Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Thoughts from Patrice >
  • Thoughts from Patrice

• Thoughts from Patrice

Old 11-05-2011, 08:50 AM

I've gotta say that the more I use this, the more I like it. To all the naysayers, you've got to look at it this way: This is a FREE board. We don't pay to use it. Hence, we don't get to say how it looks or how it's run. If you don't like it, buy the board and you can run it your way. Or move on if you don't want to learn it. I've actually seen MORE things that I didn't realize were here since it changed, and I'm loving it!

Every one of us was new to the board at one time and had to learn it. Now it's just a few changes, we can all learn it again. It's free, there's a lot of great information and you've all made friends. What more could you ask for?? My hat goes off to the developers and moderators who are taking a lot of unnecessary flack for this with grace and style!

Now, I'm gonna go look for something on the board that's quilt-related!!

Last edited by cindi; 11-05-2011 at 08:55 AM.
    Old 11-05-2011, 08:51 AM

I'm getting there. Still can't folly the difference between the envelopes on the tread titles - the colors are so close!! Hard to tell which are the newer postings. But I'm getting there. Slowly but surely
    Old 11-05-2011, 08:55 AM

I so Agree..... I love change and this new board looks fabulous to me. Great Job for all your hard work.
    Originally Posted by DebraK
    ha! I laughed at the ignore comment too. Oh, the irony ;-) Hang in there, Patrice. Best regards to all involved. I'm loving the new capabilities as I learn them.
    Old 11-05-2011, 09:10 AM

Red face Thank you!

Originally Posted by belmer
    I so Agree..... I love change and this new board looks fabulous to me. Great Job for all your hard work.
    I have to join in the "THANKS"! I know first hand all of the toil and trouble goes into making a website functional for all levels of users. My husband manages the site for our church (so maybe my knowledge is second hand...) Anyway, even though I haven't figured out all the ins and outs yet - mostly because of time constraints - I DO appreciate all the work that has been done! Thank you!
    Old 11-05-2011, 09:10 AM

New systems are always a learning curve for everyone - it takes time to adjust and figure out all of the logistics. Those
    that mounted it have put in lots of long hours and have put in lots of effort figuring out the bugs and what will be the most efficient way to achieve the goals.

Yes, I was frustrated when I first tried to do a few things but overall it wasn't that hard and it does take a bit of getting
    used to. - Just like figuring out all the bells and whistles of a a new sewing machine - we will be fine and will forget our
    petty woes quickly as we continue to enjoy everything that is available to us here.

Thank you Patrice and 'set-up' team for your hard work and for your patience while guiding us through.
    Old 11-05-2011, 09:17 AM

I am one who doesn't need bells and whistles...but the new format is great. Yes, it will take us a bit of getting used to, but the benefits far outweigh the things I have to get used to. Thanks for the upgrade...this will make the forum a better place!
    Old 11-05-2011, 09:17 AM

Thanks for your hard work Patrice. I like the looks of the new format. I know it will take me a while to figure everything out, but when I first joined the board I had to figure everything out then too. I really enjoy the board and all the members. I especially like the pictures and am able to see everyone's work. Thanks for everything.
    Old 11-05-2011, 09:18 AM

Every thing looks very nice PatriceJ
    Old 11-05-2011, 09:19 AM

This is true. I don't even read them anymore.

Originally Posted by butterflywing
    i've reached the point where many of the responses are much funnier than the changes are a problem, so i can deal with this. i'll just keep laughing.
    Old 11-05-2011, 09:26 AM

Patrice, you guys are doing a great job. Of course, there will be some things some won't like. As is said, you can't please all the people all the time. I love that a new window is opened when you click on a thread. And I love that everything comes up so much more quickly!