Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

jpete523 05-05-2011 03:23 PM

Weedwoman --- I think I have the screw you need for your clutch nut. PM me.

Crossstitcher 05-05-2011 03:26 PM

Kathy S., So sorry for your lose.

sewnserge 05-05-2011 03:28 PM

Hi, Kathie -- Please accept my condolences on the loss of your sister-in-law. My mother (age 96) has terminal cancer -- so I am very empathetic..
Your Jones machine is elegant! Such sophisticated lines! I also LOVE the decal work on your New Home. You really hit the jackpot! Have fun with them all!

Crossstitcher 05-05-2011 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Farmstitcher, I have a reg. 306 machine and it takes the 206X13 needle which you can still find. This machine will also use a double needle. I am going to list some of the features of my 306 and maybe

We kind of it will be the same as what you are looking at.
. . . . I like mine but don't know if I want to treadle it also have another one DH is going to put a hand crank on it. Here's a picture of mine.

It will need to be modified somehow to accept a HC.

We kind of figured that so we are working on it. We saw where an other lady did the same so DH thought he would try it. Be different to have a HC that did fancy stitches.

lee231 05-05-2011 03:35 PM

Anyone know anything about a White model NAZ. Seen one at a local thift shop?

BoJangles 05-05-2011 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
I want to thank each and everyone of you that have prayed for me and hubbys family. His sister just passed away. Kathie

Kathie, so sorry to hear this.

Nancy

HanNatNana 05-05-2011 03:43 PM

Kathie I want to add my condolences too. Know what you are going through.

Bronwyn

melinda1962 05-05-2011 04:03 PM

Kathie S.,

Deepest sympathy for you and your husband's family.

Melinda

kwendt 05-05-2011 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Farmstitcher, I have a reg. 306 machine and it takes the 206X13 needle which you can still find. This machine will also use a double needle. Full vision bobbin case,calibrated tension for accurate adjustment,reversible feed,calibrated stitch regulator,smooth seamless throat plates,positive feed for handling all types of fabrics,oneway needle clamp makes it almost impossible to place needle in clamp incorrectly,takes the fashion discs for making decorative stitches.

Wow... that's a cool machine. The discs it takes are the flat ones? or the 'top hat' looking ones? Just curious.

BoJangles 05-05-2011 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by sewnserge
Hi Nancy -
Wow!! You sound so excited! Thanks!!! :wink: Yes it is a Model 15, and the lever is a back tack. Do you have any suggestion for how to lower the feed dogs?? I was hoping I could use it for FMQ, because it has such a long arm...10-1/4"! It has cleaned up fairly well -- it has been ridden hard--has multiple dings and nicks, and tons of scratches where they put their pins in a strap of fabric they wrapped around the arm. There was a decal, but only a tiny bit is visible -- I can see the S from the Singer decal on the arm, and there is a little bit of decorative scrolling on the upright--but it is mostly gone.

I am excited! Your machine appears to have the Tiffany decals which were common on the Model 115's. That is why it appears to be a Model 115, but it is a Model 15. I did some research and Singer started making Model 15's in 1895 and continued to make them until 1957! The Model 115's were made from 1912 to 1935 from what I can find - they are really similar - I am not sure what the difference was in those two machine early on?

Anyway, there should be thumb screw under the bed when you tip the machine up that will drop the feed dogs for FM quilting if in fact the very early ones had that capability! I have a Model 15-88 treadle that does drop its feed dogs with that thumb screw on the under side of the bed right next to the bobbin hook race.

Nancy