Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread >
  • Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread

• Begonias – 3 month Boom Group Thread

Old 04-16-2022, 07:56 AM

Y'all, look at what one of my new yellow Christmas cacti has decided to do for Easter! Only one bloom, but I think it's so pretty. Happy Easter. Everybody!
    Attached Thumbnails 100_0257a-2-.jpg  

Last edited by Libster; 04-16-2022 at 08:00 AM.
    Old 04-16-2022, 08:10 AM

Libster, that’s pretty!

mjp, sounds like your plate is very full at present. Good luck with your scavenger hunt!
    Old 04-16-2022, 10:46 AM
    Power Poster

Beautiful and the timing is perfect. Hubby just brought home some Easter Lillies so I am also in the flowers.
    Old 04-16-2022, 11:59 AM

Jayne, thank you for my block. It is really wonderful.
    Old 04-16-2022, 12:42 PM
    Power Poster

Janice, cookie baking with Grandma. Life doesn't get any better than that. That's on my 'to do' list with Ivy... when I am in Memphis a while.

MJP, you are such a great host! The town scavenger hunt is an amazing idea.

I'm sad, sad, sad because I apparently broke my Juki sewing machine (not the long arm). I dropped the feed dogs to do some fmq on a small wall hanging, and then they wouldn't come back up! This happened once before and the problem resolved itself after running the machine for a while. This time it isn't. I have torn the machine open and cleaned everything. Hubby blew all the lint out with his air compressor. I found the screws that adjust feed dog height and position back to front. Have adjusted both of them and the feed dogs are in a perfect starting position and move like they are supposed do when the machine is running. Yet still the needle stays in the same place and the fabric doesn't really advance. I've tried everything, including prayer! Hope I can get my dealer on the phone Monday and get some advice how to fix this. He's in AZ and I'm in MS. Wish me luck!
    Old 04-16-2022, 01:25 PM

SBG, sorry to hear about the feed dog problem. if you don’t get the help you need from your dealer, you might be able to get assistance from jukijunkies.com. They also have a fb page. I hope it’s something that is easily fixable.
    Old 04-16-2022, 02:29 PM

I feel so bad for you, SBG! You have my complete sympathy! 😢

Libster, I love the Easter flower! I have some tulips that are blooming but my daffodils haven't come up this year. We have had crazy weather this spring, with overnight freezes regularly, so that might explain it.

Here are all four Easter dresses! I made the three sailor dresses and the forth one was made by my mother-in-law.

Attached Thumbnails img_20220416_163115931.jpg   img_20220416_163141028.jpg  
    Old 04-16-2022, 03:21 PM

NZQ, beautiful dresses! The girls will be darling in them!

Not much in the way of flowers around here that the deer haven’t gotten to but my Lenten Roses are inside the fence and still lovely but small. Here’s my floral contribution. These were just transplanted from a pot I brought from GA. I hope they do well here.
    Attached Thumbnails 3a02b6ba-6438-4842-8996-886f73a94f03.jpeg  

Last edited by Janice McC; 04-16-2022 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Oops, forgot the photo
    Old 04-16-2022, 03:30 PM

Ooh, pretty lenten roses, Janice! They do very well here in the lower part of the state...I have a friend who has white ones.

NZQuilter, I love the dresses. That little pink one is so precious with the scalloped border. Your girls will really shine tomorrow.
    Old 04-17-2022, 06:14 AM

NZ I love your dresses, the girls are going to be darling in them

Libster I have 5 assorted Holiday cactuses. None are in bloom right now and they aren’t very happy with me for stuffing them in a box for the 2 day drive home. They are my babies and sure hope they will be ok.

Sewbiz you must be beside yourself with worry. Hopefully you can find a repair shop in Ms. if your dealer says it has to be brought into the shop.

Happy Easter to all, and for those celebrating have a great family get together