Boom 30 - Autumn

Old 11-24-2023, 04:12 PM

Thanksgiving was wonderful. Family dinner yesterday at my nephews hone, breakfast with another part of my family today, Friday. Daughter and her two children for a couple of days. All that was missing was leftovers and a few more days with my grands.

Package arrived today! Now it is time to play with my new blocks and turn them into a quilt. Thank you everyone.

Old 11-24-2023, 08:33 PM

The Thanksgiving potluck was wonderful, it was well organized and oh so much food. I took small amounts of lots of different food and everything I tried was delicious. Completely changed my mind on holiday potlucks.

The tracking number for my boom blocks gave a delivery date of Monday. And surprise surprise they arrived this evening. There were 19 baggies and I gave them a quick look and all look delightful, will look closer tomorrow after my hair appointment. Going to jazz up the gray with low lights. Have asked for a salt and pepper look. Crossing my fingers it will look nice. My family will be happy since I’m not adding purple this time. I have been blessed with a thick head of hair so why not enjoy it.
Old 11-25-2023, 02:09 AM

Our Thanksgiving was grand. There were 10 of us plus two who came for dessert and coffee and brought the most amazing homemade baked goodies. The grand girls were well behaved for the most part, the food was delicious and the company wonderful. Couldn’t have asked for a happier day.

Am happy to see blocks are making their way home.
Old 11-25-2023, 06:42 AM

Got my froggies yesterday! They are all so cute! Can’t wait to put it all together!
Old 11-25-2023, 01:45 PM
Power Poster

My blocks came today (Saturday)! As usual, they are so much more beautiful than their photos. Thank you everyone for your lovely work on my quilt blocks. I love them all!

5 of you have not signed your work, so off I go to the gallery to figure out who's is who's.... This beautiful work deserves to be recognized.
Old 11-26-2023, 01:01 AM
Power Poster

Both my block baggies arrived safely. Thank you quilters for all the beautiful blocks you made. I really appreciate it and am looking forward to the next BOOM.
Old 11-26-2023, 04:44 AM

Oh me oh my. I have been so busy and off line. I am in NH and enjoying the family and fun. Doing most of cooking and working with teen who is learning.
my package is being received by daughters neighbor and will be awaiting me next weekend. Not sure when I will get to play with them since I will be helping DD after her surgery for two months and being taxi driver for grand daughter! But I really wanna get them together.
Janice you did it again. Thank you one and all
Old 11-26-2023, 05:31 AM

Good morning, Boomers. It’s a cold day in WNC, below freezing. I’ve been up since six working on my quilt top. It’s always a great time to get some sewing in.

I’m happy to hear packages are arriving and that you’re liking what you find. I haven’t had a chance to really examine mine but once I finish the units I’m working on now, I’ll take a break and get my blocks up on the design wall and start planning.

Have a good day!
Old 11-26-2023, 05:56 AM

The package arrival worked out perfect for me, will be heading back to Minnesota on the 2 nd for the month of December and I can lay all the blocks out on my design wall. If time doesn’t allow me to sew hem together I will take a picture and bring the blocks back to Texas with us and sew them here. No design wall in Texas.

Janice it’s also pretty darn cold in Southern Texas but not as cold as your temps
Old 11-26-2023, 06:40 AM

My blocks have arrived, and they are spectacular. I can't wait to get them together into a quilt. My Christmas sewing and knitting have to come first. I have two pairs of mittens and a hat to knit. A baby quilt to finish. Burp cloths to make and two Christmas quilts to finish. The quilts are all quilt as you go, they will be fastest to finish as all the blocks are quilted.