Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
IRR III - 2010-2011    }6{ First Rounds >

IRR III - 2010-2011 }6{ First Rounds

IRR III - 2010-2011 }6{ First Rounds

Old 01-17-2011, 04:03 PM

Okay will keep an eye on the post for the next centre. Look forward to seeing what it looks like so I can start thinking about ideas for the next round.

I went to a sale yesterday at my LQS as it was their 1st year anniversary sale. Bought heaps of fabric for only$5/metre which was just wonderful. Was hoping they would have some "bug or sport related" material for a community I Spy I am involved with making for this years charity project. Never usually look at the children's section so was disappointed they didn't have what I envision. Oh well, shall keep looking.

Cheers
Maybe1day
Old 01-18-2011, 09:06 AM

Maybe1day...think dark expresso brown solid...that's the last color that you will have to tie to...then colors of the center...teal blue, green, yellow, pink, orange...does that help?
Old 01-20-2011, 07:10 AM

WOW!! Look how quite we have been!! Hope that means we are all waiting on a package!?!? :)
Old 01-20-2011, 07:51 AM

We are just a quite group...LOL. I have been fighting a cold, sick husband and trying to get everything done on time. If this is any indication of how the new year is going to be I'm ready for it to be over already. Surely, things will settle down...I haven't even had time to search my sewing/computer room to find the cord to hook my camera to the computer and then the task will be to down load pictures of the center I sent to Maybe1day. I know it helps to see it before you get it and she has to wait at least 10 days from mail date. I haven't even been a very good point person...I haven't asked that all important question...Did everyone make the mail date of the 15th? Please let us hear from you. Kay
Old 01-20-2011, 02:19 PM

jamh when it comes to being quiet the centre is not my reason for being so :lol:

Kay I am sure we all understand how busy you have been. I agree we are a very quiet group as I have tried to stimulate some conversation since the beginning without luck. Oh well such is life as they say.

I think there are a few of us with sick husbands at the moment, I know I worry about mine frequently. Apart from that I am busy with my own medical appointments (lots of running up and down to the city for those) a quilt challenge which needs completing by the 1st Feb, the IRR3, a charity quilt (not even made a start on that yet) other than drawing up a design, shop baking, community committees and general home duties. Where on earth am I finding the time?

My centre was posted out to Vicki last week, only a few days earlier unfortunately. Don’t worry yourself about the photo of the latest’s centre am sure you will get to it in time.

Maybe1day :D
Old 01-21-2011, 07:52 AM

I know everyone has a life and quilting is not the main thing in that life. I have always been blessed by not being a "sickly" person. My doctor always laughs because I go to see him once a year but only because my husband insists. I get an occassional cold, but that is about it...no daily meds for me and I am 64 years old. My husband on the other hand, bless his heart, has COPD, both hips replaced (looking to have to re-do one of them this year) knee surgeries on both knees, a plate in his thigh bone, numerous back, neck, wrist and shoulder surgeries. But we are both blessed compared to most our age and I thank God every day.

I too have tried to get our group to talk to no avail...I guess we just don't chat as much as some of the other groups, but that is OK too. We are a great group!!! Kay
Old 01-21-2011, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Kherrin

I too have tried to get our group to talk to no avail...I guess we just don't chat as much as some of the other groups, but that is OK too. We are a great group!!! Kay
You can say that again, feel very privileged to be in such a great group. Such wonderful work has been showing through in the few rounds we have undertaken so far. Am looking forward to seeing some more photos of others as they are ready.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:14 AM

We may be a quiet group but we sure are talented!! I received a package from Jackie yesterday and it is MAYBE1DAY'S center and it sure is pretty!! Great job!! So now I have a center from the down under!! lol How cool!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-165421.jpe  
Old 01-22-2011, 03:32 PM

Thanks for posting a picture jamh of my centre.
Although hard to tell on the PC it certainly looks colourful.
Mind you that is what I had wanted to achieve, something colourful and quite different to what I would normally be comfortable with and it certainly is that. Tis coming along great thank you so much, had been wondering about its progress. :D
Old 01-23-2011, 12:15 AM

Lurking again and enjoying this picture- I would never in a million years have put that border on, but it is just incredible how it makes the blue shine out of the other stages- I love watching these quilts grow and it is a real education for me!