Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 05-19-2011, 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by Kitzone
Texas Jan, I used Evaporust on a rusted faceplate and needle plate of an old 66's and it really did a nice job. I am not sure if you want to use it on the entire SM or not as it probably will take off the existing finish.

If you are interested, here is a video on you tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWQZCJDBe14

Hope this helps.

Judy
Thanks. I think I will get some.

Texas Jan
Old 05-19-2011, 04:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
Originally Posted by Charlee
Would this work on my 1924 ... 99 sewing machine?

Singer Foot Controller

Three hole on plug

Label on Back states:
volts 95-145
Part No. 194584

Good used condition
On Ebay .... 5 days left 2 bids price @ $10.50
That should work with your machine Rose... My 99 is nearly like it, but has a knee lever so the foot pedal part wouldn't work with mine...
If you buy it and it doesn't work, let me know!! ;)
Thanks Charlee, I posted a bid and will see how it goes from here.
Yep any foot pedal with that type of Singer plugin and has the power cord will work. That type of set up was used on several type of machines including the Featherweights.

Billy
Old 05-19-2011, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by dirty1mom
Hi everyone! Look what I brought home last Friday. $35.00, cabinet is almost perfect, machine is perfect, lots of attachments and the original book. Not bad for a Friday the 13th deal.
Very pretty green White! I haven't seen this green one before! Thanks for posting the picture!

Nancy
Old 05-19-2011, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by Mornigstar
Trying to send photo of table made with irons. If pics show
you will know it worked otherwise I will try later.
Very pretty table built out of treadle irons. I am glad you were able to save the table. We see those a lot, people take the treadle apart and make tables out of them. That looks like a great table to use with one of your portable electric machines.

Nancy
Old 05-19-2011, 05:13 AM

Ok , I have just gotten this 1924 Singer 99. She needs some work... belt, light cord replaced, electric cord with foot pedal! I wonder if there are electric cords/foot pedals with the three prong plug that is enterchangable with the 99?? Maybe someone could let me know via a pm. I also need manuals for her too. :) Thanks for any help.

I forgot to mention, I got her for $11.50. But she needs work!

Sharon

I am attaching some pictures of her :)
Sharon, I am so glad you are saving that 99. When I got my 99 with the 240 motor, we just went to our local repair man and bought the motor, cord, and pedal. If I remember right, it wasn't expensive either. Given that you only paid $11.50, a new cord and pedal would still keep that machine very resonably priced.

Nancy
Old 05-19-2011, 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by Glenn
Hi fellow collectors of vintage machines, remember several weeks ago I posted pics of a very dirty blackside that was given to me with the case painted in an antique red. Well I did some work on the case and cleaned it up to match the cleaned machine. Here is some before and after pics of the case. Glenn
Glenn you do such great work! I want to see pictures after you stencil the 'Singer' on too! Those blacksides are so neat looking, but it is so hard to find slide plates if one is missing - in the black that is! Does anyone have a blackside with all the black parts in tack?

Nancy
Old 05-19-2011, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by Glenn
Jan I will do that but after all the storm clean up my wife and I are going camping for a week, leaving on Friday and will post when I get back. Just need to get away and rest. Glenn
Ohhhhhh that sounds so nice! Are you really camping or do you take a trailer/motor home? The trailer/motor home sounds wonderful, but real camping is so much work! All the packing and unpacking, but I have taken my granddaughters on a real camping trip with horses (because I have to pull a horse trailer no room for a travel trailer) and we had so much fun putting up the tent, roughing it, and riding all day!

Nancy
Old 05-19-2011, 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by miriam
you have good taste - I LOVE my 403 and the monogrammer should work on it. I had trouble with it and found out it needs a different throat plate - you need the kind that is a T shape - it come with older buttonholers - I haven't had time to get back with it - the one that came with the 'professional buttonholer' doesn't work as well as the old T shape throat plate cover
I have the monogrammer for my 503A. I won the monogrammer on e-bay, but yes you have to get a different slide plate. I also got mine from e-bay. I have used my monogrammer a lot and love it, but it took some time to figure out - I had to reread the directions a few times to figure out what I was doing wrong before I could get a decent letter monogrammed!

Nancy
Old 05-19-2011, 05:31 AM

OK - so I found a sewing machine cabinet at the thrift store, and since cabinets are harder to have shipped than machines I bought it even though it didn't fit any of my machines. So now, I'm wondering what will fit in my new cabinet :) It has a Sears badge inside of it, and the opening is about 7.5"x16.5" and there are 2 pairs of hinge pins. Any ideas?
Old 05-19-2011, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by shnnn
OK - so I found a sewing machine cabinet at the thrift store, and since cabinets are harder to have shipped than machines I bought it even though it didn't fit any of my machines. So now, I'm wondering what will fit in my new cabinet :) It has a Sears badge inside of it, and the opening is about 7.5"x16.5" and there are 2 pairs of hinge pins. Any ideas?
I love your Avator! Did you do the piecing? I'd have to try to fit the machines to the case, but the dimensions of the case sound standard?

Nancy