Pony Club Thread 3

Old 09-20-2020, 08:47 PM

Very nice colors in that Round Robin. Those look like fun too!
Old 09-21-2020, 04:49 AM

I love that Round Robin Givo. Putting it on point was a great idea.
Old 09-21-2020, 05:49 AM
Power Poster

That Round Robin quilt is coming to me next and is due to arrive today... yay! Givio's round is going to be a hard act to follow.
Old 09-24-2020, 03:21 PM

Now I'm sewing on the next round robin top. I don't know when I'll ever get back to my PC or FWS blocks!
Old 09-25-2020, 05:26 AM

I've had a high, then a low.
On Wed I drove to Temple to get my instructor to help me w/several machines. I took 6 but when I got there 3 of 'em worked just fine. LOL He helped me w/the other 3 & I feel so accomplished! I still have to put 'em back together. I'm so glad that I have started carrying 'em in bins so that everything stays together. I was feeling so accomplished when I went to bed at 11.
DM called me at Midnight. She had been vomiting & her BP was 220/117. I took her to the ER. It was soooo sad as I couldn't even wait in the waiting room. I had to wait in the car. Eventually the Dr came out & told me that DM had pancreatitis. She is in the hospital. I was so pleased yesterday when I went to see her. (Don't get me going on the rig-a-ma-roll that I had ot go through just to see her in the hospital!!!!) Her spirits were high & she felt so much better. They are talking about sending her home today.
Old 09-25-2020, 07:34 AM
Power Poster

Sorry about your mom, Bev. Glad she is doing better and won't have a long hospital stay.
Old 09-25-2020, 09:30 AM

Hi Bev! Glad your mom is doing better and hopefully coming home soon. It sounds like your machine repair instructor is a real gem! So nice that you can take machines to him that are causing you problems! Hugs!
Old 10-06-2020, 06:52 AM

I have been sooo busy! My DM went home from the hospital fairly quickly. She was on a clear liquid diet at first but has slowly added more & more foods. They feel that her pancreas was damaged during her colon surgery. She might suffer from this periodically.
We have a new puppy!!!! She is a rescue. #1DSis had a stray dog have puppies under her mobile home. The Mama Dog was a sweetheart but she is afraid to get closer'n 3 feet from anyone. (She's a brindle colored Mountain Curr.) She stayed there because #1Dsis's male (black) Staffordshire Bull Terrier took care of her. Wild dogs roam in packs out where #1DSis lives as it is on the edge of town. About 3 months ago a pack of those dogs killled #1DSis's Bull Terrier. Anyway if ya'll remember, #1DSis is basically disabled. She was feeding Mama Dog & her puppies but not really enough. DD went & picked out one of the brindle colored puppies about 4 weeks ago. DH & I were impressed w/how calm he is. After that #2DSis went & picked up the puppies & took 'em to her house to socialize & foster 'em. Then they trapped Mama Dog & have been working w/her. Again she isn't aggressive at all. We had been talking to #2DSis about which of the girls would work for us. A week & half ago DSis was gonna come to Midland (to see DM) & she brought 2 of the girls for us to look at. We picked the bigger of the 2 girls. Not because she was bigger but because she was so mild mannered. We already have her leash trained & are making great progress in getting her house broken. We have to use a gentle hand w/her as she was so scared of everything when she got here. She loooves her toys. OH, at 3 1/2 months old she weighs 32lbs.
We had 4 things we had told each other we wanted in a dog;
*We wanted a 2 year old dog that was mostly trained.
*We didn't want a dog that is bigger'n 50 lbs.
*We didn't want another dark dog as it is just too hot in the summer & dark colored dogs get so hot.
*We only wanted a girl.
OK we got a black puppy that will get up to at least 60 lbs.There's a good chance that she will get around 100lbs. The sire weighed 110lbs.
We did get a girl! LOL That's 1 outta 4.

Old 10-06-2020, 07:26 AM

I am back into my quilt room, cutting out the Homestead Center. Not rushing it, just petting the fabric and cutting a bit at a time. No chickens, ducks or guineas on the place, dh has taken down most interior fences. I feel truly retired now, dh fixes his own breakfast and repeats it for his supper. If I feel good, I will fix lunch for both of us. I am addicted to my Kindle now, and love reading free books, through the Fussy Librarian and Amazon Prime. Fruit room and 2 freezer are full, so we are ready for winter. Love being in the country, with neighborhood who will help if an emergency pops up, and everyone lives their own life here in Hartford. We only go to town for prescriptions and a few groceries, about twice a month. Feeling very blessed with our independent lifestyle. It is very peaceful and serene here.
Old 10-06-2020, 07:44 AM
Power Poster

Yay for the puppy, Bev! She will bring you lots of love.

Sue, no more fresh eggs for you and dh? Life is simpler when you don't have extra mouths to feed. Sounds like you are settling in to a nice peaceful life.

I'm still working on the round robin exchange. Only one more top to work on and I'm done! Givio has it now and when she finishes her round, it will come to me. This has been fun, but I'm not convinced I would want to do it again.

Also, there is a Boom swap going on and I'm enjoying making blocks for everyone.

Hope you all are enjoying this lovely cooler weather!