Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1118 of 1792 FirstFirst ... 118 618 1018 1068 1108 1117 1118 1119 1128 1168 1218 1618 ... LastLast
Results 27,926 to 27,950 of 44790

Thread: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltdoctor View Post
    The stain should be here by Thursday. They shipped the wrong thing, so they had to reship it. Here is a picture of the front of the machine. It will likely have to be repainted. It has been out in the weather for at least 10 years.
    Wow...on both the machine and the base! You've done a fantastic job!
    When you repaint, will you stick with black and maybe decal it or will you go with a color?
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    I would love to find one of these old shoe/leather machines someday! Preferably a treadle!
    http://sacramento.craigslist.org/atq/2704535617.html But, I don't want 3!
    Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
    Weedwoman, the 201 is one machine I don't have!

Can't you put the 15-91 in another room? I have sewing machine cabinets all over the house, and ya know what? They look nice! I only bring the cabinets in that are in good shape or we have re-done so they are all nice looking pieces of furniture. I currently have 14 treadles with 10 in the house!

Will you post a photo of the mini quilt when you are done?
    Nancy
    I have my computerized Brother, a necchi-alco, the 201, and my serger set up in my sewing room plus a shelf with just heads of 7 other machines and in my spare bedroom (Mickey Mouse room) I have 3 FW's, a 301, my Davis VF in a treadle, 2 99's, a sewmore in a cabinet, 2 redeyes in treadles, plus the heads of 5 more machines and in our bedroom I have two treadles and my 500 in a cabinet, I have the 306k in a cabinet in my den and in my shop along with my longarm I have another 301 in a cabinet, the 185j in a cabinet and a 626 t&s in a cabinet and have a treadle (with a wood pitman and a sphinx head) in DH's workshop. I think if I try real hard I might be able to move some stuff around so I can set up my 15-91. DH is refinishing a cabinet now for it. Oh, dear, I don't think I should collect any more machines, do you? Ha, but I know I will.
    And yes, I'll post a pic of the mini when it's done. It will be a bit cause there is some hand embroidery on it also.

Quote Originally Posted by Miz Johnny View Post
    I am no longer getting email notices that there are replies. That makes it hard to figure out where to start reading. Anyone else know what to do about that??
    I get some email notices, but not all. I jot down the page number I last read. When I come in to continue reading I just go to that page number.
    Dirty1mom
    Cleveland, OH

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossstitcher View Post
    Glenn, I too have made some of the spool pin covers. I gave some away the other day and she liked them.

Trish
    Glenn, do you remember how far back you posted the spool pin covers? I think my daughter wants to try some. thanks, bobbie

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    When you repaint, will you stick with black and maybe decal it or will you go with a color?
    Great job, Jan, and I am excited to see what you do to that machine. I love the work you have done with the wood top.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Weedwoman View Post
    Name change on the 201. I was going to call her Ethel after the lady who owned her forever but have decided to call her Elaine after the lady's daughter because if she hadn't decided to sell the 201, I wouldn't have her. BTW, she sews like a dream. I'm making a miniature quilt on her for her first project. I so need a larger room for my machines. I had to put my 15-91 away to be able to use my 201 and I love them both. What's a girl to do?
    I know your feeling...so wanting another room with better natural light. I told you that you would love sewing with the 201s. They run so smooth and make beautiful stitches. Enjoy!

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=BoJangles;4685487]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathie S. View Post

Sorry Kathie, I am going to miss Girls Night Out again! A friend and I are going to see the Buck Brannaman movie, "Buck" Saturday evening!

Next month, I will be there!

Nancy
    This movie looks interesting! I'm going to have to see it when it come on Netflix.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grannysewer View Post
    Glenn, do you remember how far back you posted the spool pin covers? I think my daughter wants to try some. thanks, bobbie
    What spool pin covers? I searched and couldnt find them.

Blog Entries
    I did it again. This was was calling for HELP! Rescue me! The poor child was screaming help me!
    This machine was purchased as a restoration project that never got done.
    Someone started to clean the machine and silvered some of the decals, oh well...what is done is done.
    Name:  IMG_3943.JPG
Views: 1631
Size:  1.87 MBName:  IMG_3948.JPG
Views: 471
Size:  1.26 MBName:  IMG_3945.JPG
Views: 575
Size:  1.87 MB

This isn't the worst cabinet that I have picked up, but this will be the worst one that I restore. I have the other drawer pulls in one of the drawers.
    I have NO idea where I'm going to put this machine...but I'm looking forward to cleaning her up.

Blog Entries

Crocheted Spool Pin Covers

Am not Glenn but found the pattern. I hope this helps.

