Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Granny Mary's Quilt >

Granny Mary's Quilt

Granny Mary's Quilt

Old 02-08-2012, 02:54 AM

Default Granny Mary's Quilt

Hi Guys,

I just came here for a bit of a lift, pick me up, sympathy... whatever you want to call it... oh, and a quick bit of advice too!

Granny Mary's Quilt that I finished a few months ago.... and gave to her has gone missing!

I took all the advice I was given and made sure that the label was well and truly sewn on the back... I even machine embroidered her name onto one of the blocks... but it has gone!

I have spoken to the nursing home who have said that they are sorry but there is nothing they can do. When I said that "nothing they can do" is not acceptable they asked me what I thought they should do. I informed them that there are quilters who could make a quilt but would charge them.... but of course this would not be an item made of love and it would not have any sentimental value.

She then suggested that I make Granny Mary another quilt and bill the home for the fabrics, wadding etc. As there are doesn't seem to be any other option, that is what I will do... but there is a real twist here......

Granny Mary has been going down hill healthwise recently.... quite quickly, she barely eats and is now bed ridden... so any quilt I make will have to be done quickly.

What do I do!

Hugs and thanks for listening!
Old 02-08-2012, 03:06 AM

Hi Guys,

When I say.. what do I do? I am looking for a quick quilt pattern!

Hugs

Caroline
Old 02-08-2012, 03:39 AM

Caroline, I'm so sorry your Granny Mary's quilt has disappeared! Here is the quickest pattern I have seen, and done in the right fabrics would be very nice: http://www.maryquilts.com/quick-strippie/ I think you could sew this up in a day or just a couple of evenings.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:54 AM

This happened to us with a quilt for my dad - His nursing home was quite helpful in that we looked in the laundry and then peered into the other patients rooms - we finally tracked it down - someone else had taken the label off and then used permanent marker to write their name on it lol Luckily he had been there long enough that the aids knew it was his quilt and was able to get it back - good luck and prayers for Granny coming your way

I realize that the quilt is special especially now that she is getting sicker - If you dont have time for another one make her a couple of nice pillow cases - just a suggestion
Old 02-08-2012, 03:57 AM

Sorry to hear the quilt has gone missing. A split rail fence quilt is quick and pretty.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:23 AM
Power Poster

for those that want to see the original quilt, here's a link http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...t-t163723.html
i'm sorry to hear that it has gone missing
the patterns suggested by the other posters should work up well
Old 02-08-2012, 07:12 AM
Power Poster

I am so sorry to hear the her quilt went missing. Good luck and prayers.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:14 AM

So sorry to hear about the missing quilt. IMHO a 9 patch is very quick & easy pattern
Old 02-08-2012, 07:30 AM

When my Mom had things like that come up missing the nursing home would pay for it. It won't bring it back but would help by supplies to make another one . Hope they will do that for you.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:44 AM

I am so sorry to hear this. I have been told not to take quilts to nursing homes because someone always takes them. Would hate for you to go to all that work and it be taken again. You really makes you wonder what has happened to the human race. How sad.