Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-sewing-machine-shop-come-sit-spell-t43881.html)

Glenn 10-16-2011 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif

Originally Posted by Glenn
Look at my latest find. Glenn

Glenn, your going to love the way it stitches even more than your Singer 66.

Congrats! Beautiful machine and cabinet. Have fun treadling!

I have been told that I may like it better than my 66. thanks
glenn

Glenn 10-16-2011 03:50 PM

glenn

As soon as I finish cleaning it I will start piecing with it and will let you which one I like best.
Glenn

Charlee 10-16-2011 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by jljack
Hey, Charlee & Monica & Nancy...guess what...I won a Davis Vertical Feed machine on auction this weekend, along with some attachments of some kind (haven't seen a good pic of them yet). It's just the machine, no cabinet or base, but I am sooo excited!!

WOOOHOO!! I haven't played with mine enough yet, just enough to know that she sews! :) (I need to do that!)

Did you know that the Davis VF was engineered to sew 1200 stitches per minute? That's incredibly FAST! I know mine whips right along, but I don't think I have a piece of fabric long enough to test the theory! :lol:

Charlee 10-16-2011 03:51 PM

glenn

As soon as I finish cleaning it I will start piecing with it and will let you which one I like best.
Glenn

I'm just positive that you're going to hate it Glenn, and should maybe save yourself the aggravation and just send it to me now.... ;) :lol:

Glenn 10-16-2011 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee

Originally Posted by jljack
Hey, Charlee & Monica & Nancy...guess what...I won a Davis Vertical Feed machine on auction this weekend, along with some attachments of some kind (haven't seen a good pic of them yet). It's just the machine, no cabinet or base, but I am sooo excited!!

WOOOHOO!! I haven't played with mine enough yet, just enough to know that she sews! :) (I need to do that!)

Did you know that the Davis VF was engineered to sew 1200 stitches per minute? That's incredibly FAST! I know mine whips right along, but I don't think I have a piece of fabric long enough to test the theory! :lol:

That is a lot of stitches per minute and I thought I sewed fast
:lol:
glenn

Glenn 10-16-2011 03:54 PM

Charlee you just don't give up do you!!!! :lol:
Glenn

Charlee 10-16-2011 03:56 PM

Glenn

Nah...I'm a persistant wench if nothing else!! :lol: :lol: :lol: I just want to make sure you know who has first dibs when you decide you don't want it!! ;)

Glenn 10-16-2011 03:58 PM

Glenn

Nah...I'm a persistant wench if nothing else!! :lol: :lol: :lol: I just want to make sure you know who has first dibs when you decide you don't want it!! ;)

If you are real nice I might leave it to you in my will........

Charlee 10-16-2011 03:59 PM

Glenn

If you are real nice I might leave it to you in my will........

Then I would hope that I NEVER get it!! :)

Janis 10-16-2011 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by ncredbird
I think I read somewhere on the vintage site that 15-91 and featherweight accessories were interchangeable. Can someone affirm or deny that for me please. Ann in TN

I think that all low shank feet will fit on any other low shank machine. Maybe some of the newer more expensive machin have just special feet that will fit on just them, but all of my machines have low shank feet and will interchange. Haven't done it with snap-on feet though. Am I correct in this thinking?