Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

sewbizgirl 03-21-2011 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by tomilu
From Dumpster to Diva - well almost! After 6 hours of cleaning, this Singer 15-88 in a #22 cabinet looks sooo much better. There 2 small holes through the veneer on the inside lid and the outside of the lid has bad plant rash.

Tommie, what a beauty! What kind of goofball would throw that out??? :roll: :roll: :roll:

The cabinet is quite lovely. I hear that Howard's Restor-A-Finish will remove rings and water spots without having to strip and totally refinish the wood. You buy it in the wood color you need, such as oak, cherry, walnut... I have some to use on my old cabinets, but haven't gotten that far yet. ;o) I'm planning to use it on my dining room table, as well.

melinda1962 03-21-2011 10:47 AM

That is a beautiful machine and cabinet. Good job on the cleaning up. Very nice!!!

Melinda

From Dumpster to Diva - well almost! After 6 hours of cleaning, this Singer 15-88 in a #22 cabinet looks sooo much better. There 2 small holes through the veneer on the inside lid and the outside of the lid has bad plant rash.

Kitzone 03-21-2011 10:58 AM

Great Job!! I am glad you braved the dumpster and took the time to give her a good cleaning. Amazing what a little time and effort can produce :D

tomilu 03-21-2011 11:02 AM

The cabinet is quite lovely. I hear that Howard's Restor-A-Finish will remove rings and water spots without having to strip and totally refinish the wood. You buy it in the wood color you need, such as oak, cherry, walnut... I have some to use on my old cabinets, but haven't gotten that far yet. ;o) I'm planning to use it on my dining room table, as well.[/quote]

I have Howard's, but not that product. Shall have to find some. Thanks for the tip.

BoJangles 03-21-2011 11:18 AM

Tommi, love your 15-88! Geeze, what a deal!

Nancy

And Sewbizgirl, thanks for the information on Howard's Restor-A-Finish! I will have to try that!

irishrose 03-21-2011 12:26 PM

Someone in another thread just posted a red Brother machine from CL. It looks to be a 60s machine and still metal. I love red, so, of course, I'm drooling.

Grandmother23 03-21-2011 01:13 PM

Thanks purplefiend for the pictrues.

melinda1962 03-21-2011 01:27 PM

Which thread? I love to look at the colored machines!!

Originally Posted by irishrose
Someone in another thread just posted a red Brother machine from CL. It looks to be a 60s machine and still metal. I love red, so, of course, I'm drooling.

vintagemotif 03-21-2011 01:30 PM

NICE save! Have fun with your new machine.

Grandmother23 03-21-2011 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
I have an opportunity to buy a vintage Kenmore exactly like this one:
http://www.ecrater.com/p/8732598/sea...achine-vintage
only in a nice cabinet...

It looks like an exact clone of a Singer 15. This is the only Kenmore I have seen that looks like this. Does anyone know anything about this model machine? I couldn't find numbers on the machine, at all.

I have one like this. Does yours have an oblong D with a S in the D on the underneath? Mine also says DSM Made in Japan on the column. Mine didn't come with a case though. I couldn't find any numbers on this machine either. But it is a pretty little machine.