Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 09-13-2011, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by misseva
I saw a post from Billy on 9/11. Has anybody heard how he's doing? If so, please give us an update. Praying.
He has an extremely rare autoimmune disease. It is fatal if left untreated but he's going to go through the treatment which are for his lifetime. Treatment involves massive doses of massive milligrams of steroids and a drug that also haas gold as one of the ingredients - nope, not kidding. He is hopeful that eventually all will be better. I'll get the other site for you. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-28727-90.htm#4195030
Old 09-13-2011, 07:15 AM

todays treat

http://www.etsy.com/listing/81371370..._facet=vintage

Not sure if that posted correctly. The featherweight has some paint missing but for $125.00...
Old 09-13-2011, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by chris_quilts
I saw a post from Billy on 9/11. Has anybody heard how he's doing? If so, please give us an update. Praying.
He has an extremely rare autoimmune disease. It is fatal if left untreated but he's going to go through the treatment which are for his lifetime. Treatment involves massive doses of massive milligrams of steroids and a drug that also haas gold as one of the ingredients - nope, not kidding. He is hopeful that eventually all will be better. I'll get the other site for you. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-28727-90.htm#4195030
Chris,

Thanks for the update on Billy!
Old 09-13-2011, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by justtrish
Originally Posted by chris_quilts
Chris, Thanks for the update on Billy!
You're welcome. His latest update is about 2-3 pages from the very end of the blog/health update.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
Originally Posted by deplaylady
Any thoughts on this one? I called about it - I can't tell a lot from the picture, but I've wanted a toy Singer. What should I be looking for- and what do they go for? Ive seen them go for a lot more on eBay,and that's not counting the shipping. I think it looks like a centennial one.
http://rochester.craigslist.org/atq/2593341424.html
I'd get it if I were there. I have no idea about value in your neck of the woods, but it looks reasonable in mine.
I'm meeting her at one - unless it looks like there's a big problem I'm going to own a baby Singer!
Old 09-13-2011, 07:50 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Quilt Mom
Any thoughts on this one? I called about it - I can't tell a lot from the picture, but I've wanted a toy Singer. What should I be looking for- and what do they go for? Ive seen them go for a lot more on eBay,and that's not counting the shipping. I think it looks like a centennial one.
http://rochester.craigslist.org/atq/2593341424.html
I'd get it if I were there. I have no idea about value in your neck of the woods, but it looks reasonable in mine.
I'm meeting her at one - unless it looks like there's a big problem I'm going to own a baby Singer!
You have cool toys can I come over to play?
Old 09-13-2011, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by miriam
Originally Posted by Charlee
Hi Everyone! Just wanted to check in...MIL is visiting (a good thing, love her to pieces! :) ) but while she's here, my computer/sewing room is her bedroom, so it's a bit harder to check in as much as I usually do!

Hope everyone is having a GREAT week, see you soon!! :)
Here I thought you went AWOL
I thought you were out junkin'!!! :-) Enjoy your visit!!
Old 09-13-2011, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by grayhare
This machine looks interesting, can anyone tell me who makes it ,or anthing about it. It has a shuttle. Thank you
Don't know who made it, but it's really pretty. Nice meeting you at the TOGA, Anamaria!!
Old 09-13-2011, 07:58 AM

[quote=deplaylady]
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
This machine looks interesting, can anyone tell me who makes it ,or anthing about it. It has a shuttle. Thank you
Also the Davis company made some - it is shaped like a Minnesota,too. (Found this one on etsy - didnt know they had machines so cheap!0

http://www.etsy.com/listing/77938421...ewing?ref=sc_1
This machine (Anamarie 's posting) is different from the Minnesota. If you look at the top left were the arm (the long horizontal part of the machine) comes into the area of the needle bar area you will see the shape is different.

I can't see all of Nancy's machine, pictured 665, a New Home No.3, but it looks like her machine has this shape.

Thanks Nancy, I was leaning towards a New Home last night after looking through ThayerRags site. I saw one that looked almost like this machine. It looks like a New Home.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Anamarie,

Cute machine! So, Do we call the decals Art Deco; if so, then it makes it easier to find a machine similar in shape. Still don't know who manufactured the machine. I was able to find an Apartment Electric.

Hopeful someone else will come to the rescue.

So, top machine is the one you posted.
Bottom machine is the one I found.
Wow, Monica, those 2 look nearly identical!! I think you're right about it being a sister to your Apartment.