Pony Club Thread 3

Old 11-25-2020, 10:15 PM

Bev, You have a lot to be thankful for, if your accident was that bad, but all involved were essentially okay... I love Thanksgiving! My favorite holiday. It's certainly different this year with covid guidelines, but, still, we all have so much to be thankful for in spite of that, don't you agree? Best wishes to you all.
Old 11-26-2020, 07:06 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to all. May it be a good thankful day for you. I am truly retired. Did not get up at 5am to start a turkey, in fact, no turkey at all this year. Baked pies yesterday, dh happy he got his two pumpkin pies and an excellent breakfast this morning. Both freezers are full of good food.

Dr.s gave us a healthy good a checkup on Monday with semi-annual blood checks. When you have good health, you can truly count your blessings. May even get some sewing in today.
Old 11-26-2020, 10:45 AM
Power Poster

Yes it is the best holiday! Happy Thanksgiving to you all. We are going up the road for turkey with FarmerSon and family. I have a ham (request of GD#3, the beekeeper), scalloped corn (MIL's recipe), green bean casserole ready to take out of the oven. Sent home a pecan and banana cream pie with the Grands a while ago. A loaf of cheesy onion bread also on the menu. Potatoes, stuffing, turkey, relish, cranberry sauce, and pumpkin pie made by FarmerDIL. Much to be thankful for.

Sorry about the accident Bev...SIL had a little brass badge in her car years ago...God is only a whisper away...how true.

MrOK in the house...time to pack up!

Old 11-26-2020, 03:14 PM
Power Poster

Oh Bev, so sorry! Glad that everyone involved is unhurt.
Old 11-26-2020, 03:56 PM

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! It was a quiet one this year...just my husband and I. Kids all had other plans...hope to have them all here around Christmas sometime. We had sushi (made by DH) for lunch. Neither of us are big turkey fans so it worked out well. There were a few side dishes I missed but plan to make those in December when the kids can enjoy too.

Bev, sorry to hear about the accident! That is always scary, thankfully no one was hurt too badly.

QNS, good reports at the doctors are always nice to have!

Gladie, sounds like you were able to have a great feast! My youngest always requests ham when we have a big thanksgiving meal at my mom's house since she doesn't eat turkey at all.

I got my MRI results for my wrist/thumb and the good news is the area where they see "possible degeneration/tear" is not an area where they usually have to do surgery. The surgeon is going to do another cortisone injection on Tuesday in a different place this time and hopefully that will take care of things so I can get back to doing things I want to do (ie sewing!!) and not just the things I have to do while in pain.
Old 11-27-2020, 04:59 AM

Thanks guys! I am so thankful to be alive. I am also glad to hear from all of ya'll.
Old 12-17-2020, 04:28 AM

Hey guys! It took 2 weeks to get the insurance $ from my wreck. And then we drove to the DFW area & bought another Highlander. It is a sport addition & is all wheel drive. I love the pretty light blue color that it is. We picked it up on Sat. How are all of ya'll doing?
Old 12-17-2020, 09:12 AM
Power Poster

How fun, Bev. A new car for Christmas! Hope every trip in it is a safe trip.

Carrie, hope you are back to sewing now.

I can't believe how fast Christmas has snuck up on us. Next week!! My family will start arriving on Wednesday. Can't wait to see them. Before they get here I need to shop and prepare food, clean house and put up and decorate the tree, and wrap all the gifts. In other words, everything still needs to be done! It's coming time to start putting up all of the sewing stuff so guests can move in here.

Hope all of you are enjoying getting ready for your Christmases, whether big or small.
Old 12-17-2020, 12:56 PM

Much smaller Christmas for us this year, about half of those we usually have. On top of that, we will not see my siblings, except as a drive by Christmas exchange. We cannot wait to get together again! Have to prepare half of the food I usually do, but it is all the same amount of work!

On the quilting front, I am caught up for this week on the Bonnie Hunter Mystery, and am also caught up with my blocks for the FW Homestead quilt. Yay!!

Old 12-18-2020, 07:39 AM

Bev--I am glad the insurance company finally came through and you were able to get your new vehicle picked up.

SBG--sounds like you will have a full and festive house soon!

Jeanie--I am so envious of all the sewing you've been able to do. No PP'ing for me quite yet. It is nice you will be able to have at least some of your family gathered.

We'll have 2 of our 3 children here on Christmas day. We get to see the 3rd on Christmas Eve for a little bit, she just isn't free for the next day. My husband will be doing most of the food prep...I just wash dishes while he works. A good arrangement since I don't have to do both.

I haven't done any sewing since finishing the RR. I need to make a couple pillowcases and a stocking (my plan for today)...just had to do some laundry and make ham&bean soup for supper first this morning. My thumb is still not better after the 2nd cortisone injection (in a different place than the first)...almost 3 weeks ago. I have an appt on Monday with another doctor for a 2nd opinion since the first pretty much told me if the shot didn't work I didn't have any other options.

I hope you all have a great weekend and next week too.