Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 21 - Sign-ups now open thru 5/31*** >
  • Boom 21 - Sign-ups now open thru 5/31***

• Boom 21 - Sign-ups now open thru 5/31***

Old 06-01-2018, 01:11 AM

I believe Jaba has been in all through 20. Anyone else?
    Originally Posted by JayneW
    I'm curious if there is anyone here who was in the original Boom #1??
    Old 06-01-2018, 01:14 AM

You may send all one fabric or a selection of different ones. Totally up to you. Since they’re yours, you do what works best for you
    Originally Posted by coullmills
    GramE's post got me wondering, (this is my first boom so this will be the first of many questions) do we usually send the same fabric to everyone in our group or can it be a variety of 18"x 10" pieces that maybe all complement each other? Thanks Crystal
    Old 06-01-2018, 01:25 AM

Default Boom 21 sign-ups are closed

Good morning, Boomers. Signups are closed. It’s time to get this show on the road.

I’ve got some admin work over the next couple of days so be looking for emails from me. We do have one full 3 month group and a second smaller 3 month group. I’ll be posting names in a day or two (I’m out of town right now). As usual, we can “round up” in the second group so that those of you who want to send 19 F8, will receive 19 completed blocks back. More discussion on this a bit later. Let me do my behind the scenes stuff and I’ll get back with you soon.
    Old 06-01-2018, 04:28 AM

Yes i was in boom one. I have missed 2 booms because of hand surgery but have done all the rest. I am hooked LOL
    Old 06-01-2018, 04:33 AM

Thank you Terriamn I am looking forward to starting to sew again as I miss it. I put my machine in the car not the truck so it would be ok. We flat bedded the car. Now to see what fabrics I can find other than Joanns as I worked there so I know what they have. I may get transferred here and go back to work but for now I need to set up housekeeping once again. My husband comes from this area so he can help finding new and exciting fabrics.
    Old 06-01-2018, 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by bootsy
    Thank you Terriamn I am looking forward to starting to sew again as I miss it. I put my machine in the car not the truck so it would be ok. We flat bedded the car. Now to see what fabrics I can find other than Joanns as I worked there so I know what they have. I may get transferred here and go back to work but for now I need to set up housekeeping once again. My husband comes from this area so he can help finding new and exciting fabrics.

Bootsy, I'm glad that the trek west is over for you. Maybe now things will begin to settle down a little at the time. Everything that you get done now will be one less worry for later on. Your reward's going to be the fun of looking for and finding all those perfect fabrics later on!
    Old 06-01-2018, 07:07 AM

Moonrise your fabric is going to make a great quilt for your camper.

Biblistone you always have such fun prints

oh GramE your fabric is so delicate and feminine, your friend should love it.
    Old 06-01-2018, 07:09 AM

So building on TG's fraud issues I just learned yesterday that hackers have found there way into peoples wifi here is some interesting reading. Mr Bill then did a scan and we are malware free but damn scary stuff.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.a1e3b3a445d9

Moon: Hi it's great to see you again Love your fabrics and vision for your quilt.

Bibilstone: I love the sugar skulls and I am sorry to hear about your young friend.

Bootsy: Good to hear you have arrived safely and will be getting your house set up. I know it's quite the drive but if you ever find yourself heading north and east on the 58 there are two little quilt shops in Tehachapi. Can you imagine 2 of them within walking distance in that little town? I like Debbie's better than 5 hearts but if you are driving through they are both wort a look.

I am off tomorrow for a trip to Sedona with my almost sister/best friend for a week so y'all have a good one.
    Old 06-01-2018, 07:27 AM

I remember Moonrise, moonwalk, Jaba, LJ as some being in my first Boom, I think it was #5. April was running it then and sometimes you didn't get half your blocks back...that was when you mailed them direct to the person to make and they were suppose to return yours. I LOVE it this way much better...

Does anyone else keep getting a little pop up message when they log in about privacy policies and you have to click accept or decline? Its aggravating!
    Is anyone else ready to get the boom going?? LOL...sounds like everyone is.

I'm glad they are both 3 month groups this time because my 93 year old cousin fell and broke her shoulder and is in hospital. I'm sure she will come to the nursing home when released but some of my evening/weekend / time will be taken up with helping her with laundry, errands just visiting after work... Ill need some "sanity" sewing
    Old 06-01-2018, 08:08 AM

I think I joined in boom 7 or 8. Not sure which.