Sacrificed the Featherweight!

Old 04-26-2011, 11:27 AM

You are a sister anyone would want. Such a loving thing to do unlike my older sister who thinks anything and everything that was Mom's should be hers. I love to hear of gracious incidents like this. God Bless ya gal!
Old 04-26-2011, 01:03 PM

Little Sisters - grrr! Don't worry, Karma is a beeotch! My mom always said 'you get what you give' and she'll eventually 'get hers'. It amazes me how selfish and uncaring people can be. Debbie C.

I love all the generous and loving comments that have been expressed on this topic. I agree with all the good attitudes expressed, etc. However, after many such instances by a sibling including adult temper tantrums to get what she wants, enough is enough. I won't go into the gory details, I go with Debbie C.' s mom. We will face quite a family drama when my parents go home to be with the Lord. I will hate it. I am not really into lots of things so I will chalk it off as "What goes around comes around." GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME!
Old 04-26-2011, 01:09 PM

You will be blessed for being so understanding. Good job.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:44 PM

What a good sister you are - that was really a good deed that you did.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:12 PM

When my mom passed in 1987, I asked for and got 1 thing, it was a cedar chest I remember from earliest days, and as long as I was "aware" it was always there. My sister and brother got all the "expensive, crystal, china, silver, and jewlery." To me it wasn't about the loot, I was just too devastated with grief. I already had every thing I wanted, and about 6 months before my mom passed she had given me some very special trinkets that meant the world. Needless to say I have never regretted that decision, and plan to pass out my stuff to my kids, long before the day arrives that they may get bruised feelings over it, or show their "not so nice side". You did the right thing and there is a very special FW out there for you.:)
Old 04-26-2011, 03:23 PM

HUGS! You are the kind of person I pray I can be.
Kat
Old 04-26-2011, 03:31 PM

you have given your sister something much deeper than "just" a featherweight. you have given her the love involved in the experience and memories she got as a child--and you have given her the love that a sister can feel, especially knowing how important the "having" of a thing can be. you can bet she will never forget how important your gesture was. she will always cherish both her sister and the machine.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:38 PM

What a good person you are, and no one can take that away. I always wanted a sister to share my feelings with , but not so much now. We had a favorite child in the family, he got most of my parents things, but it really didn`t help him much. And While I was poor most of my life, GOD blessed us so much. First we learned how to work hard, pay our bills, (I held 3 part time jobs when one of my girls wanted to get married and one wanted to go on to school) and do with out, it now paid off. Because our girls both have very good jobs and married good men, They too know how to use thier money well. And we came into some thing so unexpected that it now is good.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:56 PM

I've read all the posts so far. No one has shared this perspective. Serendipity is a woman like you finding, caring for and using a cherished FW that once belonged to someone. Maybe even someone's mother. That someone had no one to give it to. No one wanted that precious little machine that had hummed its way through yards and yards of fabric...

That person may have prayed for you. Someone that would love, care for, and use such a tool. None of us ever knows where we will be guided next. It's just our job to listen and trust.

I relate to your story. I am the youngest. I cared for my mother for 30+ years. She wrote my name on the back of the one thing I asked for, an embroidered Lord's Prayer made by her mother. My oldest sister refuses to honor her choice. My MIL heard this and spent 3 months making me an amazing counted cross stitch Lord's Prayer. I love her way more than that framed stitchery! God is good.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:23 PM

Your sister will also have good memories of you for doing what you did. Bless you!!