Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I am ssssooooo mad >

I am ssssooooo mad

I am ssssooooo mad

Old 01-10-2010, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Prism99
Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I think customers need to appreciate sales people too. AT every store I see people put items down anyplace and walk away. I know I'd get frustrated with having that extra work because of lazy duds.
I don't know. When I see things lying around from other customers, I just figure that it keeps someone in a job. If people started returning all items to their proper locations, there would be less work and perhaps the opportunity for the store to reduce hours for employees. Admittedly, this would be good for the store owner (Walmart, in this case) because it would reduce overhead costs.
Actually, if customers would put merchandise back where it belonged, then the STAFF could downstock the shelves, assist customers with questions, run the register to keep the lines down, and not have to argue with a customer when they find a $10 item left on a shelf that says $5....
Old 01-10-2010, 08:42 AM

just keeps someone in a job.
can tell you have never worked in retail or at least in a long time. our job entails many things, customer service, stocking shelves, putting stock back on shelves that others have dropped, ordering, dusting, trying to explain to customer that is not the price as someone has just dropped it there, etc.
walk a mile in my shoes, it is just like picking up after small children that don't know any better.
if you change your mind and don't want an item, just take it to the check out and tell them.
do you have any idea how much frozen and fresh are thrown out because someone just dropped it. and we want to know why the prices keep going up and the landfill keeps getting fuller.
sorry for the rant but this just struck a raw nerve.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:47 AM

My DD worked for a western wear store for many years. She learned to tidy up the shelves & fold shirts. When she goes to a retail store even now if she takes it off the shelf, she refolds stuff & always puts it back in the right place. It bugs the devil out of me for people to leave a whole ham in housewares or ice cream all the way across the store. Know what happens to this stuff, it is usually thrown in the trash. I do shop there because the other chain grocery stores are almost twice as much in price & I don't have a lot of time to run around all over town or money. I have many friends that work for Walmart & I do appreciate what they do for me.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Debra Mc
My DD worked for a western wear store for many years. She learned to tidy up the shelves & fold shirts. When she goes to a retail store even now if she takes it off the shelf, she refolds stuff & always puts it back in the right place. It bugs the devil out of me for people to leave a whole ham in housewares or ice cream all the way across the store. Know what happens to this stuff, it is usually thrown in the trash. I do shop there because the other chain grocery stores are almost twice as much in price & I don't have a lot of time to run around all over town or money. I have many friends that work for Walmart & I do appreciate what they do for me.
It would never occur to me to put something down on a shelf where it doesn't belong just because I changed my mind and didn't want it. I can't imagine doing that with something that is perishable!!! :shock: Yes, I can easily see where customers can be a pain in the butt. I worked as a waitress for many years and I can't begin to tell you the frustrations I've had putting up with people who shouldn't be allowed out in public, much less out with their bratty children. Yet, the customer NEVER knew how I felt, even when I had to work and miss my FIL's funeral. Trust me, we were close and I loved him dearly and was a complete wreck - but the customers never realized it! I think both snarky customers and snarky employees should shape up and learn to behave as a grown up and not like some whiney four year old who always has to have their own way and can't treat others with respect. Actually, my apologies for slamming 4 year olds since I know some of them (my own children) who behave much better than many adults. Sadly, I don't think the attitude in this country is going to improve any, though I don't let that stop me from being a decent human being to those I come in contact with. Like many others though, I do get tired of being treated poorly by those employees of places I shop at and I think if more people were fired for their cruddy attitudes it might do a lot to change the industry. I don't think it'll happen, but I can dream.

Alias - As for the lady who treated your daughter so poorly...she is obviously a thoughtless person and no amount of reasoning will work with those types of people. I'm sorry your daughter had to experience that, but at the same time she got the opportunity to learn from you how to handle such crummy people and that has to count for something. And my sympathy on what you both experienced and went through. 9-11 was horrible and very tragic and my heart goes out to you both!
Old 01-10-2010, 10:52 AM

Yet, the customer NEVER knew how I felt, even when I had to work and miss my FIL's funeral. Trust me, we were close and I loved him dearly and was a complete wreck - but the customers never realized it!
Dear friend... I can't imagine that you couldn't go to your FIL funeral. There have to have been some serious circumstances or horrid work conditions/fellow employees to not have worked something out.

