Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • HELP!!!!! machine issues >
  • HELP!!!!! machine issues

• HELP!!!!! machine issues

Old 01-14-2011, 07:45 AM

Look for lint anywhereyou can see into the machine. Did you happen to buy it at Ruthie's Notions in Florida. I bought one there and it is aweful to try to go back with the small things....Good Luck!
    Old 01-14-2011, 08:43 AM

I had the same problem with my Janome. I took it to a Janome store and they worked on it. Seems they never adjusted the machine at the factory. Both the top tension and the bobbin winding tension were acting up.
    Old 01-14-2011, 09:42 AM

When you unthread your machine make sure you are cutting
    the top thread, and pulling it down thru the needle. That is
    very important. I would call the dealer, except they would
    ask you to bring it in. They may have other ideas. Good
    Luck, Try also making sure your bobbin thread is being fed
    from the bottom of the case not the top. Good Luck
    Old 01-14-2011, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by tealfalcon
    yes its def a tension issue and i have played with it some after posting this...but still its the same....ugh ugh ugh.....it was bought down in florida so i cant just run and take it in. but yes it is under warranty
    you can take it to any Baby Lock dealer It should not matter where you got it from, and it sounds like they can fix your problem. I had a problem with mine and I think it was the thread I put in a new spool and it stopped the problem I was having.
    Old 01-14-2011, 01:15 PM

If you moved from another state, or at least say that you did, and the shop wants your business they will help you...without charge...if not maybe there is another shop close that will help....Most shops have a problem with people that buy elsewhere because they get a cheaper price...that's because they won't have to worry about the waranty...they just don't tell you that is why you got a better price...I know that Bernina shops in my area, at least the one I go to, state in their website that they don't sell outside their area...for that reason...But again if the shop knows that you are going to be coming there for your machine needs they probably will help you...
    Old 01-14-2011, 01:30 PM
    Power Poster

Every time my machine top thread seems to be laying flat, it is a bobbin problem. Usually the thread has slipped out of one of the bobbin thread channels or has come out of the bobbin threading sequence.
    Old 01-14-2011, 02:10 PM

Make sure your needle is in right, the flat edge goes in the back. I have found this to remedy many a complaint that I have been asked about, the needle is not in properly. Look at our needle and be sure to put it in right.

Carol F.
    Old 01-14-2011, 02:21 PM

Is it under warranty still
    Old 01-14-2011, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by tealfalcon
    yes its def a tension issue and i have played with it some after posting this...but still its the same....ugh ugh ugh.....it was bought down in florida so i cant just run and take it in. but yes it is under warranty
    I have the BabyLock Ellure and I have tension problems too. I have learned to set my stitch length at 2.5 and
    the thread tension 2 notches to right of auto. Hope this makes sense to you. Dont know what model machine you have.
    Old 01-14-2011, 03:00 PM
    Power Poster

I have a Babylock and just took some classes with my machine. One of the exercises we did in class was to change the tension by one number and sew a bit (make sure to mark on the quilt sandwich tester block which tension setting you are using). Then when you have used them all, review which setting is the best for your machine. When you change batting or technique, do the same exercise. It will help you set up the machine correctly from the beginning rather than turn the project over and HOPE it's done well.

The teacher also suggested that we should invest in an additional bobbin case IF we plan to muck around with it. Once you adjust it, getting it back to "right" can be difficult.