Fabric Moratorium 2022

Old 05-30-2022, 05:33 AM

You did well and great way to use stash.
Old 06-04-2022, 08:34 AM

Another month gone by. I did not buy the blue yardage I eyed for over the 3 day Memorial Day weekend. And I found my black fabric to use for my niece’s top in my stash. So I do not buy or need fabric at this time.

congrats on everyone staying on the wagon.
Old 06-06-2022, 12:04 PM

I cut out this big star today from an old Jennifer Paganelli bundle. Still waiting for my sewing machine to come home.

Attached Thumbnails img_7483_fotor.jpg  
Old 06-08-2022, 08:18 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
I had one of those moments yesterday when I just had to paw through a bin of scraps and orphan blocks that I have created or that were given to me. Lots and I do mean LOTS of HSTs that needed to be created and used. I found so much to do. I had a lovely afternoon wandering through blocks, squaring them up and bagging them for a future projects . But more to the point of this thread, I found enough to create the centers for several baby quilts. I dug around in my stash and found coordinating fabrics to expand the centers into usable sizes and can finish at least one this weekend and maybe two. What an amazingly creative afternoon I had matching, trimming, sewing and seeing the bin of "usable scraps" turn into usable quilt tops. I began to put to use what was right next to me waiting for my attention. I am ready for day two!
I am in need of bags to carry to and from, but need to cover up some logos. I mean really who wants to carry a bag with a funeral home logo on it! Thanks for the orphan block reminder!
Old 06-08-2022, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
I am in need of bags to carry to and from, but need to cover up some logos. I mean really who wants to carry a bag with a funeral home logo on it! Thanks for the orphan block reminder!
What a great idea, covering up logos like that!
Old 06-10-2022, 05:18 AM

Logos can be a hoot. I had one that I got from who knows where that was using the proper medicinal names, I looked it up on the net an discovered it advertising for birth control medication from a pharmaceutical company... Chose not to carry that one to the classes I was teaching about infant toddler development. The laugh was one me.
Old 06-10-2022, 06:11 PM

WMUTeach, LOL #196.
Old 06-11-2022, 06:52 AM
Power Poster

🤣🤣🤣WMUTeach!
Old 06-13-2022, 03:20 AM

Default My deminishing bin of batiks

OK, back to topic of fabric moratorium. During my weekend on grandma duty, I was able to make more than 50, 6.5" square-in-a- square blocks from my bin of batiks. Need a few more to total 130. Before making more, I need to lay them out to see what colors are needed to balance the randomness in this scrappy quilt. Here is tiny sample of my efforts.
Attached Thumbnails june-10-batikes.jpg  
Old 06-14-2022, 04:48 AM

joe’smom: Nice Star!

WMUTeach: Great way to use batik scraps.