Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert! >
  • Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

• Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Old 09-29-2011, 01:18 PM

Sign up if your are NOT losing, we need the company and you need the support!
    Old 09-29-2011, 01:20 PM

I have a new toy!

Today DH and I went to the thrift store. I went to the back and asked, "do you have any old sewing machines?" She said, yes, we just got one.

I just bought a Model 99 Singer mfg in 1955 with cabinet, pedal and moving parts for ta-dah $20.

I will post pix once she is cleaned up. She needs a belt and I have ordered the instruction manual.

I am so excited!!!!!
    Old 09-29-2011, 01:23 PM

we share lots of info, some of it true! we like to cajole, plead, encourage, warn and educate. we offer hugs and sympathy and fun to raise you up and strengthen your determination. this isn't just a weight loss thread. it's a friendly group of quilters changing their lives one pound at a time! this is a lifestyle change that takes time and work. but we make it as fun as we can, and as caring as a new mother. if you are dissatisfied or tired of the extra baggage, we're happy to help you get rid of it and keep it gone! what have you got to lose??
    Old 09-29-2011, 01:57 PM

Where is that "like" button when you need it!
    Originally Posted by nancia
    we share lots of info, some of it true! we like to cajole, plead, encourage, warn and educate. we offer hugs and sympathy and fun to raise you up and strengthen your determination. this isn't just a weight loss thread. it's a friendly group of quilters changing their lives one pound at a time! this is a lifestyle change that takes time and work. but we make it as fun as we can, and as caring as a new mother. if you are dissatisfied or tired of the extra baggage, we're happy to help you get rid of it and keep it gone! what have you got to lose??
    Old 09-29-2011, 03:18 PM
    mim

I'm not sure where the Long Beach peninsula is -- I will have to look it up. We are in Olympia -- and last spring I met up with several other quilters on the board closer to Seattle.

I thnk this is the greatest place to meet new friends, don't you??

I sent a PM

Mim
    Originally Posted by Leann
    Originally Posted by mim
    Next month is closing up and moving to the west coast so it will be a lot of irregular days.

Mim
    Mim, do you mind me asking where in Washington you will be? We hope to be on the Long Beach Peninsula this time next year. I LUV the rainy season up there. If we get a motor home, we hope to land back in Ocean Park. From there, we can walk to the beach several times daily. mmm, heaven.
    Old 09-29-2011, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by mim
    I'm not sure where the Long Beach peninsula is -- I will have to look it up. We are in Olympia -- and last spring I met up with several other quilters on the board closer to Seattle.

I thnk this is the greatest place to meet new friends, don't you??

I sent a PM

Mim
    Originally Posted by Leann
    Originally Posted by mim
    Next month is closing up and moving to the west coast so it will be a lot of irregular days.

Mim
    Mim, do you mind me asking where in Washington you will be? We hope to be on the Long Beach Peninsula this time next year. I LUV the rainy season up there. If we get a motor home, we hope to land back in Ocean Park. From there, we can walk to the beach several times daily. mmm, heaven.
    Mim, extreme SW corner of WA, almost on the Columbia River, across from Astoria, Oregon.

Yes, and darn it, I get attached. Hurts when you have to move on. Cyber world drawback.
    Old 09-29-2011, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
    :thumbup:
    Old 09-29-2011, 03:56 PM

Finally got word, I have a lung cancer that is considered very curable. I will be having surgery @ 7 am, then will go to ICU. Not sure how long I will be offline and will update when I can.

I am grateful for all your prayers and positive thoughts.

Cindy
    Old 09-29-2011, 04:02 PM

Cindy,
    We are praying earnestly for your healing. As a two time survivor of cancer, I know that God can bring you through this. We are right here beside you lifting you to God's ear.
    Old 09-29-2011, 05:03 PM

Praying for you Cindy, that the surgery goes well and you have a quick recovery.

Congrats Irish Rose on meeting the five pound challenge, knew you could do it.

Congrats Purplemem on the new sewing machine, mine is from the 60s and it's a workhorse. LOL