Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Repeat a boom #3  aka rab #3 >
  • Repeat a boom #3 aka rab #3

• Repeat a boom #3 aka rab #3

Old 02-27-2015, 04:35 PM

I am with the rest of the group. DO NOT drop out. I also buy and print my labels at home. Lots easer and I can stay in my jammies :-). Just waiting for the green light to mail.
    Old 02-27-2015, 04:58 PM

http://boomerangswaps.weebly.com/april-by-maker.html OK ladies - I'm convinced, I will stay to play in the boom!! Should have rain to wash away the snow by Sunday or Monday. I don't know the name of my block - I found it in a copy of Quiltmaker magazine for 12 inch finished blocks. I used it in a Boom I am currently doing. If you go to the link at the top of this post then scroll down to the blocks under my board name - the block I'm using is the Turquoise and White one at the end of the row. It is a very straight forward 3 7/8" HST with a line drawn down the middle of the 3 7/8" square then lines sewn 1/4" off the line on each side. Then just assemble as in picture. Hope this is helpful - if anyone knows the name of this block please share it with us. Thanks ladies!!
    Old 02-27-2015, 05:28 PM

@craftyone27... check this one and see if that is what you wanted... http://knitnlit.blogspot.com/2012/11...t-long_12.html
    Old 02-27-2015, 05:35 PM

Hikeaddict -- What did you do to make your poor kitten look so disgusted with you?
    Old 02-27-2015, 05:41 PM

As long as you send the pattern to everyone or tell them where to get the instructions it should be fine.

Craftyone27, I need your information. Please send it to me. Your name, board name, address, phone number, email.

Well I went out and got my material. It will be red on white and blue on white and then you all just add white. It can be white on white or just white. I also of course bought material to make my nephew a quilt in the Utah Jazz basketball team colors.....kelly green, navy blue and sunshine yellow. Oh darn it, now I will have to go downstairs and look.....it think I got royal blue instead of navy blue. Sigh. I also had to buy some fabric for the millifiore hexagons site. Have any of you seen that? If you like doing English paper Piecing it is a year long process of making several monthly Rosettes. Picture included. anyone can join and the only thing you need is Katja's book. something to do at night when you watch TV. I love doing handwork at night. Tomorrow I may not be on until evening as my daughter and i are going up to Beverly Hills for Lunch and meet my niece's cousins.
    Oh by the way.....the rain actually is here and it is a little chilly.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]511871[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails img_2578.jpg  
    Old 02-27-2015, 06:06 PM

I have wanted to do a two-color quilt using all those blocks for a few years now. I think maybe that will be my goal to start once we're in the new house. Out of curiosity, do you ladies think that would be a fun "along" to do?

Originally Posted by moonwork42029
    @craftyone27... check this one and see if that is what you wanted... http://knitnlit.blogspot.com/2012/11...t-long_12.html
    Old 02-27-2015, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by TheMamaHauser
    I have wanted to do a two-color quilt using all those blocks for a few years now. I think maybe that will be my goal to start once we're in the new house. Out of curiosity, do you ladies think that would be a fun "along" to do?
    It would be an awful lot of HST, lol. I don't know if I could handle doing that many of them, phew, my eyes cross at the thought of that. I get bored too quickly doing the same o same o but I know some others would jump at the chance to have a "Do Along". I'm not sure how you'd get permission to follow along with her old posts and directions though as a group project...you can always email her and check it out. I'll root for you
    Old 02-27-2015, 06:29 PM

Moonwork- I asked her if she wanted a puppy
    Old 02-27-2015, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Hikeaddict
    Moonwork- I asked her if she wanted a puppy
    Meanie! No wonder she had that face!
    Old 02-28-2015, 12:02 AM

Moonwork - that page is fine if you don't mind working with bias edges - I hate lots of bias edges in my blocks which is why I gave the directions I did in my last post. urgodschild - I will send you my info for the boom - and yes I am already working on the Millefiore hexie quilt along project. There is a facebook group that Katje Marek (author of "The New Hexagon" book) started. Here is the link for that group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1481...group_activity