Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilting Weekend--June 27-June 30, 2019 >

Virtual Quilting Weekend--June 27-June 30, 2019

Virtual Quilting Weekend--June 27-June 30, 2019

Old 06-27-2019, 03:05 PM

Default Virtual Quilting Weekend--June 27-June 30, 2019

Welcome to Virtual Quilting Weekend. It's going to be hot here this weekend--a good time to be inside enjoying the air conditioning! After I'm done at VBS tomorrow I will hopefully be in my sewing room. My plan for the weekend is to finish some quilts and get some memory pillows done.

So what will you work on this weekend? Please join me and share your projects with us.

Next VQW will be July 26-28.
Old 06-27-2019, 03:15 PM

I just finished a checkerboard quilt and have excess fabric. I think there is enough to make a double Irish chain. So that is my plan to start on it and see how large I can get it to finish
Old 06-27-2019, 03:23 PM

Tomorrow and Saturday I’m taking a thread painting workshop at my LQS. We’re working on a hummingbird panel. Sunday I will be working on getting a quilt ready for the AQS show in Grand Rapids. Thanks for hosting Raggiemom- I’m really looking forward to seeing what everyone is up to!

Rob
Old 06-27-2019, 03:39 PM

Great! I'm in. I have 10 baby quilts waiting for their bindings. And, a bunch of audio books from the library. I'm going to plug them in, listen to some good mysteries, and hand-sew away! Thanks for the invite.
Old 06-27-2019, 05:52 PM

Definitely in---tomorrow I hope to make more headway on a friend's quilt--it's so fun! It's a Pat Sloan quilt along and she choose all Halloween fabrics--so I'm using some traditional designs interspersed with Halloween motifs like pumpkins, ghosts, etc. And after we priced true "glow in the dark" thread (wow--pretty pricey!) I bought Superior Magnifico in neon green--and it glows in the dark with a black light! Also on Sat. I need to finish piecing the 2nd 4 panels for my tuffet--class on Tues evening where we will assemble. Pictures later!
Old 06-27-2019, 06:22 PM
Power Poster

I may pop in and see what you are posting... but I have weekend guests coming tomorrow night. One of them is my grandbaby, so I will be so busy with her for as long as I can. Y'all have fun and I'll catch the next one!
Old 06-27-2019, 06:23 PM

I'm in, have 3 quilts that need binding stitched down for Church. Then I have some more hand quilting to do on a memory quilt, and a stained glass commission project to work on. I am also getting rid of DH for the weekend. He wants to play with his chain saw at our friends cabin. So I get from tomorrow to Sunday by myself.
Old 06-27-2019, 08:47 PM

Today I tried to figure out what I was doing on my double Irish star blocks. I made 8 blocks, but decided to switch out one of my tan fabrics. My tan #1 was too close in color to my background color. I plan to work on that off and on after completing a pink baby quilt. Then Finish the weekend with putting on 2 borders for train top and maybe work on a dinosaur top. I only have 2.5 borders to finish on my BHMQ-gf. I’ll show a pic after I get it quilted. Happy sewing everyone.
Old 06-28-2019, 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
I may pop in and see what you are posting... but I have weekend guests coming tomorrow night. One of them is my grandbaby, so I will be so busy with her for as long as I can. Y'all have fun and I'll catch the next one!
Same here...except that it’s not guests keeping me from my sewing room. I need to be outdoors in the short summer that we have so I will either be in the vegetable garden or kayaking for hours at a time. Thank you Raggiemom for organizing VQW.
Old 06-28-2019, 02:24 AM

I'm in. I hope to find my quilting room along with the air conditioning. Going to be hot in Northern Indiana. I had taken 28 items to the Honeyville Quilt show and sale. Three sold. One that I'm surprised sold was my Smith Mountain Morning top done in gray and dull blue. It was a protptype to see if the Accuquilt cutter would make it easier to put it together. Answer: Yes!! My Bonnie Hunter class isn't until November but I think I'll cut the purple and green one.