Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 09-23-2011, 07:50 PM

I found this Singer Darning & Embroidery Foot at the thrift store I work in this past week. I haven't tried it out yet, been working too much. Hope to be able to next few days. No date on it, but small print says "for all slant needle zig-zag sewing machines". Cool, huh? bobbie
Attached Thumbnails attachment-261409.jpe   attachment-261412.jpe   attachment-261416.jpe  
Old 09-23-2011, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Hey kids the Boss is in!! I decided to drop by and see how things are going and see what new machines have been rescued lately. As you all know I am very ill and have a super rare autoimmune system disease called Pemphigus Vulgaris. There are only 300 or so cases of it in the States so I am one of a very few. It can not be cured only the symptoms can be tamed and I will die because of it it just depends when God calls me up. But for now I am going to the doctors tomorrow and we are starting the treatments and hopefully by the end of the year I will be under control and I can get back to doing what I love working on sewing machines!!!

Any how I am going to meander through a few pages and see what all you guys found and I will be back tomorrow to let everyone know what is going on.

Billy
I'll ask God if He'll put off your last day for a few decades at least!
Old 09-23-2011, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Charlee
Ok M'friends....I posted my progress of the "Great Davis Project" ;) :lol: on my blog
Thanks for that! I loved reading it. SAy "Hi" to Hazel for us, will you?
Old 09-23-2011, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie
Originally Posted by Lostn51
It can not be cured only the symptoms can be tamed and I will die because of it it just depends when God calls me up. But for now I am going to the doctors tomorrow and we are starting the treatments and hopefully by the end of the year I will be under control and I can get back to doing what I love working on sewing machines!!!
Billy
I'll ask God if He'll put off your last day for a few decades at least!
Doesn't sound like too much to ask. . .
8-)
Old 09-23-2011, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Celeste
Ok M'friends....I posted my progress of the "Great Davis Project" ;) :lol: on my blog
Thanks for that! I loved reading it. SAy "Hi" to Hazel for us, will you?
Thanks Celeste, I'll do that! :) She gets a loving lil' pat every time I walk past her...I can't wait to get this cabinet done and her into it so I can sew with her!
Old 09-23-2011, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Just finished a tutorial on machine binding using a Davis NVF and Singer 328; can be found on my blog.

I spent late last night (very early morning) trying to improve the look of my machine binding work. This is what I came up with after many trial and errors.
Ya did good! :) I'm DYING to get this Davis up and running!! I just have to keep telling myself, "It'll happen...patience Grasshopper!!" :lol:

I absolutely LOVE the duct tape on the attachments!! It made me smile!! :)
Old 09-23-2011, 09:07 PM

Ok M'friends....I posted my progress of the "Great Davis Project" ;) :lol: on my blog, (the second link...I've not done anything with my Jane quilt in AGES!!)

I'm enjoying the process...I think it's going to have big rewards when it's done! :)
Charlee,

Hazel is gorgeous, even before cleaning! When you are all finished cleaning her up, she will shine. Enjoy your time with her! ;)
Old 09-23-2011, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Just finished a tutorial on machine binding using a Davis NVF and Singer 328; can be found on my blog.

I spent late last night (very early morning) trying to improve the look of my machine binding work. This is what I came up with after many trial and errors.
Ya did good! :) I'm DYING to get this Davis up and running!! I just have to keep telling myself, "It'll happen...patience Grasshopper!!" :lol:

I absolutely LOVE the duct tape on the attachments!! It made me smile!! :)
Thanks!
Yup, Duck tape always works! I love the prom dresses that some have made from duck tape. My son has made wallets with duck tape.

Anyway, Have fun with that Davis; she is beautiful!
Old 09-23-2011, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by jljack
Originally Posted by missgigglewings
I received free, an older metal, Montgomery Ward sewing machine. It looks great but the gears are frozen. A repair man has had it soaking in something for over a month and is giving it back to me. It is still frozen but he said it would cost over 200.00 to take apart the gears and fix it to run. The motor hums along, so I know it is ok. Anyone have any ides about this little problem! I like the machine because you can drop the feed dogs, it is nice and clean and there is no rust.
Picture? What year was it? It may be too "plastic" to be worth fixing.
The man who tried to un-stick the gears said in the 50's this was top of the line. It is all metal and weighs about 40 lbs. I would never mess with a plastic machine that didn't work...Unless it was "real purdy"!!
Old 09-24-2011, 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by jljack
I received free, an older metal, Montgomery Ward sewing machine. It looks great but the gears are frozen. A repair man has had it soaking in something for over a month and is giving it back to me. It is still frozen but he said it would cost over 200.00 to take apart the gears and fix it to run. The motor hums along, so I know it is ok. Anyone have any ides about this little problem! I like the machine because you can drop the feed dogs, it is nice and clean and there is no rust.
Picture? What year was it? It may be too "plastic" to be worth fixing.
The man who tried to un-stick the gears said in the 50's this was top of the line. It is all metal and weighs about 40 lbs. I would never mess with a plastic machine that didn't work...Unless it was "real purdy"!!
Does it look like the one I posted on page 1593?