Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Company that makes Decals for older Machines >

Company that makes Decals for older Machines

Company that makes Decals for older Machines

Old 10-17-2013, 07:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ggenovez View Post
Having worked with tons of lawyers, their default answer is No, even if it doesn't make any sense. "Can I breath your air? No!" and it's up to a court of law to determine if they are correct....If they publicize that you can get a 100 year old machine, and it will run a quintillion times more than their current machines, why would they advocate that? Just my thoughts, not trying to poopoo on anybodies hopes.
Spot on. They have no motivation on this at all unless a person at singer high up in the food chain takes an interest.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by LAQUITA View Post
I am wondering how to get 'the rest' of the faded / missing decals off my FW so I can replace it with new ones., ANy suggestions?
Thanks.
I use acetone to remove decals. Use a cotton rag and wrap it around your finger and rub in a circular motion. 0000 steel wool will remove the ghosts left behind but, don't " scrub " too hard or you'll remove the paint. Of course you'll have to re- topcoat after you do it.
Old 06-26-2023, 01:45 PM

I'm posting this to an old thread but the topic is relevant. I'm restoring a Model 12 and need to get the Acanthus decals (preferably). The Singerdecals site out of Florida does not have them. I ordered decals from a maker in Portugal and they have been shipped but the decals may have disappeared in the black hole of the postal system, Does anyone know of any place to order decals for the Singer Model 12 (fiddlebase machines)?
Old 06-28-2023, 05:51 AM

I bought a set of water slide decals from a guy in Florida. They were fantastic. He seemed to be above board and very willing to help with anything I needed. His prices werent outta hand. They were kinda expensive but the quality is there. Weather hes licensed thru Singer or not I couldnt tell you. I believe I found him by just using Google. I believe I ordered them thru HIS website not an eBay or Esty site. I have his info if anyone would like it.
Also, there is a Lady in Australia who also sells Singer replica decals. I havent made any purchases from her, but I have messages her back and forth a couple times with questions bout antique machines. Not necessarily Singer, I found her on Esty and she duz do custom work. I dont think her prices were outta hand either. I really cant member what I was quoted, but it wasnt crazy high. Her are also water slide. She said that she can make almost anything with any font ya mite want. Hence the custom work. The pictures of them look good anyway. If someone wants her info, I can look and find it also if needed.
Old 06-28-2023, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Texadan View Post
I bought a set of water slide decals from a guy in Florida. They were fantastic. He seemed to be above board and very willing to help with anything I needed. His prices werent outta hand. They were kinda expensive but the quality is there. Weather hes licensed thru Singer or not I couldnt tell you. I believe I found him by just using Google. I believe I ordered them thru HIS website not an eBay or Esty site. I have his info if anyone would like it.
Also, there is a Lady in Australia who also sells Singer replica decals. I havent made any purchases from her, but I have messages her back and forth a couple times with questions bout antique machines. Not necessarily Singer, I found her on Esty and she duz do custom work. I dont think her prices were outta hand either. I really cant member what I was quoted, but it wasnt crazy high. Her are also water slide. She said that she can make almost anything with any font ya mite want. Hence the custom work. The pictures of them look good anyway. If someone wants her info, I can look and find it also if needed.
The guy in Florida does not have the SInger 12 deals at the moment and may not have them until the end of the year. What is the contact information for the person in Australia?
Old 06-28-2023, 03:11 PM

lazabby, Here is her info for you.

Angela Anderson

Brisbane, QLD
Local time 9:08am
SewingMachineDecals

I found her and her information on Esty.com
Above is her contact info. Tell her I recommended her to you.
I dont get anythin, but its good to know that someone cares enuf to give others information of a good seller.
Thanks Dan
Old 07-17-2023, 07:47 AM

lazabby, Here is her info for you.

Angela Anderson

Brisbane, QLD
Local time 9:08am
SewingMachineDecals

I found her and her information on Esty.com
Above is her contact info. Tell her I recommended her to you.
I dont get anythin, but its good to know that someone cares enuf to give others information of a good seller.
Thanks Dan
Dan, Thanks for getting back to me with the information. I sent her a message and told her you referred her to me.
Shannon
Old 07-17-2023, 10:17 AM

Any time Shannon, Glad I was able to help.
Hope you found whatcha need and I do know her custom work is really nice.
Accordin to the pictures I've seen. Thank you for the recognition, Hope she
didnt charge you double for just usin my name. LOL..........
Good Luck, Dan
Old 07-18-2023, 08:23 AM

Any time Shannon, Glad I was able to help.
Hope you found whatcha need and I do know her custom work is really nice.
Accordin to the pictures I've seen. Thank you for the recognition, Hope she
didnt charge you double for just usin my name. LOL..........
Good Luck, Dan
I haven't heard from her yet so we'll see!
Old 07-18-2023, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by lazabby View Post
I haven't heard from her yet so we'll see!
I'd appreciate if you follow up. The seller appears to have quite a selection and I may be interested. I've never full on restored a machine but, I have a Davis High Arm Vertical Feed that is so cosmetically challenged, there'd be no shame in stripping it down to bare metal.