Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Did you sew/quilt Christmas gifts this year? >
  • Did you sew/quilt Christmas gifts this year?

• Did you sew/quilt Christmas gifts this year?

Old 12-31-2011, 12:26 PM

I made one Bow Tucks purse, 1 towel with a snowman panel, 6 pincushions. Now I'm making 8 more pincushions.
    Old 12-31-2011, 12:30 PM

I made 4 lap quilts for our grandchildren 17 yrs to 11 yrs old. Made them size to suit and themes based on their interests. Designed them and had a wonderful time sewing... sent them off to Texas and they were all hits...score 4 for granny ;-) Also made a Lovie Quilt for my friends new great grandson.

Judy in Phx

Last edited by judy363905; 12-31-2011 at 12:32 PM. Reason: additional response
    Old 12-31-2011, 12:36 PM

I made 2 lap quilts... One for my MIL (85) and another one for a dear friend (88) I've knows since I was 14. She's almost a 2nd Mother to me. Both loved their quilts.
    Old 12-31-2011, 12:41 PM

I sewed a lot of gifts this year. I made 15 pillowcases for GK including some in lacrosse fabric which is hard to find.I also dis a dozen table runners, 3 folded star framed pictures, 50 ornaments and two fabric tool/project carriers. it was fun and finished by the second week in Dec.......Now I need ideas for next year!
    Old 12-31-2011, 12:47 PM

I made my daughter a quilt as you go, queen size. She loved it. Everyone else got pillow cases. My two year old nephew thought his was a sleeping bag and had to nap in it.
    Old 12-31-2011, 01:03 PM
    Power Poster

3 fabric bowls, 8 pillow cases, 6 tote bags, 5 table runners, 7 quilts, set of placemats, 2 sets of coasters, 5 penny rugs... i think that's all i got done for this christmas- still working on a couple others-- which i should be doing---instead of sitting here with all of you
    Old 12-31-2011, 01:12 PM
    Power Poster

I sure did. I made DS and DDIL a patchwork tree skirt with asst. squares on one side and an old world type Santa fabric on the reverse side, plus 3 stockings one for my son, my DIL and last but not least my darling grandaughter Zoe who is 19 months - boy was Christmas fun with here. I also made them an extra long tablerunner with Insul-Brite plus another layer of Warm & Natural to use on their buffet type so the coffee pot won't scorch their buffet top. In addition, I made 4matching placemats. I made a set of 4 placemats for DDIL's parents and I received a wonderful basket from them with home made strawberry rhubarb jam, blueberry jam, zucchini relish and pickled zucchini and summer squash. She made me scrubbies crochet with netting, they do a great job on dishes, plus 2 crocheted dish cloths and a dish cloth. Very thoughtful and very delicious. I also made 6 batches of fudge in various flavors, although I realize that doesn't come under the heading of anything sew/quilt gifts. I made two baby quilts for my daughter to give to friends who recently had babies, and when I can nail her down on what she wants in her kitchen, I will make her a couple sets of placemats, she already has 7 or 8 that I have made her. Now I'm going to make some placemats for me for Christmas, after all that hard work I thought I should get some kind of reward. Then I'm going to work on finishing all the other projects I had planed for this Christmas and maybe get a head start on next Christmas. Happy Holidays and Happy quilting to all.
    Old 12-31-2011, 01:13 PM

YES! I made 2 king size quilts, 4 shams and 1 large bedrunner which was to be used as a table runner for a very large table. I sewed the last stitches on Friday before Christmas! Not all I did all year, since I made 2 other king quilts with shams and one appliqe baby quilt!

Last edited by patdesign; 12-31-2011 at 01:17 PM.
    Old 12-31-2011, 01:57 PM

I did 5 Bow Tuck bags and a set of pillow cases. And everyone loved the bags.
    Old 12-31-2011, 02:36 PM

Made some pillowcases ,knitted many scares, and finished a funky monkey quilt for my oldest daughter (inside joke). Working on a UT quilt for SILs birthday in a month. So many other plans already on my book for the new year. Guess I better get off the computer.