Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How many of you actually have sewing studio/room >

How many of you actually have sewing studio/room

How many of you actually have sewing studio/room

Old 02-10-2011, 09:18 PM
Dee

I have the whole 3rd floor (bedroom attic) with 3 windows and I finally have my own sewing studio.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:23 PM

My avatar is my sewing room! A 100+ old blacksmith shop that was used as a "home" after the 1989 earthquake destroyed the house on the property. If you ignore the termite droppings from the ceiling and the pill bugs that come in under the doors, it is perfect! As long as I spray every 4 months with Home Defense i can keep the bugs at bay and there is enough room for 2 sewing stations and a Tin Lizzie long arm. The bathroom is used for storage because we aren't sure it is connected to the septic system. May just go to an old barrel in the ground! And even here in sunny California, we had a pipe freeze and break in the bathroom, so water is disconnected. Hubby put in linoleum in long arm room and Pergo in sewing room, lots of lights. I can heat it by woodstove, or in mild weather, just warm it up with a small electric space heater. Love it!
Old 02-10-2011, 09:45 PM

I love looking at all the pictures of the various sewing rooms, am certainly gaining lots of ideas in my notebook for what may be useful to do or have in my own sewing room once it is finished, although I told DH the other day that I quite like the set up in the half built lounge room that I am sewing in currently so maybe we should move forgo the formal lounge and ... won't tell you what his response was :lol:

Maybe1day
Old 02-10-2011, 09:47 PM

I have a three bedroom house and the kids are gone so I use one of the bedrooms for my sewing room. I have a cutting table in the basement and plenty of storage. I love my sewing room and it doesn't have to be picked up like I used to when I sewed in the dining room. It isn't big but it is mine.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:49 PM

I do also. Back half of the basement. It used to be a "play" room when the boys were in school...ping pong table then huge exercise machine. Now I've got to clean up all of my sewing stuff so it looks organized. In the past two days DH has made a comment about it twice and I'm wondering why, since he hasn't been there in weeks. Hummmm.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:54 PM

I have a sewing room. We have four bedrooms and I use the largest of the three besides the master bedroom. I made a comment recently that the master bedroom would be nice for my sewing room and my DH was ready to move everything around for me. I told him it was just a comment and that my room is plenty big enough. I have everything I need in it and will be getting another big table to put in it soon. I do use our kingsize bed in the master for my design and layout. I like doing that because I can see how my quilts will look on a bed and because the two rooms are on opposite sides of our house. I get exercise walking back and forth and I'm not stuck in one room the whole time I'm sewing. It is great to be able to leave things out when I want a break or am done for the day.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:04 PM

When we bought our empty-nester home 5+ years ago, I quickly claimed the finished basement. One room is the laundry room, one is for my work surfaces, sewing machine, fabric stash, and wrapping cupboard, and the third is a little kitchenette area with a sink and micro. My 2-year-old grandson Hayden loves to go downstairs with Nama. I can start something and not get back to it for weeks, or I can spend an entire weekend downstairs, with no recriminations or guilt either way. It's a wonderful thing!
Old 02-10-2011, 10:32 PM

It is a little relieving to hear that I am not the only one who still sews at the table. I have a corner of the garage for supplies in tubs.

One more semester of college and then we will be looking for a bigger house and hopefully more space for everyone.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:50 AM

Yep, I have most of the rooms in the basement.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:57 AM

wow, annaquilts, that is an awesome room. It looks so airy and roomy!!