Boom 30 - Autumn

Old 11-19-2023, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Here’s another block previously missing from the gallery. It’s from Annaquilts for Lstew.
Great block, I love it. Thank you
Old 11-19-2023, 08:31 PM
Power Poster

Well, now that we are winding down and nearly finished with this swap, Janice and I have something to share with you. As you know, I had a health scare come up at the start of this swap and Janice was kind enough to step back in. We have decided that for the foreseeable future Janice will take the swap back over, and I'll be her backup person when she needs a break or has something come up in her life that she needs to attend to. I will continue to do these swaps that I love, so I'll be around. I thank you for letting me lead you in the past couple of swaps and know that you will be happy to have Janice back as your leader.

I hope all of you have a peaceful and happy Thanksgiving, and that you are truly thankful for many things!
Old 11-20-2023, 04:57 AM

Good morning, Boomers.

I’m very grateful to Sewbizgirl for stepping in with the Booms when I was unable to commit to them. It is no surprise that she’s done a marvelous job with them. I didn’t plan to miss the swap as much as I did, and I’m happy to once again take the reins knowing SBG is right there if I need assistance. Thank you, SBG!

It’s my plan to start Boom 31 in late winter 2024. I hope you’ll join again.

But I’m getting ahead of myself as we need to finish this Boom. I think I can squeeze in shipping before Thanksgiving if the last package arrives today as scheduled. No promises so I’ll let you know.
Old 11-20-2023, 06:25 AM

Thank you Sewbiz and Janice for everything you both have done and will be doing for our boom swap. It is my absolute favorite quilting activity and that’s because of how well the swap is run. Love you both!
Old 11-20-2023, 08:17 AM
Power Poster

Smile

In going through the pix and packages, I’ve discovered a number of pix missing from the gallery. They might not have been posted in thread or I simply missed them. Here are two by duckling. One for WMUTeach and the other for Reba.

Correction...The one for WMU Teach was in the gallery already. Oops.

What a cute blocks! Thank you for doing all of this. I love the galleries and pictures.
Old 11-20-2023, 08:39 AM
Power Poster

Good morning Boomers- I'm recovering nicely from the second knee surgery. It's been better than the last one but my husband and I got monster colds right at the beginning! ( a gift from our grandchildren ) Haven't had a cold like this one in years.
I want to thank SBG and Janice for all their work doing these swaps. I've enjoyed them so much and look forward to the next one.
Happy Thanksgiving to all. We have so much to be grateful for!!
Old 11-20-2023, 08:58 AM

Good news SusieQOH, about your knee surgery, I'm sure you will recover well, take lots of Vitamin C ;-) Thanks also to SBG and Janice for this swap. I have thoroughly enjoyed it. I already know what I will be asking for in the next one, isn't that bad? And BTW, I absolutely love my Spirit of Baltimore quilt from the swap. It is still amazing and on my bed as we speak. Hugs all and happy Turkey Day!
Old 11-20-2023, 09:01 AM

Thank you JaniceMcC and SewBizgirl for these wonderful swaps. You did a great job! I just participated in swaps 28, 29, and 30 and they were so much fun and challenging in different ways. I am going to take a break but hope you will welcome me back in awhile. My UFO's from my sister need to get done and there are at least 11 (I think really 17) large quilts to finish! I'll try to stop in occasionally to say Hi.

Who mentioned that the old simplicity pattern material used for Rebaquilts block? I remembered Joann Fabric had a whole line of things - pouches, sewing baskets, material, totes - with a similar print and I bought this tea towel because my mom made that very dress. It was a drab olive and navy strip with little white paisleys and it fit her like the model. That block brought back happy memories. Thanks to all of you for letting me sew with you.
Attached Thumbnails retro-dress-pattern.jpg  
Old 11-20-2023, 11:00 AM

Ok Boomers, looks like I’ll be able to ship tomorrow as I got up at the wee hours worked on the packages. I’ve got my fingers crossed that the last one arrives today so I can close the Boom out this evening.

If anyone has moved and not given me their new address, let me know ASAP. TG, and Terriamn, I’ve got your November addresses. Cheesehead, I sent you an email to confirm you still want the package to go the the WI address. Please check your email.

Also, shipping remains at $8.80 per padded package so we’re golden there.

Fingers crossed! Will let you know how it goes.
Old 11-20-2023, 03:21 PM

All packages will go out tomorrow morning. WMUTeach’s blocks arrived and your packages were stuffed, sealed and labeled. Woo hoo! They should begin arriving Friday. Phew!

Ok Boomers, looks like I’ll be able to ship tomorrow as I got up at the wee hours worked on the packages. I’ve got my fingers crossed that the last one arrives today so I can close the Boom out this evening.

If anyone has moved and not given me their new address, let me know ASAP. TG, and Terriamn, I’ve got your November addresses. Cheesehead, I sent you an email to confirm you still want the package to go the the WI address. Please check your email.

Also, shipping remains at $8.80 per padded package so we’re golden there.

Fingers crossed! Will let you know how it goes.