Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • I Need to Vent!!!!!! >
  • I Need to Vent!!!!!!

• I Need to Vent!!!!!!

Old 06-21-2011, 11:50 PM

I don't have any embroidery software so don't have your problems. You people are just wonderful giving her such good advice. It sounds like there may be several solutions. I am just so impressed with all of your knowledge and you willingness to share it. What a great bunch. I hope the advice given helps all of you in some way.
    Old 06-22-2011, 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by Carron
    Same thing happened to me, that is to say my computer crashed and the new one does not support the embroidery program I have.
    So I was thinking that maybe I could get my hands on a cheap (but working) old computer to run just the soft ware of my emobroidery program. What do you think?
    Yes, there are a lot of them around, Pay attention to the
    way it is programmed or get a cleaned out drive, ask a computer wise person to advise you.
    Old 06-22-2011, 03:09 AM

Technology is wonderful until it hits us in the pocketbook again and again. I have had an embroidery machine since the early 90s. I had years worth of downloads from Martha Pullen's embroidery club on floppys. I was lucky enough that my local Bernina dealer copied my downloaded designs to CDs for me for a minimal fee. Now I have to download them on to UPS sticks to use them in my newer embroidery machine since I can't use the Magic box on this newer computer to load them on the embroidery cards that fit both of my machines.
    I have the same problem with my VCR and tapes I made of all of the Simply Quilts episodes over the years. I bought a machine that allowed me to copy them to DVDs but I still haven't figured out how to "tape" TV shows with only DVDs. Luckily Walmart started selling the blank video tapes again as I was wearing out all of my old ones.
    Old 06-22-2011, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by patski
    the sewing machines companies keep us hostage to keep buying the software. I really hate that too. I have husqvarna and all there stuff is super expensive
    So sorry this has happened to you...but I have to confess this is why I only sew on old machines and do all my embroidery by hand...yes, I know...not the same...but at least as long as my hands can hold a needle, I won't suffer for creative outlet. Hang in there, I am sure you'll find a way to make it all work out ;)
    Old 06-22-2011, 07:58 AM

It seems like the issue is your old operating system. When ours crashed, we got an inexpensive computer (older) off cragislist and ran the older operating system. That should still support your program. I would consult with a "techie" - find out what you need - buy used (some are really cheap now) and go from there. Good luck.
    Old 06-22-2011, 11:24 AM

Sometimes if you search online you can find a patch to upgrade software. I found one to upgrade an old Customizer 2000 program to make it run on my Vista laptop! The program is at least 10 yrs. old and originally ran on Windows 98 or 2000.

Of course the program comes with a whopping 4 MG card, so I can't do much with it, but I want to try just to see how my hoops and stuff work. My Janome is 10 yrs. old too, and the big card fits in there (how fast things have changed)

Try entering the name of your software your operating versions and the word "Patch" in the search window. If you have a Janome there are whole forums dedicated to problems and answers.

Good luck!
    Old 06-22-2011, 08:45 PM

I had to get a new computor and i have windows 7 and they put xp on it for me so I could run my v5 bernina embroider software I just switch over to xp whenI want to use the embroider
    Old 06-22-2011, 08:46 PM

I had to get a new computor and i have windows 7 and they put xp on it for me so I could run my v5 bernina embroider software I just switch over to xp whenI want to use the embroider
    Old 06-22-2011, 09:40 PM

I had the same problem when I got my new laptop - the embroidery design software and vista does not get along. Good thing I still had my old lap top (and it was still running) - which is now a dedicated embroidery design laptop. The upgrade for the embroidery software would have cost more than a couple new lap tops!
    Old 06-23-2011, 03:23 AM

Same thing happened to me