boy was i ever ripped off!

Old 07-06-2010, 04:35 AM

There is nothing like FREE ADVERTISING.... Let them know that you will be happy to advertise for them for FREE...you know a lot of quilters and will let them know how accurate their help is and what good customer service they have. I have offered that to several stores in my area, and, miracle, they wanted to do the right thing. I am sorry you had this experience and hope it is resolved. HINT... I ALWAYS check my items and receipt BEFORE I leave the store. OH, and yes, I watch them do the cutting. I pretend I am just checking to make sure I got everything that was on my list to purchase. I may have forgotten something and need to add it to my purchase.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:14 AM

I would talk to the Better Business Bureau about them. It never hurts to lodge a complaint. You may find they have had others complain, too. Good place to stay away from!
Old 07-06-2010, 05:31 AM

Wow what a experience. I hope I never land there. Hope the owner gives you what is right. I've never had that happen to me. But I bet the sale lady was pockiting the goods or money. The owner may not know what was going on.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by deedles215
I would be mad too! Just be really nice- but firm. Good luck! Let us know what she says!
I think my first response would be "credit my CC and I will send the whole thing back or I will report you tothe BBB because this is the 3rd time its happen and all my quilting friends will know about it..." said with a smile. :thumbup:
Old 07-06-2010, 05:34 AM

This is your 3rd visit you say, each time they made mistakes and did not attempt to make it better. I would call and ask to speak to the owner/manager and if not the next higher up and explain your situation and how this has happened before..(having issues) and this time you will be forced to contact the BBB. When you do that, you get prompt response
Old 07-06-2010, 05:38 AM

Buy a prepaid legal membership and an attorney will send them a letter, you will see how fast they will become cooperative when they recieve a letter from an attorney!
Old 07-06-2010, 05:42 AM

That is just awful. I've had that happen at Joannes. So now I stand there and make sure they cut what I want and I check the fabric as they are laying it out. I also confirm the price at this time too. I also check my receipt before I leave the store. Joannes has been good about the mistakes they make and make them right. And now that I do all I've mentioned above there are no more mistakes. It works best this way. I check my receipt before I leave any store. They all make mistakes from time to time. You might want to file a complaint with the BBB. Those complaints do make a difference to a legit business.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:58 AM

I would look up on the internet a newspaper for that town and write a letter to the editor(all papers have either comments or editorials) and tell of my experience to that town.(comes under freedom of the press). If nothing else ,at least it should embarress them.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:25 AM

Maybe you should tell them you have a lot of "friends" all over the country that you can spread the word to about their customer (non)service. Sure hope the owner will make it right for you! Did you use a credit card to pay? If so, maybe you can dispute the charge.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:36 AM
Power Poster

Always check before you leave. I like the idea of sending back the one yard and having them send you the two you paid for.