Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Has anyone tried Quilt Theory Quilting? >
  • Has anyone tried Quilt Theory Quilting?

• Has anyone tried Quilt Theory Quilting?

Old 05-09-2011, 02:49 AM

I thought I'd try this method, simply because it is so HOT here for quilting. I thought quilting smaller pieces might be easier. I'll be following this thread with interest to see what others think.
    Old 05-09-2011, 03:11 AM

I am in the process of making a quilt out of scraps, sewing them into 9" squares then trimming to 8-1/2, sewing those together. I have a 16 " which I then sandwich and quilt. I have two squares left to quilt then I will sew the squares together on the machine. I thought I would like this small area to quilt better since I hand quilt but now that it is time to sew these squares together I don't know if I am going to like it. There is more cutting involved. I like the smallness of the squares to quilt. I will try to post pictures when I get through. I've run out of quilting thread and I haven't been able to get out and get the same kind. I think I am going to like just making quilts somewhere between 48" square and 60" square. Those aren't too big to hand quilt.
    Old 05-09-2011, 06:58 AM

Yes
    I have made a small lap throw. but then mailed the book to someone on this board. I didn't like it that well. Takes lots of practice to get it down correctly.
    Old 07-04-2011, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by Newby0709
    I made Attic Windows. It takes a lot of cutting and labeling the stacks. Here are my results, front and back.
    Lovely! It is very nice. I know tons of work. I am doing that work right now. I keep telling myself the finished quilt will be nice. Good to see this.
    Old 05-13-2013, 11:38 PM

My friend I think calls this compartment quilting. I join in blocks which I do my way. Sometimes I have a sashing strip other times just join the blocks and hand stitch batting and backing together.
    The white and blue is sashing joining with spray 505 glue only. These are just 4 blocks of 32.

The double wedding ring joined 9 rings then sandwiched as you see here then just joined the seams as I would a top of a quilt . Flattened seam cut and joined batting and finally lay backing flat and turned the seam and hand stitched down before quilting over the area.
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  

Last edited by DOTTYMO; 05-13-2013 at 11:43 PM.
    Old 05-14-2013, 02:29 AM

here`s a qb link about quilt as u gohttp://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...ml#post6037992Gale
    Old 08-01-2013, 06:33 PM

Yes I have. You can adjust any quilt however you will have to use the appropriate math to calculate in one-way streets highways, connectors etc.
    Old 08-01-2013, 06:37 PM

I just finished sewing a full seven days with this method and personally I think it is a very precise elegant looking quilt when it is finished. Start with a few scraps of muslin and practice before you start your quilt so have the gist of the seams and folds. I love how soft the quilts get after more and more use and the quilting is amazingly rich looking when you are done. I don't think I would try doing another conventional quilt after using this method. the more I did the quicker things went - when you're new it at be patient with the process and with yourself. Write me if you like if you have more questions.
    Old 08-01-2013, 06:39 PM

if you used the Hobbs 80/20 you'll find it gets softer with use.
    Old 08-01-2013, 06:41 PM

Meet too ! Georgeous and precise. I love finished product and the options to use different decorative stitches.