Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt Labels >

Quilt Labels

Quilt Labels

Old 04-19-2010, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Baloonatic
I have some good tight muslin that I iron to freezer paper. I design what I want in Word Perfect, stick in some clip art, and print it in black through my inkjet printer. I find that color inks are not permanent. I then iron it, rinse it under water, iron it again, and repeat. Then I stitch 2 edges in with the binding, turn the other two edges under and hand stitch down.
What type of printer do you have. I found on my HP photo and my Epson. The black also faded quite a bit.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:56 AM

I am the odd-woman-out here in that I embroider a dragonfly on each of my quilts, usually on the back in the corner.
I wrote a little poem to send along with gifted baby quilts that includes washing instructions.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Dragonfly Nana
I am the odd-woman-out here in that I embroider a dragonfly on each of my quilts, usually on the back in the corner.
I wrote a little poem to send along with gifted baby quilts that includes washing instructions.
I add a tiny heart button somewhere on the quilt.......started when I found a tiny hole on the edge of the border when I got it back from the machine quilter.....and it was for a 50th anniversary gift. (no, I didn't say anything to the quilter, she would have been so upset).

The button covered it just fine and besides Velentine's day is my birthday and the button hearts are now my logo.....and go on all quilts, wall hangings or whatever.

So remember some good comes from mishaps.....no matter how bad you might think they are......

mj
Old 04-19-2010, 12:30 PM

Valentine...should know how to spell that day, wouldn't you think !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-19-2010, 12:54 PM

I always put a label on anything I make. I embroider mine with to whom the quilt is for (if it's a gift), my name, the name of the pattern and the date completed. I attach a border and hand sew it after the quilt is complete since I wouldn't know the completion date beforehand.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:09 PM

Everyone has such terrific ideas! Thank you all - maybe one day, I should sit at my machine and embroider labels to "stock up"!
Old 04-19-2010, 05:16 PM

I add a label to nearly every quilt I make. I customize my labels using my printer and printer fabric. I try to include form whom I made the quilt, who made it and when it was made.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:38 PM

i am lucky enough to have an embroidery machine so my labels are personnel and embroidered I do put one on each quilt usually with a small personal note date and signature its important for the future person who will covet our quilts as antiques.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:38 PM

i am lucky enough to have an embroidery machine so my labels are personnel and embroidered I do put one on each quilt usually with a small personal note date and signature its important for the future person who will covet our quilts as antiques.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:33 PM

i make mine with inkjet printer then when it is time to put the label on i use a permanant ink to sign it ,date it and put the persons name i made it for on it and when i quilt my quilt i stitch over it to make sure it is on there for good