Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fat quilts for "fluffy" people >

Fat quilts for "fluffy" people

Fat quilts for "fluffy" people

Old 11-08-2010, 07:42 AM

Hi all, I'm here. Day 4 of new meds. One more day to go and that'll be it for this month. Cross your fingers that they work for me! I haven't been feeling emotionally unbalanced like I did last time I took them so that's a good thing! Spent the weekend writing a paper for my government class (the topic was abortion so you can just imagine how depressed I felt). Thank goodness that's all over and done with.

DH has been dropping hints that he'd like me to try dieting again. I told him that I'd like him to stop smoking. I need to be thinner and he needs to be smoke-free if we want to be healthy for our future children. He said he'd think about it but I think he's going to say yes. No matter what he says, I'm going to weigh myself on Wednesday and if the number on the scale is scary then I'm just going to suck it up and carry on forward.

I'm very proud of you ladies for sticking with this and making those beautiful blocks. Welcome to all the newbies. Jump right in. :)

Hugs to you all!
Old 11-08-2010, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by msuewhite
What is Zumba?
Zumba is a relatively new exercise craze. It combines salsa, merengue, cumbia, reggeaton, mambo, cha-cha, hip hop and even belly dancing. You don't have to know the steps before taking a zumba class.

Zumba was created by complete fluke when fitness trainer Beto Perez accidentally forgot his aerobics music and had to improvise with the tapes he had in his car: traditional salsa and merengue.

You can lose up to 1000 calories per 1-hour class.

Here's a link to one of my classes (I'm not in camera range)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBM1X...eature=related

I can honestly say it has helped me. During the first month I noticed my midsection was a little smaller. It also helped in the flexibility area. I have arthritis and I'm not as stiff as I used to be. I recommend zumba.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:50 AM

Thank you for the warm welcome. I got on the scale this morning and the damage wasn't as bad as I had thought. Since July I gained 6 lbs. That's not too bad. It could have been much worse.

Today's a new day. So far I've passed up 1 Coke urge.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:14 AM

Well I weighed in and I only lost .2 pounds but I was really worried that I gained so I am happy!! Last week was rough so it's encouraging to have no gain. This week will be better. Walked to the office this morning already. Last week I was the only one in the office so I drove every day. I really have to concentrate the next few weeks so I am not stressed over Thanksgiving. thanks for everyone's support!
Old 11-08-2010, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by LaurieE
I've been watching this forum since it started but was hesitant about signing up because I don't post often. I'm just not a chatty person. But, I need to lose the remaining 25 lbs and I need some serious encouragement along the way.

I'm having a hard time with this diet thing and food restrictions. I used to be one of those everyone hated because I was always so skinny and I could eat anything I wanted. Well, between menopause and a job change where I didn't move around any more, the weight just piled on.

From January to July I had lost 30 lbs and dropped my cholesterol from 284 to 234 which made my doctor very happy. He didn't have to put me on cholesterol medicine yet.

My problem is I started feeling deprived. I was also sick with one thing or another these last few months and my Classic Coke consumption went back up because I couldn't deal with it and being sick at the same time. I have to get that back under control too. Actually, that's most of my problem.

Thankfully I do zumba 3 nights a week and I'm sure that has kept me from putting back on those 30 lbs.

Tomorrow I'm back on track.
Today is a new day.
I have found that you do not need to deprive yourself you just need to keep your portions small and keep track of what you have eaten for the day.
If you want your coke you then have to give up something else.
YOU CAN DO IT!
You are now in. You don't have to be chatty just log in your successes each week. :thumbup:
Old 11-08-2010, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by quilter on the eastern edge

Isn't it funny how we never crave brocolli?? ;)
Speak for yourself............I do crave broccoli......cream of broccoli soup or broccoli with cheese sauce or steamed with some lemon juice. I don't crave crap that is what is so strange. The most crap I crave is butter slathered on bread. I usually make bread and have it multi grain, no chemicals so it is healthy. I always feel hungry. Not that I want something to eat, I mean stomach grawling, headache starting , nausua starving. That is every hour to an hour and a half.
Then eat very small portions. If your body is telling you you need to eat you can. A few bites should give your body what it needs. It is hard to stop eating but if you concentrate you can do it.
Each body is different.
Again You can do it!!! YEA
Old 11-08-2010, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by marymc
Well I weighed in and I only lost .2 pounds but I was really worried that I gained so I am happy!! Last week was rough so it's encouraging to have no gain. This week will be better. Walked to the office this morning already. Last week I was the only one in the office so I drove every day. I really have to concentrate the next few weeks so I am not stressed over Thanksgiving. thanks for everyone's support!
.2 GREAT!!! Much better than a gain. :thumbup:
Old 11-08-2010, 09:51 AM

Thank you for the warm welcome. I got on the scale this morning and the damage wasn't as bad as I had thought. Since July I gained 6 lbs. That's not too bad. It could have been much worse.

:thumbup:
Old 11-08-2010, 01:36 PM

That's a good start, I actually went almost two days without a Pepsi and for me that is a long time. Each time I went to get a Pepsi I told myself that I would have a bottle of water first. I just didn't get around to the Pepsi.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:57 PM

That is a good idea!