Pony Club Thread 3

Old 01-24-2021, 11:34 AM
Power Poster

I hope you get to sew when you want to, Bev. You might have to clear a day out of your schedule once a week, just for sewing!

The Birthday Swap (swapping 2.5" squares) is forming up a new group for 2021. Think about joining... there are so many great scrappy quilts using 2.5" squares. And it's tons of fun to get the motherlode of squares on your birthday.

2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap
Old 01-25-2021, 08:00 PM

I'm interested in doing the new Old School BOM this year. Any of you girls want to join in? Only one 12" block per month, easy-peasy! SBG started a new thread.
Jeanie, do you have time between your other projects?
QNS, interested in new challenge?
dublb, it's only an hour of time away from your repair work.
carriem, are there a few scraps for a 12" block laying around after your RR sewing?
OK, you've finished a lot of projects, how about a slow moving one to do with us?
Old 01-25-2021, 08:50 PM
Power Poster

Isn’t Givio the best recruiter? 🤣
Old 01-25-2021, 09:58 PM

:-) I dunno, SBG. You have just encouraged us to join the B-day swap.... :-)
Old 01-26-2021, 04:42 AM

SBG and Givio--you ladies are so funny! If I can do it with mostly fabric I have I'll try! I have just one quilt I *have to* make this year plus the RR I joined. Otherwise the others aren't really calling out to me to finish at this time. The 1 quilt is for my nephew...I make a quilt for all my niece and nephews during the year they turn 5. I try to do the month of, but since I know things happen make no promise of it being a "birthday quilt"...that way no one is disappointed when it isn't there on the day of.

4-6" of snow last night so other than dishes and maybe a little shoveling (my husband and son are pretty good about doing most of it)...it is a sewing day!! Current border on the RR will be done in a short time, then I'll take a look at the 1st block for the BOM a little closer...when I glanced last night it didn't look like it would take too long. After those a break for lunch and start getting fabrics cut for my nephew's quilt....this is the step I have to take lots of breaks with right now.

2nd PT appt is tomorrow morning. 1st was more just measuring strength, flexibility, and lots of questions. She did a little massage on my thumb/wrist as well as both laser and ultrasound treatments. They are going to work on my neck/shoulder too as she thinks those might be what are actually causing the continued flare up in my hand.
Old 01-26-2021, 04:49 AM

I don't know about Joining ya'll in a BOM. I do think I'll just go & lurk to see what ya'll are up to.
Old 01-26-2021, 06:39 AM
Power Poster

Lurking is fine, Bev. You might want to download the block instructions tho, in case you decide to make them later. They are only free for the first month after they are posted.

Carrie, hope the PT works wonders for you. It sure did for me, with my back.
Old 01-26-2021, 08:30 AM

I gather this is a FW group. I love my 2 FW's. One is a 1946 and the other a 1952. (I may be wrong on the second one) Both are in fine working order and I made a quilt top with the younger one a couple months ago. This may sound a bit crazy but I am very protective of them. Thanks for letting me join you here.
Old 01-26-2021, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by juliasb View Post
I gather this is a FW group. I love my 2 FW's. One is a 1946 and the other a 1952. (I may be wrong on the second one) Both are in fine working order and I made a quilt top with the younger one a couple months ago. This may sound a bit crazy but I am very protective of them. Thanks for letting me join you here.
Hello Julia--actually FW stands for Farmer's Wife. Many of us did these quilts as a "quilt along" over the years and built friendships so we just check in now and then. Several have old machines so we do share about those here too.
Old 01-26-2021, 02:59 PM
Power Poster

Hi Julia,
If you are looking for a Featherweight group, there is a "Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts" forum on the board, here:

https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintag...thusiasts-f22/