Boom 30 - Autumn

Old 10-21-2023, 04:01 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post

Spent most of today pp’ing some small units. I’m about third of the way done with gazillion small green and white units. I think if I do anymore tonight I’ll go nuts! This is the pattern I’m making:

https://quiltville.com/shop.html#!/M...egory=13038426

Right now I’m wondering why I started this one. Lol.
That is a *beautiful* quilt, Janice! I'd lose my mind with all the corner beam units... yikes. I'll be cheering you on from here!
Old 10-21-2023, 05:11 PM

Janice, I always look so longingly at the BH quilts then sanity sets in and walk away from the patterns. I know my own quilting styles and skills. Her wee bitty piecing is not for me, I can admire the finish, the skill, the colors but I do not long to make them. I do have to say, a friend who had to give up quilting gave me a pattern and a partially pieced BH quilt from one of her early books. I will take it on someday only because it was given to me with a promise to complete it. Until then, I will be watching your progress and finish on the beauty you have started. Amazing.

I am certainly impressed with the production of so many blocks in the past few days. Such effort and such unique results. Congratulations to all.
Old 10-21-2023, 06:22 PM

WMUTeach, I love the scrappiness of BH’s quilts. I’ve made larger ones, Bear Branch is my favorite, and then small 1/4 versions of others like last year’s Chilhowie. Morning Glories spoke to me so I started it plus I wanted to do the pp’ing for a change. I’m complaining at this point but I know I’ll finish this one as I love the colors and the setting. I’ve done a lot of cutting up front so I’m actually in good shape. Am looking forward to see what she comes up with for this year’s Mystery Quilt.

SBG, really, more than anything else, it’s the blasted trimming that’s so irksome. Can only do a handful at a time. I actually love making the units.

Last edited by Janice McC; 10-21-2023 at 06:29 PM.
Old 10-22-2023, 05:02 AM

I had a productive sewing day Yesterday and I only have one more block to complete. The First one is for Libster, Then Sewbizgirl, SusieQ, Terriamn and the last one is for Annaquilts. Hope you like
Attached Thumbnails libster-1.jpg   sewbizgirl.jpg   susieq.jpg   terriamn.jpg   annaquilts2.jpg  

Old 10-22-2023, 05:15 AM

I’ll say you were productive yesterday! Five terrific blocks to show for it. Love you color choices and all those dragons. 😀
Originally Posted by Lstew2212 View Post
I had a productive sewing day Yesterday and I only have one more block to complete. The First one is for Libster, Then Sewbizgirl, SusieQ, Terriamn and the last one is for Annaquilts. Hope you like
Old 10-22-2023, 06:08 AM
Power Poster

Love your blocks, Lstew! Thanks so much for mine. All are great!
Old 10-22-2023, 06:13 AM
Power Poster

Lstew, love my block, thank you! You made some beauties!
Janice, I love the mystery aspect of BH's quiltalongs but honestly, I don't like the results. I made 2, in fact I'm getting Rhododendron Trail back from my quilter in a couple of days and it turned out nice but the first one was a disaster. Even my husband didn't like it and he likes everything I make. It was sooooo busy! It made me dizzy looking at it LOL. I took it apart and now it's in a heap somewhere. All that work.......
Please note- I've seen some beauties made by others so I'm not knocking it. I just don't think they're for me.
Old 10-22-2023, 07:11 AM

My last one for Libster, I hope. I need to count my little baggies. I have a habit of putting the baggies as book marks in my block book on a pattern I think would look good with the fabric. So I need to count.
Attached Thumbnails libster2.jpg  
Old 10-22-2023, 07:34 AM

Lstew love your blocks, especially mine with the bright yellow

WMUT I totally agree with you on BH quilts. Love the results but definitely not something I enjoy making.

Hubby told me to pace myself and I laughed and said if you will I will! Will know in 2 hours if his replacing the pipes worked. He found the problem with the electricity, the contractor over twisted the wires instead of using one of those black connectors and made a real mess in the electrical box. He is almost done changing them out. We should be ready to rock and roll.
Old 10-22-2023, 10:43 AM

Oh, Susie, I’d be interested in seeing your RT when you get it back. As for the other mystery quilts, I downloaded a lot of them as the clues were posted but only made one. I like knowing the final product. Seldom is a quilt “too scrappy” for me but I prefer knowing what I’m making as I go. I’ve made several others that weren’t MQs and have loved them. Bear Branch is my favorite but I still haven’t taken it to the LA. I better get on that! It is below.
Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
Lstew, love my block, thank you! You made some beauties!
Janice, I love the mystery aspect of BH's quiltalongs but honestly, I don't like the results. I made 2, in fact I'm getting Rhododendron Trail back from my quilter in a couple of days and it turned out nice but the first one was a disaster. Even my husband didn't like it and he likes everything I make. It was sooooo busy! It made me dizzy looking at it LOL. I took it apart and now it's in a heap somewhere. All that work.......
Please note- I've seen some beauties made by others so I'm not knocking it. I just don't think they're for me.
Attached Thumbnails img_3286.jpeg