I finally found a 301, YEAH

Old 05-04-2013, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane View Post

That said, that pedal you have from the 306, does it say solid state or Electronic on it? That's the best case scenario,... it wouldn't get hot.
I am sure it is not electronic. The Singer part number is 618998-001, Volts 95-145, Amps 0.70, made in France. The France part is interesting. Also interesting is that connector is molded rubber, the same with the plug.

I spent a little time yesterday ripping out strawberries that have run amok. My rhubarb is three feet high and sending up flower stalks. I usually let them bloom because they are so decorative.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:21 PM

Darn! That would have been ideal to find a matching pedal that was also electronic.

Most of the 50s and newer cords I have are that way, as well as the replacement cords, of course. I'm guessing some time in the 50s or 60s they may have changed to those as standard.

Well I got caught up scavenging in the thrift stores when I went out for thread and needles, so I didn't get anymore gardening done. That will be tomorrow I guess. I'm sort of avoiding it, because i know the ground is going to be cold. My Rhubarb is currently cute little sproutlets... it will take over before long though. I'm the same way, I let that stuff bloom, because we can't eat it all anyway, and I'd rather plant food that blooms. I must have lived a previous life when food was scarce! It's probably part of why I have a hard time yanking up healthy plants, even if they do run amok. When we moved into this house, there were tons of decorative plants in the front yard. They got re-homed with friends and neighbors, and it's almost all food plants now.