Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Folding a fitted bed sheet and why? >

Folding a fitted bed sheet and why?

Folding a fitted bed sheet and why?

Old 10-13-2010, 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
Is a big waste of time. :lol: My neighbor folds her fitted sheets to perfect squares that lay neat and flat on the shelf. :roll: I watched her fold some this morning. I have tried to do it her way but get so bored I end up rolling it up and squishing a square out of it and calling it done. I don't keep but one extra change of sheets per bed size and usually take sheets out of dryer and right back on the bed anyway.

Too Funny.......I too can't be bothered with trying to fold the darn things.....I try and fold in half and then half again and then let the wadd end up as it does. Not wasting my time with them. Although BellaBoo it is better for you too change sheets between each wash so you don't wear them out so fast. (Read this somewhere) Course I use very high count cotton sheets and they are expensive so I try and rotate them to keep them longer.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:24 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by lisainmo
I fold my sheets into a nice neat square..and then put them all inside the pillowcase to match..so when I change seasons etc. I can pull the pillowcase and have everything I need. I know some people think this is insane, just the way I do things.
Ditto here.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:31 AM

I fold mine, but I fold in half then bring the corners into the middle them fold into a square and put the pillow cases on top and then fold the straight sheet and the final fold encloses it all. I don't fuss to much about the fitted sheet if it is fairly flat I am happy.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:44 AM

Only takes a minute or two longer and I am a nut about folding them.

My neighbor would have me in for coffee when her dryer was about to finish...and guess who folded her sheets !!!!!

http://www.marthastewart.com/article...a-fitted-sheet
Old 10-14-2010, 03:48 AM

I worked in a laundromat for a while, so we had to fold everything. It is so automatic now that it is faster to fold than to mash, and it takes up less space on the shelf (which means more space for fabric, right?).
Old 10-14-2010, 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by Nanax4
Oh, good god. Do NOT let my dh see this! He already folds his underwear AND my underwear. Drives me insane.

Why does he care what the underwear in MY drawer looks like? It's not like HE has to wear it....
LOL hope not!
Old 10-14-2010, 03:59 AM

When you joined the Quiltingboard did you think you would be spending this much time talking about how we fold our sheets? I have enjoyed this post very much. Such joining of the minds and thoughts.
Another thought: Doesn't it just frost you when you have put on nice clean sheets and the person sleeping in them prefers their shower in the morning rather than at night? There are some things we just can't control. :-)
Old 10-14-2010, 04:20 AM

someone taught me how to fold those fitted sheets, it is really easy, now do you know what I do with them? they are lucky to get folded at all!
Old 10-14-2010, 05:01 AM

Time better spent quilting or buying fabric! I tried to do this one time when I was going through my "perfect homemaker" phase. Lasted about two seconds.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:04 AM

Me all go into the pillowcase.