Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
  • Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >
  • Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

• Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 11-07-2011, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by miriam
    Maybe that is why I like the Singer 403 and the Spartan together - they share bobbins! The 15 clones have to have their own bobbins but can share attachments with the Spartan
    Miriam,

This is probably why I have started using my 301 and my 221 the most.....

I spent my Saturday evening figuring out my attachments because they did not come in attachment boxes..That is how I found my Style-O-Matic!!

Now if someone can explain a standard foot, from a slant, and low shank foot... this would also help..ugh!
    Old 11-07-2011, 09:16 AM

I think I may finally have a link to my photo of my little green machine. See if this works. http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d1...s/IMGP2522.jpg

I have her all cleaned up, just need to put the bobbin case back in and figure out how to thread her up. The wires are all in good condition, and I am ready to try her out.
    Old 11-07-2011, 09:23 AM

Just want to share the project I was working on yesterday while chatting (or should I say babbling away) with all of you. I started the layout in morning and pieces sewn together by midnight. Just need to sew rest of strips together. This is going on the back of a quilt that I'm working on right now. Piecing done with my Singer 201.[ATTACH=CONFIG]283364[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails img_3932.jpg  

Last edited by vintagemotif; 11-07-2011 at 09:27 AM.
    Old 11-07-2011, 09:38 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by auniqueview
    I think I may finally have a link to my photo of my little green machine. See if this works. http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d1...s/IMGP2522.jpg

I have her all cleaned up, just need to put the bobbin case back in and figure out how to thread her up. The wires are all in good condition, and I am ready to try her out.
    OH you have a clone!!! You want to get the needle in the right direction - ask Glen how I know..... http://blog.sew-classic.com/2008/12/...-15-clone.aspx There is even a manual on there! More clones: http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...p-t164361.html
    Old 11-07-2011, 09:39 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
    just want to share the project i was working on yesterday while chatting (or should i say babbling away) with all of you. I started the layout in morning and pieces sewn together by midnight. Just need to sew rest of strips together. This is going on the back of a quilt that i'm working on right now. Piecing done with my singer 201.[attach=config]283364[/attach]
    i love it!!!!
    Old 11-07-2011, 09:42 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by justtrish
    Miriam,

This is probably why I have started using my 301 and my 221 the most.....

I spent my Saturday evening figuring out my attachments because they did not come in attachment boxes..That is how I found my Style-O-Matic!!

Now if someone can explain a standard foot, from a slant, and low shank foot... this would also help..ugh!
    http://blog.sew-classic.com/2009/01/...g-machine.aspx She explains it so well on her site...
    Old 11-07-2011, 09:53 AM

Miriam,

She does explain it well. However, when reading the info on the attachment numbers on the uksinger site... some are described as "standard foot"

What is a standard foot???
    Old 11-07-2011, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
    Just want to share the project I was working on yesterday while chatting (or should I say babbling away) with all of you. I started the layout in morning and pieces sewn together by midnight. Just need to sew rest of strips together. This is going on the back of a quilt that I'm working on right now. Piecing done with my Singer 201.[ATTACH=CONFIG]283364[/ATTACH]
    I still haven't quilted yet...and wow...so many pieces...does piecing mean putting all those little pieces together? Yikes... I am beginning to think quilting might be to complicated... lol

p.s. very nice quilt back
    Old 11-07-2011, 10:01 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by justtrish
    I still haven't quilted yet...and wow...so many pieces...does piecing mean putting all those little pieces together? Yikes... I am beginning to think quilting might be to complicated... lol

p.s. very nice quilt back
    There are some easy quilts that don't require so many little pieces at a time. She is trying to keep a heart pattern going.
    Old 11-07-2011, 10:13 AM

I also keep all the attachments, bobbins, etc that go with each machine in a container right with each machine. I also like to have a pair of small scissors/snips, a small ruler guide and anything else I think I might need (manual, oil). And I made little fabric bowls for each machine, they are great to catch all the little snips of thread and things because I don't have a trash container at each machine. The little bowls are cute made of sewing related fabrics or any other you like.