Singer bobbin case

Old 05-10-2019, 06:39 PM

Default Singer bobbin case

I have a Singer bobbin case and outer holder No. 545571 and 545572 I have just been trying to identify what machine they belong to and having no luck. Isn't there a list of parts somewhere and what they belong to? TIA
Old 05-11-2019, 12:18 AM

I have looked on singersewinginfo.co.uk and googled but I couldn't find the simanco numbers you mention. Could you post a picture of the items? Maybe it will help identifying the machine they belong to...
Old 05-12-2019, 08:40 PM

Seb58 I don't know if this will help but here are the pictures. I am afraid they are not really clear - the best our camera can do.
Attached Thumbnails dscn0092.jpg   dscn0093.jpg   dscn0096.jpg  
Old 05-13-2019, 05:34 AM

Those look like they would work with many machines, besides Singer. My 237 has a shuttle body and bobbin case like that.

I can't remember, off the top of my head, what the difference is between the bobbin cases are.
(Not affiliated with links )
https://shop.sew-classic.com/Bobbin-...ger-JO1313.htm and
https://shop.sew-classic.com/Bobbin-...-JO1313Z-J.htm

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 05-13-2019 at 05:35 AM. Reason: Not affiliated with links
Old 05-13-2019, 12:06 PM

I agree with Janey, my Singers class 15 run with such a hook and bobbin case. I guess they are standard oscillating hook parts.
Old 05-13-2019, 05:52 PM

Something to note is the direction of the "finger" because some are in One o'clock and some are at Eleven o'clock.

Seb, I think your 15k88 might be the Eleven o'clock position, whereas the one Kelsie has is One o'clock.

There are lots of 15 class machines - one just has to be aware of which direction the finger is pointing.

Old 05-13-2019, 09:23 PM

Janey how do you tell that it is at 1:00 o'clock. Are you looking at the right or left of the release clip (would that be the right name?)
This could be from a 237 as I have the manual and some other parts for one that I picked up at a yard sale. I have tried to find info on a 237 and it doesn't even seem like the machine exists. I looked at 18 pages today of parts numbers and these ones don't show up there either.
Old 05-13-2019, 10:44 PM

Kelsie here is the difference between the one o'clock and the eleven o'clock... you have to look to where the arm is pointing

[ATTACH=CONFIG]612837[/ATTACH]
Janey you are right, my 15k88 and my 15b both have the 11 o'clock bobbin case but my Omnia M12 has the 1 o'clock case (which is now the standard bobbin case found on most modern machines)

Kelsie, I found this video about the Singer 237: at about 2min, you'll see the lady remove the bobbin case and it a 1 o'clock, like the one you showed on your pictures
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKEtRJ61IN0

EDIT to add: On his website, Thierry Hacquard confirms that the 237 has an oscillating hook system which adds up to the rest of your parts! (I put the link in case you are comfortable reading French )
http://t.hacquard.free.fr/site4/237.html
Attached Thumbnails bcd-1527-5291.00.jpg  

Last edited by Seb58; 05-13-2019 at 10:47 PM.
Old 05-14-2019, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by Kelsie View Post
Janey how do you tell that it is at 1:00 o'clock. Are you looking at the right or left of the release clip (would that be the right name?)
It is actually called a "catch lever" and it would be looking at it as you are inserting the case into the machine.

Originally Posted by Kelsie View Post
This could be from a 237 as I have the manual and some other parts for one that I picked up at a yard sale. I have tried to find info on a 237 and it doesn't even seem like the machine exists. I looked at 18 pages today of parts numbers and these ones don't show up there either.
There are several threads that mention the 237 here on QB. Should you do a search here on QB, the search function will not show the posts when you click on the links from the search result - until you refresh the page. The page can be refreshed by clicking on the circle arrow next to the address bar or by clicking on the blue title of the thread above the first post of the thread. Just one I found was New Singer 237 Fashion Mate

Singer did change their numbers - even for the same part. So it isn't surprising that you didn't find that number in the 237 parts list.

Old 05-14-2019, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Seb58 View Post
Kelsie here is the difference between the one o'clock and the eleven o'clock... you have to look to where the arm is pointing

[ATTACH=CONFIG]612837[/ATTACH]
Janey you are right, my 15k88 and my 15b both have the 11 o'clock bobbin case but my Omnia M12 has the 1 o'clock case (which is now the standard bobbin case found on most modern machines)

Kelsie, I found this video about the Singer 237: at about 2min, you'll see the lady remove the bobbin case and it a 1 o'clock, like the one you showed on your pictures
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKEtRJ61IN0

EDIT to add: On his website, Thierry Hacquard confirms that the 237 has an oscillating hook system which adds up to the rest of your parts! (I put the link in case you are comfortable reading French )
http://t.hacquard.free.fr/site4/237.html
Thank you, Seb. Good illustrations.

I checked out Thierry Hacquard's page about the 237 at work, as it has Chrome and will translate the page. It actually took me a little time and had to read through the whole page to figure out what he was referring to as "the claw." Here we call them "feed dogs." I also wish he had shown the rotatable volt selector.