Boom 30 - Autumn

Old 11-06-2023, 05:24 AM

Thanks for the update Janice.

Our wonderful friends from Minnesota are here for 2 weeks then will return to Mn till after the holidays. We had a wonderful weekend with them. Went to a shrimp fest, then off to the island and the ocean. For those you who live by the ocean you are so fortunate, nothing like the sounds of the crashing waves.

Have a great day
Old 11-06-2023, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
Janice, this is Rhododendron Trail. It's big! I had it on my King bed to photograph but couldn't get it all in so I added a section of the border, which is flying geese. My quilter did a great job on it. It's about 100 x 86. I need to get the binding on.
I love your sashing, on point HST! I have been focusing on sashing lately and this is a great idea for my baby quilts. Kudos to you for such a big quilt!!
Old 11-06-2023, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Good use of so many scraps SBG. Cheesehead, the pattern for the Pladish Quilt is free. I inserted the tutorial link but you can get the free pattern from there too. It is easy and a quick review of the tutorial is all you need. https://kitchentablequilting.com/pro...quilt-tutorial

I am planing on sandwiching mine this afternoon before it falls into the UFO category! Tee-Hee-Hee!
Cheesehead, thanks for asking and WMUTeach thanks for the Plaidish quilt link. I was visualizing how to assemble and cut it efficiently and then you had the link. I have it downloaded and will try to sew this one up soon with my sisters already cut 4.5 scrappy blocks - there are 100's!
Old 11-06-2023, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
And it's a wrap. Here are my last three... one for AnnaQuilts, TG, and A2P.
WOW. Your blocks look like they are paper-pieced - what wonderful designs so appropriate for each theme! Good job Hav4boys.
Old 11-06-2023, 12:59 PM

Yes Quack, Quack, Duckling here. I've no real excuse for not posting except I think I am in dire need of learning to say no to all the requests I get from friends. I just finished my first Friendship Shop Hop to 7 quilt stores in central Michigan. On the way I found some fabric to finish two blocks I was stumped on. Can you guess whose? More blocks to come.
Attached Thumbnails block-fabric.jpg  
Old 11-06-2023, 02:42 PM

Hi all, I finally got my box in the mail, it should arrive in 2-3 days depending on the mail. I’m currently working on a Christmas BOM from Fig Tree Quilts called Twas the Night before Christmas. It’s a sampler pattern. I saw it on Insta and fell in love but realized that it was sold out, but then found it on eBay. The gal had sewn 6 months but made mistakes on the 7th month, and it became a UFO. Last Monday I was up until 1 a.m., ripping and re-sewing the blocks from the 7th month. I’m hoping to have it done in the next 2 weeks. Then Star Wars will be finished and hopefully both to my LAQ before Thanksgiving. Hugs!
Old 11-06-2023, 03:32 PM

Rebaquilts, Congrats on your quilting find! Good luck with it.

Please send me your tracking info by email. Thanks!
Old 11-06-2023, 07:15 PM

Reba, I got notification of your pkg so I have the tracking number. It’s scheduled to arrive on the 13th. That’s a week! Whoa.

Those of you who haven’t shipped yet, please be aware of the longer shipping period as we approach the holidays. Remember the 28th is the due date, not the final shipping date. Thanks.
Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
…Please send me your tracking info by email. Thanks!
Old 11-07-2023, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Reba, I got notification of your pkg so I have the tracking number. It’s scheduled to arrive on the 13th. That’s a week! Whoa.
I realized that we have Veterans Day on Friday. So maybe that is the cause of the delay. Still, I was just as surprised as you to find out it went from 2-3 days in a priority box, to a week. Thanks for all you are doing host mistress! Hugs!
Old 11-07-2023, 11:14 AM

Rebaquilts - the green really looks bad in the picture but perfectly coordinates with the center greens and reds. Did All2Pieces, Terrianm and Libster see the blocks I finished awhile back (I may have forgot to post them but I noticed they were missing on the board). Hope you all like them.

And Janice, hope your cat is doing better. My Lucia, a tuxedo cat, had a breathing problem and yes it is so sad to try and figure out how serious it is and what to do. Praying for you.
Attached Thumbnails rebaquilts.jpg   all2pieces.jpg   terriamn.jpg   libster.jpg  

Last edited by Duckling; 11-07-2023 at 11:21 AM. Reason: not finished with my thought.