Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat)  Everyone is Welcome! >

Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat) Everyone is Welcome!

Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat) Everyone is Welcome!

Old 05-21-2011, 04:51 PM

I have 2, white one and black one. They sew the greatest seams! I'm looking to put the white one on ebay cause I'm running out of room!! Too many sewing machines in my house.:)
Old 05-21-2011, 04:52 PM

I recently posted about finding ours at an estate sale for $20. I didn't realize it was a Centennial til I got it home. I took it to the shop and paid $65 for a tune-up, belt, and inspection, and paid ~ $20 for the fantastic FW book. I also bought a 1/4" foot for $17. Our FW doesn't have a case, and the only feet we have are the original and the 1/4", but we love the machine and it makes a nice straight stitch. I can't say I would use it every day because the size is a bit of a challenge, but for $20 it's a great back-up machine, and it does travel well.

Darren
Old 05-21-2011, 04:56 PM

I found mine on craigslist about 2 years ago now. We had to travel about 3 hours north of us, so we made a day trip of it. Met a wonderful couple, spent the day of them showing us around their beautifully crafted home in the woods with an exquisitely designed wood interior. We made the trip again the next week to take the gentleman up on his offer to my DH to sell some beautiful knarlly wood and I bought 2 of the woman's 6 hand crank sewing machines. So, I have wonderful memories of how I acquired my much loved Featherweight. I paid $250. It came with carrying case; lots of attachments, the original little oil can and she gave me the revised book on FWs mentioned by a previous poster on page 1. Haven't named her yet.

Carted her over to my grandson's home and taught him how to sew on her. He was 4 when we started. He loves her the best of all of my machines!

In fact, I need to get off the board right now and go tend to a slight problem she is having. She purrs so quietly and nicely when she is sewing. :-D
Old 05-21-2011, 04:57 PM

Yes, I have Blueberry, Celery, Queen Mother, Jasmine and one that doesn't have a name as of yet. They all work perfect and I love each and every one of them. Well I guess you know I love and sell them by my name...
Old 05-21-2011, 04:59 PM
Power Poster

I am blessed with 3 of them, two black ones and a white one. DH bought all of them, one at a garage sale and two off Craig's list. He is also the main one who uses them.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-200290.jpe   attachment-200291.jpe   attachment-200292.jpe  
Old 05-21-2011, 05:07 PM

I got Aggie Faye (221K) in March 2009 at our local spring festival for $250. (She was born January 1940.) At the end of the month I'm getting one for my daughter. She's been drooling over mine and I was afraid Aggie would start to rust. :)

I take Aggie with me when I go to my quilt guild. I feel so fortunate to have her.

Craftybear - I can give you the contact information for my FW guy (he restores antique machines). You would have shipping costs, of course, since he's in Florida.

Aggie Faye
[ATTACH=CONFIG]200308[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-200302.jpe  
Old 05-21-2011, 05:16 PM

Mine came as a gift from my sister in law --I had to take the foot control and power cord in for replacement of the cord--They had to order the electric cord, so I'll get it next week, THEN I will try our my "new" machine. My SIL bought it new in 1955/56. It is black. I will be getting the card table that goes with it soon. SIL still has it loaded with "stuff".
Old 05-21-2011, 05:17 PM

Meet Wilma (black) and Snow White (white)

wilma and snow white
[ATTACH=CONFIG]200312[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-200306.jpe  
Old 05-21-2011, 05:17 PM

Meet Wilma (black) and Snow White (white)

wilma and snow white
[ATTACH=CONFIG]200313[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-200307.jpe  
Old 05-21-2011, 05:25 PM

I have two featherweights. I got a black featherweight for Christmas 2009 and a white one for my retirement in June 2010. The black one is 1937. The white one I am not sure. The white one looks like it was never used! I love both of these machines. I keep looking for a tan one, but the price is more than I am willing to spend. I will have to try to take pictures of them. I would love to get a centennial one as they were made the year I was born.
Brenda