Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 223 of 225 FirstFirst ... 123 173 213 222 223 224 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,575 of 5608

Thread: Vintage Giggles aka What are they smoking????

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
    I don't know. I thought I read that here somewhere. If my (bad) memory is correct, it was when the sledgehammer/broken sewing machine/rock pictures started showing up.
    ~G~
    LOL THAT had nothing to do with any contest.... it was pure and simple venting frustration of the day and purely then enjoying the aftermath.
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    good mothers let you lick the beaters - great mothers turn it off first

Wow, who would want to have a dream about David Bowie!
    😊 wilburness 😊

I just went back and seen the add for a "priced at $1500. but will take $600 singer" I am sorry for my fellow wisconsinites. We have our first really cold weather and snow here and I think their brains froze!
    😊 wilburness 😊

Quote Originally Posted by miriam View Post
    LOL THAT had nothing to do with any contest.... it was pure and simple venting frustration of the day and purely then enjoying the aftermath.
    I must have read it too fast then. My bad.
    ~G~

Quote Originally Posted by wilburness View Post
    I'd take David Bowie over, say Jack Black... Back in '86 I had a pre-teen crush on David Bowie something fierce after his role in "Labyrinth"... yup. I just dated myself.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchaicArcane View Post
    I'd take David Bowie over, say Jack Black... Back in '86 I had a pre-teen crush on David Bowie something fierce after his role in "Labyrinth"... yup. I just dated myself.
    LOL, my DD saw that movie for the first time this year and she decided that even with the "weird hair" she would be "all over that" I had to shatter her dreams by showing her a current pic.... Still not bad looking but there certainly is mileage...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
    LOL, my DD saw that movie for the first time this year and she decided that even with the "weird hair" she would be "all over that" I had to shatter her dreams by showing her a current pic.... Still not bad looking but there certainly is mileage...
    That reminds me of those "priceless" commercials. I bet the look on DD's face was priceless when she saw the current pic!
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

I had to shatter her dreams by showing her a current pic.... Still not bad looking but there certainly is mileage...
    Old Age and hard living

I would challenge most people to come up with any 30+ year old who looks better 27 years later. Hard living or not. My latest "girl crush" is Steven Tyler who's probably lived way harder than David Bowie ever did.

I think this is all my musician roots coming out though. Most of these people get points just for surviving to their 60s.

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/art/4240855872.html

"Cushioned" is right. I don't think even a would be princess could feel a pea under all that.
    Mark

Listing price and description also the questions and answers below.
    ~G~
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Sing...item35cf6dd71f
    I LOVE it!! Too funny!

Quote Originally Posted by wilburness View Post
    I think we're all thinking about David Bowie in Labyrinth!! .... I'd say it's still a pretty good look really
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mebowiecomp100.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	451563

Quote Originally Posted by frudemoo View Post
    I think we're all thinking about David Bowie in Labyrinth!! .... I'd say it's still a pretty good look really
    Oh good grief, I wish you hadn't done that!
    Singers: model 12 MOP (1885) Improved Family 29k58 (1939) 44K11 (1921) 201K2, 201K23 206k11 (1950) 222k (1959) 320k2(1959), 15K90, Bernina 530, Pfaff:360 (1959) http://tailororfailure.blogspot.com

I would challenge most people to come up with any 30+ year old who looks better 27 years later. Hard living or not. My latest "girl crush" is Steven Tyler who's probably lived way harder than David Bowie ever did.

I think this is all my musician roots coming out though. Most of these people get points just for surviving to their 60s.
    I disagree. Have you seen 73 year old Raquel Welch lately??? WOW! I always had a thing for her. ... Still do!
    ~G~

I disagree. Have you seen 73 year old Raquel Welch lately??? WOW!
    ~G~
    Yeah, she looks amazing. Possibly expensive, but still amazing

Quote Originally Posted by manicmike View Post
    Oh good grief, I wish you hadn't done that!
    Oh yes, I forgot I would offend your delicate c. 1950-1960 retro sensibilities :P

I disagree. Have you seen 73 year old Raquel Welch lately??? WOW! I always had a thing for her. ... Still do!
    ~G~
    Yes, she's a very good looking gal, but I wonder what she looks like without all that makeup. The pic I googled had she in leopard print. I dare say she doesn't look "better" than she did in her mid 40s though.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgG5ek77u_U - Her Crystal Light commercial from about then

Yeah, she looks amazing. Possibly expensive, but still amazing
    Could be, or she could just be really good at taking care of herself, and lucky.
    There are some of those in Hollywood, right?

