Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Deara 02-21-2011 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
I will do a tute today on electrolysis cleaning of your rusted parts and post this evening. All you need is a few things and it works really good.

I have a few things that need the cleaning on a customers machine that I will use this method of cleaning.

Billy

Looking forward to this tute. I have quite a few rusted parts that need cleaning.

Thank you Billy for all you do to further our education with our machines and accessories.

Blessings to you,
Sandi

Lostn51 02-21-2011 11:55 AM

I am just tickled that you all are wanting to save our history. If it were not for all of us out there buying these old girls up and getting them running we would lose a huge part of our hobby.

Billy

purplefiend 02-21-2011 11:59 AM

I am just tickled that you all are wanting to save our history. If it were not for all of us out there buying these old girls up and getting them running we would lose a huge part of our hobby.

Billy

The only machines we'd have to choose from would be plastic wonders that die after about 2-5 years of use. I can
not imagine not having my older machines that sew so well
with just a few drops of oil.
Sharon W.
:shock: :cry: :roll:

Lostn51 02-21-2011 12:00 PM

Oh remind me later to post the pick of a treadle in my bathroom! :lol:

Its just the irons but hey I think I can put 3 treadles in there....... :-P

Billy

sew_sew 02-21-2011 12:12 PM

Several years back seemed to be a hobby to disect the treadles and make them into cutesy plant stands. Broke my heart to see it.

Lostn51 02-21-2011 12:20 PM

I think this whole going green thing helped along with the fact that new machines never last.

Billy

Jennifer22206 02-21-2011 01:29 PM

I'm blaming all of you.. I just bid on two machines on Ebay.. and I haven't used Ebay in years.. I think I'm addicted. :)

Lostn51 02-21-2011 01:42 PM

It is very addicting! ;)

Billy

Donna Mare 02-21-2011 01:52 PM

Oh remind me later to post the pick of a treadle in my bathroom! :lol:

Its just the irons but hey I think I can put 3 treadles in there....... :-P

Billy

Can't wait to see this picture. Sure need a good laugh..this sould do it!

Donna Mare 02-21-2011 01:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
I'm blaming all of you.. I just bid on two machines on Ebay.. and I haven't used Ebay in years.. I think I'm addicted. :)

Grins Jennifer ! It is addicting!! It's like eating chocolate...once you had one piece you can't stop!

Speaking of addicted.. I got this kid and ( BILLY WAKE UP ) and what do I do about the missing thingamajig ...err..great word eh? the thing that is usually on the sides and front so your cloth has a place to take a nap on. Billy is sending the slider plate..but? how do I make the thingy, bed for fabric? Grins. I need to study the name of parts eh?? LOL