Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

cherrybsixty 04-05-2011 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Suzy
Billy,
If you are coughing alot rub vicks on the bottom of your feet put socks on go to bed ,you won't cough. My husband had this for almost 2 months and finally tried the vicks two nights in a row and has been getting a good nights sleep. He doesn't even cough anymore.

Good Luck

Suzy

I'm a firm believer in that HM remedy. Billy, hope you feel better. Congrats on the 900 pages. I'm that little mouse that lurks around and I have read all 901 pgs. I come in from work and this is my reading room material. It took me two months to get caught up in beginning, cause I started late.

JaneK 04-05-2011 05:12 PM

Hi fellow vintage lovers. I recall somewhere around pages 893-895, Nancy and Fabric Whisperer were discussing their "willy " machines and cabinets, and BTW Nancy, your refinished cabinet is spectacular! But I digress..there was some mention of finding a wilcox to go with Fabric Whisperer's cabinet, and in my CL travels, I found one...check out the listing in Fond Du Lac Wisconsin:

[email protected]

looks pretty! and they list it as a toy machine!
Jane

Lostn51 04-05-2011 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Suzy
Billy,
If you are coughing alot rub vicks on the bottom of your feet put socks on go to bed ,you won't cough. My husband had this for almost 2 months and finally tried the vicks two nights in a row and has been getting a good nights sleep. He doesn't even cough anymore.

Good Luck

Suzy

I will try this tonite, sounds crazy but I am willing to try anything.

Billy

Lostn51 04-05-2011 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by cherrybsixty
I'm a firm believer in that HM remedy. Billy, hope you feel better. Congrats on the 900 pages. I'm that little mouse that lurks around and I have read all 901 pgs. I come in from work and this is my reading room material. It took me two months to get caught up in beginning, cause I started late.

Well you guys do not need to lurk, remember we are all family here and we welcome all input. Nothing wrong with just saying hi! ;)

Billy

Shemjo 04-05-2011 05:21 PM

I have read all the pages! And I have a W & W! I can imagine someone thinking it is a toy.

Lostn51 04-05-2011 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by JaneK
Hi fellow vintage lovers. I recall somewhere around pages 893-895, Nancy and Fabric Whisperer were discussing their "willy " machines and cabinets, and BTW Nancy, your refinished cabinet is spectacular! But I digress..there was some mention of finding a wilcox to go with Fabric Whisperer's cabinet, and in my CL travels, I found one...check out the listing in Fond Du Lac Wisconsin:

[email protected]

Jane

I tried the link and it wouldnt work for me but I did find this........

http://duluth.craigslist.org/art/2247452037.html

This is an awesome price!!!

Billy

Weedwoman 04-05-2011 05:29 PM

I've read and enjoyed every single page and will keep on doing so cause this place is great.

BoJangles 04-05-2011 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
You need to find him a hobby to hold over his head. My husband plays poker and tennis and watches a LOT of sports. Plus I'm pretty mean when I get mad, and the husband really wants to keep me happy. Heh heh.

All joking aside, this hobby has sustained me through some pretty bleak times, and if all it takes is a few sewing machines to perk up your life, it's a very <pick one> safe, cheap, entertaining--hobby. If people raise their eyebrows (or, since many folks have little sense--make nasty comments), just tell then you spent your crack money on the new machine. And THEN tell me what they said!!

Miz Johnny you always know how to make a person feel better! My problem is I have 7 horses, which my DH holds over my head! So I have to be good about the sewing machines. Luckily, my DH is pretty cool with the machines too.

Nancy

BoJangles 04-05-2011 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
So lets do a poll for kicks and giggles.......Who has read all 901 pages of the shops thread?

You would figure I have but I will admit I have skipped a few pages here and there just to be caught up. :oops:

Billy

I have read all the pages. I love learning new things about these old machines.

Nancy

JaneK 04-05-2011 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51

Originally Posted by JaneK

[email protected]

Jane

I tried the link and it wouldnt work for me but I did find this........

http://duluth.craigslist.org/art/2247452037.html

This is an awesome price!!!

Billy

I have copied the link exactly, but if it doesn't work with the tag just go to craigslist, state is Wisconsin, and the town is Appleton. then the listing is Toy Treadle Sewing machine.

Love the monogrammer!

And I too have heard of the Vicks on the feet thing, and have used the remedy with success. Kind of funny because I have a master's in nursing, and still find the old home remedies to be very useful. I guess the vintage thing extends to my professional recommendations, too, as i use all the old stuff as well as the new science!

Jane