Use steel crochet hook #7 and of course crochet thread.

Chain 10, slip stitch in last chain to make the circle.
    Round 1-Chain three double crochet twice(first double crochet cluster) chain three, double crochet three times,chain three repeat five times. you will have have six double crohet clusters with chain three between each one.
    Round 2-slip stitch to the middle double crochet, chain six,slip stich in the center of next cluster repeat aroung bind off.
    If you have any question just ask.
    Glenn.
    I meant to behave......but there were too many other options

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_quilts View Post

Round 1-Chain three double crochet twice(first double crochet cluster) chain three, double crochet three times,chain three repeat five times. you will have have six double crohet clusters with chain three between each one.
    Round 2-slip stitch to the middle double crochet, chain six,slip stich in the center of next cluster repeat aroung bind off.
    Glenn.
    Thanks! I want to make some too! They look so rich and elegant on top of the vintage machines.

Blog Entries

Really like the looks of this machine and table!

It is very simple and clean (streamlined) looking! Would fit in well with the way I decorate...as if that matters when it comes to vintage machines!! LOL

Blog Entries
    Glad you guys found the intructions to my spool pin covers this was my own design and was fun to make. I use them on all my machines. I was looking thru my crochet patterns and realized the the center of many of these doilies can be used as spool pin covers. I am going to try some so not all machines will have the same cover. Glad you guys like them it seems to add the extra touch to these old ladies.
    Glenn W. Cleveland

needle threadere

Does anybody have a clue how these old needle threaders work?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by quiltdoctor View Post
    I'll jump off the bridge and show my "hopeful" restoration of my Singer fiddlebase cabinet top. Glenn has been helping me along with it. In the beginning it has no finish, so I had to start at the filthy wood and work my way back. I love the oil stain on it that shows where a big round blade has been laid on it and left its greasy outline. Such stories this old girl could tell.

First picture is as she was found, then glueing her back together, before lots and lots of cleaning with denatured alcohol and finally sanded and ready for staining(when my ordered stain arrives).

Texas Jan
    Don't you just love tie-downs? So useful even without a truck! I didn't realize the cutouts for the fiddlebacks weren't curvy, just straight on the sides. That is interesting to me. Keep the updates coming!

Quote Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
    I did it again. This was was calling for HELP! Rescue me! The poor child was screaming help me!
    Someone started to clean the machine and silvered some of the decals, oh well...what is done is done.

This isn't the worst cabinet that I have picked up, but this will be the worst one that I restore. I have the other drawer pulls in one of the drawers.
    I have NO idea where I'm going to put this machine...but I'm looking forward to cleaning her up.
    Great cabinet--love all the curves! The irons with the feet are cool too.

Spectacular irons and cabinet, definitely worth saving.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
    Thanks Charlee. I will go with black. I'd love to have decals for it, but finding them is another matter. I'm no artist and haven't been able to find decals online that would work. Have you ever seen any? The only ones I have found have been the Featherweight decals.

Texas Jan

Blog Entries

I would have had to answer her call too. Now that is gonna be a beauty, and a challenge.

Texas Jan

Blog Entries
    quiltdoctor, it looks wonderful so far. Am anticipating seeing more!
    Please post your pet's - past and present -pictures at http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...ds-t32280.html

Blog Entries
    I'd sure appreciate some help on ID'ing the model number for this machine. I looked on ISMACs, but it seemed all I could find was how to date it. I looked at another site suggested on another topic to identify it visually, but the picture will not let me see how the front looks to see if it is flat or rounded. The owner, when asked said, "This must be model number AL841238." We all know that's the serial number. .

I tried searching here for the info, but it only tells you the thread it's in, and as we all know, this one is pretty long. I will read all this until I find something if I have to. . .

I think I was able to post pictures the owner sent me, since he didn't put it in the ad.(http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/atq/2704867044.html)
    edited: I am not having any luck posting the picture. I click the "go advanced" button, manage attachments, tell it to upload then the only other thing I see on there is to close window. Bummer!
    Last edited by Celeste; 11-16-2011 at 01:43 PM.
    Please post your pet's - past and present -pictures at http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...ds-t32280.html

Blog Entries

Monica, that one is going to be gorgeous!! But lots of work!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_quilts View Post

Glenn.
    Thanks. I remember seeing the pic now, but I didn't recall it from just the name Spool Pin Cover. Old brain!! LOL

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Weedwoman View Post
    Does anybody have a clue how these old needle threaders work?
    I have one with the original instructions PM me with your email and I send you copy of the instruction. It really works.
    Glenn W. Cleveland