anyone who has completed a UFO’s and want it to count in our totals? I have not received any PM so I can start our finished ufo list. But, if you prefer not to have it count, that’s okay too. Just re,ember to pm me when you finish a ufo project. We still have 1/2 the month to get a project done or two.

I have a small wall hanging ufo ready to be sandwiched and fmq. Next week after our VQW, (virtual quilt weekend). The VQW should start today or tomorrow, look under the 1st section in this blog. Happy sewing everyone.
Old 01-17-2019, 03:15 PM

I rewrote my list to clean off a few craft items that I din't feel were too important and found that they are ufo projects that involve sewing and fabric/cloth so they should actually stay on the list. So here it is.
Chris Koi Quilt needs Koi and water plants. Border, backing, binding.
Civil War Quilt- needs Quilting. I think I already binding have to check.
Crayon Color Quilt- needs binding and quilting. I hate it I want to donate it.
Valentine Pot holders- to do gift and for selling at the farmers market.
Garner Family Quilt- needs backing batting binding and quilting.
9 patch quilt need to look and evaluate.
B & W quilting panels and blue jean panels. It used to be a giant (HEAVY) quilt but I took it apart. Not sure what I want to do with it.

I'm not adding more right now. There are the ones I want to accomplish the Most.

Good luck everyone.
Old 01-17-2019, 06:02 PM

I am joining this UFO challenge. Thank you happylab, for starting this thread.

I have over 40 projects that I have started & are in different stages of needing finishing. These are my WIP's aka UFO's. Unfortunately, none of them are the final binding. Wish they were. My commitment to myself is to finish 10 of them before I start any new projects, unless it is a special occasion quilt, ie, birthday, wedding or baby, that has to get done and none of my UFO's will be perfect for the occasion. Now, my method will be to finish the first one I find. If I start looking through them to find the easiest, I may never get started, plus some have disappeared for this moment. I couldn't find them last year, but I know they are in the sewing room. So I will just sew my way through them one at a time. Stay tuned for pictures.

Edited to add: I have over 50 kits, which have the pattern and all the material pulled for them, so as far as I am concerned, I actually have almost 90 UFO's. Sad that anyone could be this disorganized. My daughter thinks I may be ADHD. Thinking it could be true. I am a good starter, but a poor finisher.

Last edited by Barb in Louisiana; 01-17-2019 at 06:17 PM.
Old 01-17-2019, 06:16 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by happylab View Post
Great to hear about all of the progress and chatter. Do we have anyone who has completed a UFO’s and want it to count in our totals?
I finished two today. Both were tops made from leftover blocks from other quilts I have made, plus a block a friend gave me. I quilted and bound both today. Yay! I plan to donate both. Will pm you happylab, if that's what I am supposed to do.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]606937[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]606938[/ATTACH]

Both of these look more drab and dreary than the colors really are. It was dark when I took the photos and there really wasn't enough light.
Attached Thumbnails img_4632.jpg   img_4636.jpg