Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Does anyone read (or listen to) Quilt Fiction books? >
  • Does anyone read (or listen to) Quilt Fiction books?

• Does anyone read (or listen to) Quilt Fiction books?

Old 07-01-2018, 04:24 PM

I have read some of the Elm Creek books, The Lost Quilt, the Hawaian quilt. Those two had a lot of history that I enjoyed. I am now reading Earlene Fowler books..She is a fellow Californian and most of her story mention cities or areas that I am familiar with. Other books series that I started was a knitting books by Maggie Sefton..they were fun. I am an avid fan of Nicolas Sparks and have read/share all his books with family and also most of Jenette Oke books. I don't read as much as I use to..am trying to work on my stash.
    Old 07-01-2018, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by Nesie
    I enjoyed The Cobble Creek series and other books by Marie Bostwick. (A Single Thread, and other similar titles.) In one of these books the protagonist opens a quilt shop if memory serves me.
    Love Cobble Creek series and Elm Creek series...the best...
    Old 07-02-2018, 03:31 AM

While I have not personally read her books I'm going to give a "shout out" to Ann Hazelwood of St. Charles, MO. Past owner of "Patches" Quilt shop for many years and President of National Quilt Museums Board of Directors, I'm told her books are filled with history, mystery and quilts. I lived in St. Charles for many years and shopped in her establishment almost on a weekly basis for years. The shop has now closed, but she is still writing from what I've heard.
    Old 07-02-2018, 03:38 AM

I too love the Elm Creek Quilters and listen to them, borrowed from my local library. Although there is some building of relationships and events, you do not need to listen to them in order. The author does start off in a clear building of story but then in another book will return to previous eras/generations. I have favorites that I love to hear over and over again. The characters are like old friends who stop by now and again and it is fun to listen to their tales again, even if you heard those stories before.

I now follow this author into some of her historical novels. Still often contain sewing and mentions of quilting but not to the level of Elm Creek.

I will be looking for the recommendations of other on our board. Always up for a good read/listen.
    Old 07-02-2018, 04:41 AM

Elm Creek series and the Cobble Creek series
    Old 07-02-2018, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by lindaschipper
    While I have not personally read her books I'm going to give a "shout out" to Ann Hazelwood of St. Charles, MO. Past owner of "Patches" Quilt shop for many years and President of National Quilt Museums Board of Directors, I'm told her books are filled with history, mystery and quilts. I lived in St. Charles for many years and shopped in her establishment almost on a weekly basis for years. The shop has now closed, but she is still writing from what I've heard.
    I have recently discovered Ann Hazelwood's books and am on the second in the Colebridge series. Light, fun reads.
    Old 07-02-2018, 06:28 AM

I love the Ann Hazelwood books. I am reading the 6th book and have the 7th ready to go when I finish the 6th. I take them with camping and can't lay them down.
    Old 07-02-2018, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by lindaschipper
    She has at least three different series and they are all wonderful.
    Old 07-02-2018, 06:36 AM

My favorite author is Sandra Dallas, notably The Persian Pickle Club and Prayers for Sale. She weaves quilting into western (mostly Colorado) history. Also, some of Tracy Chevalier's books have quilting in them - The Last Runaway was really good.
    Old 07-02-2018, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by homefrontgirl

Here are some quilting fiction books I've read recently:

Fool’s Puzzle by Earlene Fowler
    The Half-Stitched Amish Quilting Club by Wanda E. Brunstetter
    Wild Goose Chase by Terri Thayler
    A Stitch in Time by Ann Rinaldi
    The Lover’s Knot by Claire O’Donohue
    Forget Me Knot by Mary Marks
    Murder, Plain and Simple by Isabella Alan
    [COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial]

Most of these are the first of a series. I really loved the Murder, Plain and Simple series and I listened to that one on audible.
    oddly enough most of these on kindle are on sale today! July 2 2018 Win win!