There are limits to what I am willing to do to keep my job, and missing out on a family funeral? well, that would be the line...

Thank you for your kind words. My DD is definitely one of my favorite employees, ever. She WORKS her tush off. She may have a bit of a (NY) attitude, lol.... its hard outside NY to be understood...the difference between being harsh and simply telling it like it is, is sometimes a fine line...
Old 01-10-2010, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by aliaslaceygreen
Yet, the customer NEVER knew how I felt, even when I had to work and miss my FIL's funeral. Trust me, we were close and I loved him dearly and was a complete wreck - but the customers never realized it!
Dear friend... I can't imagine that you couldn't go to your FIL funeral. There have to have been some serious circumstances or horrid work conditions/fellow employees to not have worked something out.

There are limits to what I am willing to do to keep my job, and missing out on a family funeral? well, that would be the line...

Thank you for your kind words. My DD is definitely one of my favorite employees, ever. She WORKS her tush off. She may have a bit of a (NY) attitude, lol.... its hard outside NY to be understood...the difference between being harsh and simply telling it like it is, is sometimes a fine line...
I live in Idaho and my FIL lived in California, so it wasn't just a matter of taking a single day off and at the time we absolutely could not survive without my income. It is something I deeply regret and yet I couldn't do anything about it so I try not to let it bother me. Since then we've moved my MIL up here, along with my SIL and my youngest DH. Now my SIL has been layed off and we're desperately trying to find him a job up here so that my oldest DH and my grandson can move up here. (Prayers welcome!!) Once they are here I will be completely happy and I won't ever have to worry about missing out on family again.

I have never lived in NY but I certainly understand the attitude of telling it like it is. I've been accused to being "too blunt" quite a number of times. :P I appreciate truthfulness, as long as it is told to me without an attitude going along with it.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany

I live in Idaho and my FIL lived in California, so it wasn't just a matter of taking a single day off and at the time we absolutely could not survive without my income. It is something I deeply regret and yet I couldn't do anything about it so I try not to let it bother me. Since then we've moved my MIL up here, along with my SIL and my youngest DH. Now my SIL has been layed off and we're desperately trying to find him a job up here so that my oldest DH and my grandson can move up here. (Prayers welcome!!) Once they are here I will be completely happy and I won't ever have to worry about missing out on family again.

I have never lived in NY but I certainly understand the attitude of telling it like it is. I've been accused to being "too blunt" quite a number of times. :P I appreciate truthfulness, as long as it is told to me without an attitude going along with it.
OK, Tiffany, I feel a bit better for knowing all your circumstance... I am nosy, and always want what is RIGHT!!! (my store manager calls me argumentative but, really I am realistic...)
Old 01-10-2010, 11:32 AM

OK, Tiffany, I feel a bit better for knowing all your circumstance... I am nosy, and always want what is RIGHT!!! (my store manager calls me argumentative but, really I am realistic...)
I too call myself a realist. ;) That's not the word my hubby uses but I'm sure he's just misinformed. :lol:
Old 01-10-2010, 01:08 PM

One of my favorite friends is from Pennsylvania & some of these southern folks don't know how to take her. She tells it like it is. I just love that in her. I would rather have someone be blunt about something than to pussy foot around about it. My boys are always telling me "mama your are so blunt & to the point."
Old 01-10-2010, 01:40 PM

I worked in a job where the customer was almost never right. I did taxes. The IRS is right. The people that complain the most about somebody being rude to them were the people that were trying to cheat on their taxes in some way or told they couldn't deduct something. Mostly they complained about somebody being rude to them when they couldn't have their way.