Oh yes, I forgot I would offend your delicate c. 1950-1960 retro sensibilities :P
    It's not that. It's that I saw you as looking like a man. A very good looking man, but a man nonetheless.
    Singers: model 12 MOP (1885) Improved Family 29k58 (1939) 44K11 (1921) 201K2, 201K23 206k11 (1950) 222k (1959) 320k2(1959), 15K90, Bernina 530, Pfaff:360 (1959) http://tailororfailure.blogspot.com

It's not that. It's that I saw you as looking like a man. A very good looking man, but a man nonetheless.
    It's a good look... raises the look of the eyebrows and area around the eyes naturally....

OK, here are today's entries:
    http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAd?AdId=534060436 - "Antique Treadle Sewing Machine - New enough that parts are still available for this treadle machine which sets it apart from the others. " - Someone needs to look up the definition of "Antique"....

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-...AdIdZ551939781 - I don't know, for some reason this one passes giggles to offensive, but I can't fully put my finger on why. Maybe it's the highest bid takes it... maybe it's the I'll take trades as long as they're worth twice what the machine is worth, The " I really don't want to accept too many calls or answer too many questions. ", The "I don't know what it's worth. If you can tell me what you think it's worth I would appreciate it."

Really loved him publishing his full address, postal code and description of the house though. I'm so tempted to go spray paint "You might be smoking something illegal... " on his car...

Also loved the "PICKUP TIME - ANY time you want. Seriously. ANY time. Come ANY time 8 am morning to 10 pm in the evening. Whatever works for YOU. NO appointment needed." Anytime? I'll be there at 2am. Without prior notice.

"When to call – Serious calls only please. Just call when you have the cash and are ready to come down and view the item. I’m very busy and don’t want to receive too many calls." - I thought I didn't have to call... it says no appointment needed... If I was that busy, I'd want to schedule with people so I knew I wouldn't be getting drop-ins at all times of the day and night....

You know what? Maybe I do know what it was that crossed the line to offensive.

Blog Entries
    It's a good look... raises the look of the eyebrows and area around the eyes naturally....

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAd?AdId=534060436 - "Antique Treadle Sewing Machine - New enough that parts are still available for this treadle machine which sets it apart from the others. " - Someone needs to look up the definition of "Antique"....

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-...AdIdZ551939781 - I don't know, for some reason this one passes giggles to offensive, but I can't fully put my finger on why. Maybe it's the highest bid takes it... maybe it's the I'll take trades as long as they're worth twice what the machine is worth, The " I really don't want to accept too many calls or answer too many questions. ", The "I don't know what it's worth. If you can tell me what you think it's worth I would appreciate it."

Really loved him publishing his full address, postal code and description of the house though. I'm so tempted to go spray paint "You might be smoking something illegal... " on his car...

Also loved the "PICKUP TIME - ANY time you want. Seriously. ANY time. Come ANY time 8 am morning to 10 pm in the evening. Whatever works for YOU. NO appointment needed." Anytime? I'll be there at 2am. Without prior notice.

"When to call Ė Serious calls only please. Just call when you have the cash and are ready to come down and view the item. Iím very busy and donít want to receive too many calls." - I thought I didn't have to call... it says no appointment needed... If I was that busy, I'd want to schedule with people so I knew I wouldn't be getting drop-ins at all times of the day and night....

You know what? Maybe I do know what it was that crossed the line to offensive.
    "Pickup options - Bring a car. I can help you lift it in. Or just carry on the #9 or #51 bus (the stop is next to my house). The Mckernan/Belgravia train station is about 1 kilometre from my house too. Or just walk it away. One person can easily lift it."
    yup just plop that puppy on top of your head and race for that train....
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    good mothers let you lick the beaters - great mothers turn it off first

I know it might have seemed off-topic except that I think raised eyebrows definitely fit in here!!

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-...AdIdZ551939781 - I don't know, for some reason this one passes giggles to offensive, but I can't fully put my finger on why. ...
    It's a shame I'm not in the area. Could keep the make-up on, go to his house and offer him gold and jewels to stay the hell away from me. Hope I never meet that person!!

Anastasia - I like to sew square things.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amcatanzaro View Post
    This person is "reporpsing " old cabinets into tables is my guess. Love the spelling. At least it wasn't recorsping.
    I meant to behave......but there were too many other options

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/noble...ne-/1034375151
    I laughed pretty hard at the price and wording of the ad, then looked at the pics of *two completely different machines*! I did write and tell him about the two different machines.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/noble...ne-/1034375151
    I laughed pretty hard at the price and wording of the ad, then looked at the pics of *two completely different machines*! I did write and tell him about the two different machines.
    Here's the other machine he's selling: http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/noble...ine/1028007414

Its overpriced too.

Page 223 of 225 FirstFirst ... 123 173 213 222 223 224 ... LastLast