2019 UFO Challenge

Old 01-31-2019, 05:56 PM
Power Poster

OBW... Your work is sew pretty!
Old 01-31-2019, 06:10 PM

Krista...stunning OBW....the colors so appeal to me. You are a wonder. Congrats on finish...
Old 02-01-2019, 10:13 AM

I would like to join in this year's challenge. I dropped out last year due to embarrassment at never finishing a project. But my back troubles have eased somewhat lately and I sat down at the quilting machine yesterday for the first time in ages! So I am hopeful that I might actually finish a quilt this year.

I have many unquilted tops, plus all the PIGS I created from stash over the last two years while not quilting. (I decided I would not finish another top until I was able to start quilting again, since I have space to store PIGS but am running out of space for unquilted tops.) I did make an enormous dent in my stash with the PIGS, but unfortunately bought fabric to fill all the space up again!

Last week I made a folder called 'fabric I wanted,' and have been saving photos of fabric to that folder rather than buying it. Wish I had thought of that sooner, LOL.
Old 02-01-2019, 04:10 PM
Power Poster

Nobody can just leave our group, Joe's mom. Once you are in you are in We all get sidetracked for one reason or another and there is no shame in that! Nice idea about the fabric I wanted file!
Old 02-01-2019, 04:49 PM

Joe'smom....so glad you are feeling better and are able to enjoy your craft again. Excuse me..but, what are PIGS? Lol...my mind is wandering to all kinds of things...lol...
Old 02-01-2019, 04:57 PM

Thanks everyone!

Kristakz- your one block wonder is stunning, great finish!

Rob
Old 02-01-2019, 05:21 PM

Thanks oksewglad!

Originally Posted by Teen View Post
Joe'smom....so glad you are feeling better and are able to enjoy your craft again. Excuse me..but, what are PIGS? Lol...my mind is wandering to all kinds of things...lol...
Projects in Grocery Sacks
Old 02-01-2019, 05:46 PM

OMGosh...Lol....that's hilarious, joe'smom...
Old 02-02-2019, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
Thanks oksewglad!

Projects in Grocery Sacks
OMG. That is just to funny. Love it.
Old 02-04-2019, 08:21 AM

Okay we have the official January count. I went through all of my PM’s and we have a grand total of “25”. Yea!!!!. (Noise louder than the noise the Chief fans make during a home game). Yea! Thank-you everyone for your comments, and encouragements progress and finishes. Again Fabulous effort everyone. Remember, the progress you make last month could maybe a finish this month. “So let’s keep working on our ufo’s.”

This is month I would like to see more story lines with the quilts and maybe set a reasonable goal for ourselfs. For example I have a UFO i’m Working on this month, that started 2 years ago for my GN. She likes Olaf. I have a top for front and back, just need to sandwich and quilt and take pic. So I decided that would be my project this month. Plus do 2 small ufo’s. The reason this is a UFO, my quilting machine is acting funny, and not stitching right, it skips stitches when I quilt right to left. So I will use FMQ on my sewing machine. My second UFO for this month started 2 years ago. It’s a small twilled heart. I’m terrible at Twilling, so I finished the inner heart with plain stitching stitch. Now I just need to sandwich and quilt. I’m also working on a small heart runner. It’s just 5” squares, but I decided to enlarge it to fit my desk top. My final project this month is to finish a train throw for my GN. It’s cut out, but needs to be sewn and quilted. So my projects goal this month is 4 (2 small projects and 2 medium projects). If I have time complete one ufo charity. I have a few that just needs to be sandwiched and quilted.

So so let’s hear your ufo stories. Happy sewing/quilting.